#3714980 - Yesterday at 10:13 AM Re: Depressed [Re: LSUtigers]
landman
8 Point

Loc: TN & Western KY

I've been divorced

Later married again, and 18 months later that wife died in a horse accident

Will be married now for 25 years next year
3 kids, 5 grand kids
My my left this morning at 2am heading to KS, another granddaughter to arrive shortly

Been blessed with a Great business
And have had GOD show me how easy it is that it can disappear
The last 4 years have been tough

And then last Nov found out I have cancer, a rare type...

Have had to sell things over time to make it work

But still have MORE than I deserve

Other personal family things have took me to the edge for a period of time
Some I caused , some I felt my actions caused them

GOD keeps me going

I've had people save thy would love to be in my shoes...
They don't know I wish I could trade with them at times

GOD AND PRAYER

talk to your doctor and tell him how your feeling, I had to, it helped

Yes I had to talk Meds to sleep and to make it though the day
But no longer I do

I will still make mistakes
I will still ask GOD to guide me everyday in prayer
I will Keep you in my prayers

http://www.JimmySettleLand.com

#3715009 - Yesterday at 10:59 AM Re: Depressed [Re: ferg]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Williamson cty. Tn

Originally Posted By: ferg
 Originally Posted By: redheadshooter
 Originally Posted By: infoman jr.
If you don't care about your situation, how can you expect someone else to?

This site needs a like button

Dude - even if you felt/feel this way, It's not something one would articulate in this type of thread - when folks are down, way down, comments like this can, and have been just the little push it takes to make them do something drastic - almost never positive. I would hate for someone to read of an awful event like that happening after making such a post -

There should be a 'dis-like' button -

thx ferg. I'm glad someone said it. Very distasteful post IMO.

#3715046 - Yesterday at 11:52 AM Re: Depressed [Re: stryker]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

content Online
dh, look how many folks here care enough to try to help. I'm also willing to bet there are lot more that would like to post but don't know what to say.

Life has its ups and downs. You are in a down cycle right now, but just like a pendulum it will swing back the other way and the good times will come back shortly. I think that it takes knowing struggles to make us all recognize and really appreciate the good times.

I've always believed that God has his hand on each of our lives. When my treestand went missing/stolen a couple of years ago, I figured that God knew that I was going to fall out of it or have some other tragedy happen that he didn't want me to go through. When traffic ties me up and makes me late for work, I figure that maybe, just maybe it's because he knew that some guy was going to be running a red light right when I was in that intersection. I just trust God to know better than me. And he ALWAYS takes care of his people.

We all play the hand that we are dealt. I don't know why some people seem to have it all, and others struggle with just daily existence. But I have seen that those that "have it all" usually pay a heavy price somewhere in their life for that blessing. "To him whom much is given, much is required."
Most of us just try to get through life and get a few blessing here and there...and we make the best of what we have. But I think perhaps many times we don't see the blessings that are in front of us, because they have been there so long.

I will be praying for you brother.

#3715091 - Yesterday at 12:30 PM Re: Depressed [Re: ferg]
Rob R.
12 Point

Loc: Collierville TN.

Originally Posted By: ferg
 Originally Posted By: dh1984
I would like to thank everyone for helping me but i really don't know what god has in the future for me but i'm just at the point don't know what to do.it's just something that is hard to explain

Go sit in church for a bit, alone, and talk to Him - lay it on Him and really let Him in to your heart - and then listen and watch for HIS answer - don't overlook the small clues either - it will come.

None of us knows what the Lord's plans are for us, we mostly we stumble along in this life, until BANG there it is - and there some of us that live the largest part of our lives looking for that answer and we just don't see it or it doesn't make sense to us at the time it's presented.

God sometimes loads up on us, he does it for a reason, to bring us closer to Him, to ask for His help in our lives. You see, we all need Him, some of us are just to dang stubborn to admit it sometimes.

Your post here has a lot of folks lifting you up in prayers wither you know it or not, but we are. He'll come to you as well, in His time, not yours, you need only to ask and wait.

Hang in man -

ferg....

Some very sound advise coming from ferg. Dh I am very sorry that you lost your mom. At 53 I know that I am fortunate to still have my mom alive and cannot say that I understand what you are going through with your loss. But I can sympathize with your depression and do understand how you feel.
Let me apologize for my rambling that is to begin right now as i am not a eloquent speaker or writer. I read your post this morning and read the replies. I looked at it again a short time ago and read the new replies. As i was reading ferg's reply to you I just started crying and crying. I cried and I prayed for the Lord to give you and me strength and guidance.
I look at depression as a beast or monster that is intent on destroying me. I was in banking for about 27 years. I was married for 22 years when I filed for divorce. I lost my job on December 15, 2008. My divorce was final in June 2009. I was broke and saddled with all of the legal fees of the very ugly and drawn out divorce. I think i may have had a nervous breakdown in 2004 or 2005. I went from having the world by the tail to not being able to get out of bed or face the day. I had pulled away from God. I didnt want to see another sunrise. I didnt want to do anything except just go to sleep and hope that I never woke up. Life got very dark and very lonely. I had no direction and no peace, just lots of anger and bitterness. While going through the divorce, I am convinced that God sent me an Angel to be by my side, to listen to me, to cry with me and to laugh with me. She invited me to go to church with her. I went, no questions asked and nothing out of the ordinary expected. When i got in that church building it was as if Jesus grabbed me by the shirt collar and said this is where you belong.
5 years later life has improved. Ive still got all the divorce debt. My current business is slowly dwindling down to nothing but I just keep plugging away. Something good is going to happen. When I get to a crossing I cant handle. A bridge mysteriously appears. Im constantly trying to figure out a way to get out from underneath all this debt but just have to have faith that somewhere something great is going to happen. I dont have all the answers, HELL Im lucky to have some of the answers. But i just keep plugging away. Keep plugging away dh. Life and things will improve. I lay in bed many mornings not wanting to get up and face the day but the good Lord grabs me by the shoulders and says come on Rob, lets get up and get going.
I told you I was going to ramble!
Im praying for you brother. Go see a doctor. Spill your guts to him so he can get you the medical assistance you need. And most importantly spill your guts to God. He will help you.

Patron Member of the National Rifle Association Of America

#3715351 - Yesterday at 08:14 PM Re: Depressed [Re: Rob R.]
dh1984
10 Point

Loc: union county tennessee

sad Online
I'm ok thanks everyone for seeing me threw this i got a little under the weather last night and finely gave in and went to bed.

I'm sorry for everything i cause last night but i am dang glad that i friends on here to talk me threw it . i'm doing better today i went and help a guy on his farm and then after getting off i went fishing for a while. caught one trout but it will be good tomorrow.

Thanks Again everyone for helping me .

#3715353 - Yesterday at 08:17 PM Re: Depressed [Re: dh1984]
leader
16 Point

Loc: Knox

content Online
I'm ok thanks everyone for seeing me threw this i got a little under the weather last night and finely gave in and went to bed.

I'm sorry for everything i cause last night but i am dang glad that i friends on here to talk me threw it . i'm doing better today i went and help a guy on his farm and then after getting off i went fishing for a while. caught one trout but it will be good tomorrow.

Never apologize for asking for help, glad your better today....

#3715643 - Today at 09:23 AM Re: Depressed [Re: leader]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Originally Posted By: leader

This.

Go fishing. That always seems to help when I'm going through a rough spell.

#3715651 - Today at 09:35 AM Re: Depressed [Re: redheadshooter]
showmehorns
16 Point

Loc: usually in the woods

I've often wanted a "d!$k" button, I could have used it twice in this one thread.

#3715657 - Today at 09:40 AM Re: Depressed [Re: moondawg]
dh1984
10 Point

Loc: union county tennessee

sad Online
 Originally Posted By: moondawg
 Originally Posted By: leader

This.

Go fishing. That always seems to help when I'm going through a rough spell.

After going fishing yesterday i feel a lot better then i did. i think what i have is a bad case of cabin fever. because after getting a big size deer on cam i have been all to pieces since i went fishing yesturday and only thing i could think about is them 2 bigger deer that i got a picture of. but i getting better. i just have to take it day by day and don't think about them to much until season gets here.

#3715763 - 5 minutes 20 seconds ago Re: Depressed [Re: showmehorns]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Loc: Elizabethtown, KY

content Online
 Originally Posted By: showmehorns

I've often wanted a "d!$k" button, I could have used it twice in this one thread.

If you have a question or comment about my tact, feel free to send a PM.

Glad things are looking up for you DH.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
two1980, Darrenduhl, 2winsrus, jacmac, Smokeymtnbow
13101 Registered Users
Who's Online
111 registered (Hickman Hunter, elkman, volsgo1, fredfred, 1908_Cubbies, morgancountry, 14 invisible) and 144 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13101 Members
42 Forums
88756 Topics
1038309 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.217 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.