Topic Options
#3745291 - Yesterday at 02:53 PM Urban Deer Complex
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
http://www.urbandeercomplex.com/

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3745519 - Yesterday at 08:07 PM Re: Urban Deer Complex [Re: Poser]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

content Online
He makes a few good points about urban deer behavior being different mainly because of their constant exposure to humans. However, it also looks like he's doctoring a little bit of useful info with a lot of fancy scientific sounding fluff. Sort of like those stock market gurus who promise 'secret' info but string you along endlessly with teasers.
#3745714 - Yesterday at 11:29 PM Re: Urban Deer Complex [Re: Hunter 257W]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Hmm interesting. I love suburban deer and they are different from rural deer. Some think they are tame but they are very much wild in most cases. The book looks to be a interesting read although the intro does seem hyped up a bit.

The biggest thing I want to learn about suburban hunting is how to get access and avoid getting in trouble. I have very limited suburban access and I don't expect it to last much longer.

...since last deer season

#3745862 - Today at 08:31 AM Re: Urban Deer Complex [Re: catman529]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: catman529
Hmm interesting. I love suburban deer and they are different from rural deer. Some think they are tame but they are very much wild in most cases. The book looks to be a interesting read although the intro does seem hyped up a bit.

The biggest thing I want to learn about suburban hunting is how to get access and avoid getting in trouble. I have very limited suburban access and I don't expect it to last much longer.

I thought it was overhyped a bit as well. Unfortunately, that style has become the industry standard for marketing hunting products.

#3746333 - Today at 06:24 PM Re: Urban Deer Complex [Re: Poser]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Poser

I thought it was overhyped a bit as well. Unfortunately, that style has become the industry standard for marketing hunting products.
for marketing a lot of things

#3746334 - Today at 06:25 PM Re: Urban Deer Complex [Re: catman529]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

I have mixed feelings about promoting urban deer hunting. I think awareness should be raised to some extent so that people can get more access, but at the same time I disagree with myself because I think it should be incognito and not something talked about very much.

#3746431 - Today at 07:46 PM Re: Urban Deer Complex [Re: catman529]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

content Online
I have mixed feelings about promoting urban deer hunting. I think awareness should be raised to some extent so that people can get more access, but at the same time I disagree with myself because I think it should be incognito and not something talked about very much.

I agree completely. The main reason this type deer hunting can be such a bonanza for the few hunters who have permisson to do it, is because there are so few. They are beneath the radar of awareness of most of the people in the area who might otherwise be against hunting. That and the fact that a lot of people who are neither for or against hunting are tired of having their flowers or small gardens eaten by deer and as such are more tolerant of a little hunting right under their noses. Even with that being the case, if those same peole start seeing a lot of trucks parked around the area and orange vests in nearby trees, they are likely to start pushing back against hunting around their homes.

I would think that one of the biggest problems with this type hunting is that even if you get permission, it will probably be only for a very few acres. There's going to be a real chance that any deer you shoot will run beyond the land you have permission to be on and then you have a potential problem when you try to retrieve it. Still, if you get lucky enough to find the right spot, it could very well be unhunted for years and have a nice old mature buck hanging around.

#3746458 - Today at 08:10 PM Re: Urban Deer Complex [Re: Hunter 257W]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

content Online
PETA takes aim at one urban deer hunting project: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunsw...2748880?cmp=rss

#3746562 - 2 minutes 39 seconds ago Re: Urban Deer Complex [Re: Poser]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Poser
PETA takes aim at one urban deer hunting project: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunsw...2748880?cmp=rss

I like the quote from the PETA member near the end of the article saying how bow hunting is the most cruel form of hunting there is - as if she would approve of gun hunting. \:\) They want to stop it all but figure that if they can divide hunters into groups the fight will be easier to win. What I can't understand is how these nuts think they are going to maintain a reasonable population without hunting. Nature will eventually stabalize the numbers but it sure won't be merciful as disease, starvation and big increases in predators are natures methods. These PETA nuts don't mind that though because they won't see those animals suffer and as long as they don't see it, it don't happen.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
154 registered (biglefty20, Matador, JAD, 74MOPAR, Hunter 257W, bogger, 20 invisible) and 203 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91371 Topics
1068227 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.043 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.