Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3706100 - Yesterday at 02:41 PM Good Article on - The Dog-Hunting Debate
gator-n-buck
WAFL
16 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

No.... I'm not for making doggin deer with dogs legal in TN.... But it is loads of fun.... \:\)

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/2010/09/22/deermanagement_naw_debate_1009/

#3706104 - Yesterday at 02:45 PM Re: Good Article on - The Dog-Hunting Debate [Re: gator-n-buck]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

I have no problem with dogging for deer, as long as the hunters have adequate acreage to prevent dogs from running onto neighboring properties. Hunting deer with dogs is a time-honored tradition in the Deep South and Carolina coastal regions.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3706200 - Yesterday at 04:20 PM Re: Good Article on - The Dog-Hunting Debate [Re: BSK]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
Thought the SC statement was interesting:

The SCDNR seems comfortable in taking a “hands off” approach to the political hot potato of dog-hunting. “Dog-hunting is not a biological issue,” explained SCDNR deer biologist Charles Ruth. “It is a cultural issue, and the SCDNR is a biological department.”

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3706207 - Yesterday at 04:27 PM Re: Good Article on - The Dog-Hunting Debate [Re: Poser]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
Comments are awesome \:D

especially this one:

Dog Hunting must be protected in VA. I live in Dinwiddie county VA and over 70% of the population uses dogs to hunt. Dog Hunting is a family tradition around here. It should not be banned because some IGNORANT YANKEE OR SOUTHERN TRAITOR doesn't like the way we do things down here in the South. If you cant handle the hunt, STAY UP NORTH. Reedy Creek Hunt Club, Dinwiddie VA.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3706387 - Yesterday at 08:57 PM Re: Good Article on - The Dog-Hunting Debate [Re: Poser]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I say let em run em. If you don;t like it don't participate.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3706826 - Today at 02:15 PM Re: Good Article on - The Dog-Hunting Debate [Re: Bone Collector]
volunteer1
4 Point

Loc: east tn

When I lived in outer banks, NC I was invited to hunt with dogs on several occasions. It was a blast and it was done on big pieces of property. I used a shotgun and was usually sat up on a logging road of some sort. We also had guys that used rifles that were on the larger open fields.Vegetation was very thick and swamps. These guys did it right. It was awesome!
#3707046 - 28 minutes 31 seconds ago Re: Good Article on - The Dog-Hunting Debate [Re: volunteer1]
rukiddin?
8 Point

Loc: E. Tenn

content Online
Grew up running deer dogs. It's a blast! Haven't done it in 10 or so years but I still remember the sounds of the dogs burning one up through the pine thickets and cut overs in eastern NC. If you have never been to the coastal areas, then you have never really understood the true meaning of a "thicket". I always joked that eastern NC was the only place you would ever see a cab high dog box on a low rider pick-up. Haha

I met some guys that were some of the best rifle shots you've ever seen. These guys grew up shooting running deer with shotguns and rifles and most would say if they ever had to shoot at deer standing still, they'd probably miss it. It's truly fascinating to watch those guys roll a deer at 200 yds hauling a$$ across a wide open cutover.

As far as NC is concerned, I'm afraid it's on it's way out for the exception of the extreme far eastern counties were populations are extremely sparse.

"I'm gone to carolina in my mind"

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
77 registered (stilllookin, TNRazorback, Snowwolfe, DoeTag, mjac, EastTNHunter, 13 invisible) and 119 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88061 Topics
1031540 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.225 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.