Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3707719 - 07/11/14 03:23 PM Re: For those eagerly awaiting the revolution [Re: griz01]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: griz01
.....Those that believe revolution should be anything but the last desperate attempt to save our country's Constitution are those that have never be in a war zone or just a fool.....

Other issues aside for the moment, you'll get no argument from me on that, which as I read it, was the central point of the article I posted.

#3708329 - 07/12/14 05:13 PM Re: For those eagerly awaiting the revolution [Re: Bambi Buster]
griz01
Spike

Loc: Wisconsin

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster
Other issues aside for the moment, you'll get no argument from me on that, which as I read it, was the central point of the article I posted.

My problem with the article was the use of murderers to attempt to discredit the seriousness of the real issue! Why must we always wade through lies and a distortion of the facts. For me doing this just taints the whole article, justtTell me the truth and then let the story stand or fall on it's own merit.

#3708543 - 07/12/14 10:50 PM Re: For those eagerly awaiting the revolution [Re: griz01]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Originally Posted By: griz01

My problem with the article was the use of murderers to attempt to discredit the seriousness of the real issue! Why must we always wade through lies and a distortion of the facts. For me doing this just taints the whole article, just Tell me the truth and then let the story stand or fall on it's own merit.

I read the article a second time to make sure I hadn't missed anything. The issue the author was addressing was wingnut revolutionaries running amok and deciding on their own that it was time to start the revolution. The murders of two police officers and a good Samaritan citizen were committed by Jared and Amanda Miller, two self-styled "revolutionaries" who were too radical even for the rabble defending Bundy. There are those who will see them as martyrs. I do not.

If by "real issue" you mean the sorry state of the nation, that was not the subject of the article. The proliferation of armed wacko nut jobs was his area of concern.

#3708706 - 07/13/14 10:15 AM Re: For those eagerly awaiting the revolution [Re: Bambi Buster]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Another article by the same author:

"...The public is slowly learning that despite the incessant media focus on guns, actual gun crimes have plummeted. A few prominent liberals like Anthony Bourdain have tried to convince other liberals to stop demonizing gun owners. By most measures, we on the pro-2nd Amendment side have won.

But then open carriers go and screw things up....."

http://chrishernandezauthor.com/2014/07/06/please-open-carriers-stop-defending-my-rights/

Yep, those open carriers are really screwing things up:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/03/...the-waitresses/

#3708758 - 07/13/14 11:48 AM Re: For those eagerly awaiting the revolution [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

mad Online
I only open carry when I'm hunting, and then mainly for convenience.
I could care less if anyone else does it.
Also, if it ever becomes commonplace again, I bet it would be more of a deterrence then many think.
Imagine a bad guy walking into a convenience store to rob it, only to see the clerk, and 4 or 5 customers walking around with pistols on their hips.
Time to find an easier target, maybe a 'gun-free zone'.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3708759 - 07/13/14 11:49 AM Re: For those eagerly awaiting the revolution [Re: sgtwebb1]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

mad Online
Also, I bet those gals get GOOD tips!! ;\)

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3708822 - 07/13/14 01:31 PM Re: For those eagerly awaiting the revolution [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1

"...The public is slowly learning that despite the incessant media focus on guns, actual gun crimes have plummeted. A few prominent liberals like Anthony Bourdain have tried to convince other liberals to stop demonizing gun owners. By most measures, we on the pro-2nd Amendment side have won.

http://chrishernandezauthor.com/2014/07/06/please-open-carriers-stop-defending-my-rights/

Your "open carriers" are employees of a private business carrying openly on premises with the consent and blessings of the owner. Hooray for private enterprise. I'm all for it.

The "open carry" people the author of the article was talking about are different and you know it. For every eye candy pic like yours, I can come up with several more like this. Your argument is invalid.

#3708972 - 07/13/14 04:43 PM Re: For those eagerly awaiting the revolution [Re: Bambi Buster]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Your "open carriers" are employees of a private business carrying openly on premises with the consent and blessings of the owner. Hooray for private enterprise. I'm all for it.

The "open carry" people the author of the article was talking about are different and you know it. For every eye candy pic like yours, I can come up with several more like this. Your argument is invalid.

The private business invites the public to open carry. My point in indeed valid. You pick out a couple of pictures of people open carrying and try to portray everyone as "Wingnuts". Not everyone agrees with your fear of open carry, and not everyone doesn't believe there is no deterrent or tactical advantage of open carry.

#3709006 - 07/13/14 05:04 PM Re: For those eagerly awaiting the revolution [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

The private business invites the public to open carry. My point in indeed valid. You pick out a couple of pictures of people open carrying and try to portray everyone as "Wingnuts". Not everyone agrees with your fear of open carry, and not everyone doesn't believe there is no deterrent or tactical advantage of open carry.

Good for the private business. As I said, free enterprise. A lot of private businesses would prefer that if people carry, they not be so "in-your-face" about it.

My only "fear" of open carry is that the multiple wingnuts like the ones pictured who love to indulge in it to make up for their shortcomings will alienate a general public (that votes) who have no strong opinions about the 2nd Amendment one way or another. These open carry bozos are not winning the 2nd Amendment any friends or influencing people.

Having survived 36 years carrying a firearm legally, as a uniformed officer, a plain clothes agent, a "camo agent" (for lack of a better word) in a foreign country, and as a civilian, I know a few things about deterrents and tactical advantages. I, and an overwhelming majority of those who have similar experience, find your argument invalid.

#3709034 - 07/13/14 05:27 PM Re: For those eagerly awaiting the revolution [Re: Bambi Buster]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

My only "fear" of open carry is that the multiple wingnuts like the ones pictured who love to indulge in it to make up for their shortcomings will alienate a general public (that votes) who have no strong opinions about the 2nd Amendment one way or another. These open carry bozos are not winning the 2nd Amendment any friends or influencing people.

As I have posted before, I agree your above statement. If more businesses like the restaurant in Colorado continue to promote open carry, the opinions of the voting populace you mentioned above could just as easily be swayed towards supporting open carry.

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
103 registered (Devin2009, ImThere, downthebrown, JAY B, ADR, mossyhorns300, 9 invisible) and 134 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91511 Topics
1069853 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.056 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.