Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#3764221 - Yesterday at 11:55 AM Anyone NOT allergic to Gluten?
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

content Online
My wife,my sister and one of our close friends have all been after me to go get a gluten test done to see if im allergic to it or in- tolerable to it or what ever it is.. i'm pretty sure I know the answer to it but just wondered.. have any of you ever been tested and found out that gluten does not bother you?

#3764247 - Yesterday at 12:23 PM Re: Anyone NOT allergic to Gluten? [Re: pressfit]
REN
Good ol' Boys "Team Grizzly"
12 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

i went on a gluten free diet just to see what if anything my body did without it. i noticed no difference really. slowly added it back in and nothing really changed other then my farts smelled a tad different lol

John 3:16

#3764261 - Yesterday at 12:35 PM Re: Anyone NOT allergic to Gluten? [Re: REN]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

I'm not, I don't think, not sure I'd know if I knew -

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3764273 - Yesterday at 12:52 PM Re: Anyone NOT allergic to Gluten? [Re: ferg]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

I think it's overblown like everything else.
Sure some people are allergic, but it's a craze, a fad, like the Adkins thing was.
If truth be known, probably more indigenous peoples are gluten sensitive than Caucasian.
Europeans have been eating grains longer than than say American Indians, makes sense that we should have problems, same as with lots of other genetic predispositions.
It's why Indians (my kind, not the ones with the jeweled foreheads) and Black people are MUCH more likely to have diabetes and high cholesterol.
Our systems aren't designed for the kinds of diets that Europeans have traditionally eaten.
Just a theory, i could well be full of crap. \:D

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3764276 - Yesterday at 12:53 PM Re: Anyone NOT allergic to Gluten? [Re: ferg]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Sure some people are allergic, but it's a craze, a fad, like the Adkins thing was.
If truth be known, probably more indigenous peoples are gluten sensitive than Caucasian.
Europeans have been eating grains longer than than say American Indians, makes sense that we should have problems, same as with lots of other genetic predispositions.
It's why Indians (my kind, not the ones with the jeweled foreheads) and Black people are MUCH more likely to have diabetes and high cholesterol.
Our systems aren't designed for the kinds of diets that Europeans have traditionally eaten.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3764280 - Yesterday at 01:06 PM Re: Anyone NOT allergic to Gluten? [Re: sgtwebb1]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

What's gluten?? \:\) Seriously, I wonder about some of these4 allergies. For years and years nobody will have any problem with some substance, then all of a sudden, everybody is allegic to it. Reeks of a fad rather than a real medical issue to me.
#3764290 - Yesterday at 01:22 PM Re: Anyone NOT allergic to Gluten? [Re: Hunter 257W]
griz01
Spike

Loc: Wisconsin

Gluten has been around for centuries; I believe it is really not the gluten but all the "hybridized improvements" that have been made to flour recently.

with all the gluten and peanut allergies arriving now in a couple of years you will be able to wipe out our military with a Peanut Butter Sandwich

#3764312 - Yesterday at 01:43 PM Re: Anyone NOT allergic to Gluten? [Re: griz01]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Someone given the definition of gluten? I don't mean look it up, just tell me what you think it is?

Μολων λαβε

#3764324 - Yesterday at 01:53 PM Re: Anyone NOT allergic to Gluten? [Re: in the dog house!]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
Someone given the definition of gluten? I don't mean look it up, just tell me what you think it is?

It's the protein part of grains. Some have more than others, but I think all grains have it.
I belIeve that all the hybridization of grains have probably made what was once a fairly rare problem into more of one.
And of course the media and good nazis make anything worse by making it trendy.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3764326 - Yesterday at 01:53 PM Re: Anyone NOT allergic to Gluten? [Re: sgtwebb1]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

content Online
 Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1

i agree

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
109 registered (lung-buster, WMAn, WORM82, DocT, elkman, Jarred525, 9 invisible) and 166 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92930 Topics
1085879 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.104 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.