Tndeer Logo

Page 254 of 256 « First<252253254255256>
Topic Options
#3692079 - 06/16/14 09:52 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Give....not an option!

From the mouth of Jesus:

Matthew 6:2

2 “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.

Don't miss this: "when you give" ! Jesus expects us to give from what He has blessed us with to others. Let's examine ourselves and see when is the last time we helped the needy? From what I see from the bible it is not an option, we are commanded to do so!

When we do give it is to be kept quiet. It is not something to brag about because as we have seen it is our duty. God will reward us for our good deeds not man so we our pride in check, after all everything we give is God's anyway, right?

This is very simple teaching from our Lord, let's not let it slip by us.

Thank you Lord for your many blessings, help us to share them with others!

Tom

Edited by preachermantom (06/16/14 09:52 AM)

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3692772 - 06/17/14 07:15 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Get off that long black train!

Josh Turners testimony spoke to me this morning...check it out here:

http://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/josh-turner/

Here is the video for the song "Long Black train"....really listen to the words:

http://youtu.be/PyRZTAmcW7c

So true! The devil wants us to jump aboard his train of sin and destruction...look at the scriptures:

John 10:10

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.That thief is Satan himself!!! Jesus gives you true life.

Jesus even warned about the path or gate that leads to destruction:

Matthew 7:13-14

13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Our victory over the devil and this life can only be found in Jesus!

1 Corinthians 15:57

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.Makes me want to shout!

Thank you Jesus for helping me jump off that long black train!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3700549 - 06/30/14 08:49 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Ecuador blessings! Free from sins hold!

Well I returned from Ecuador late Thursday night. Once again God blessed the team in a mighty way. To be able to share God's Word and be the hands and feet of Jesus is such a blessing from the Lord. The Lord used us to plant many seeds and to help the Fly family accomplish some work around their home. I want to give God all the glory and praise for a safe and fruitful trip.

During my bible studies a verse was shared that has come back to my mind many times and I want to share it with you this morning. Here it is:

Micah 7:19

19 He will again have compassion on us,And will subdue our iniquities.

You will cast all our sinsInto the depths of the sea.

Such an incredible verse for us to meditate on. God has such compassion for us. Do we really understand that? He knows we make mistakes but he still loves us, matter of fact He loves us so much that He sent Jesus for us!!! The nest part of the verse confirms that God knows we make mistakes because it tells us He will subdue our iniquities (sin). God has done that through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. Go not only subdued our sin, He takes it away!!! What's God do with that sin? He casts it away into the depths of the sea and remembers it no more! That is important to understand! He forgets about our sin after we repent of it, so if it keeps coming back to your mind it is not coming from God but the devil!!! Don't let the devil get in your mind like that, your repented sin is gone and forgotten by God! Look at this verse:

1 John 1:9

9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

We have a responsibility with our sin, to confess it to God! God wants us to realize our sin, admit it to Him, ask for forgiveness. He then takes it throws it into the sea, forgives us, and cleanses us from that sin, we are then to move on and sin no more! No condemnation for us! Wow is that freeing or what?

God forgets your confessed sin, so move on! You are forgiven, it is gone!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3700793 - 06/30/14 02:27 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Amen!

#3701135 - 07/01/14 07:41 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

What are you striving for?

That may be a tough question to honestly answer. Most would jump right in and say serving God or something like that, at least those who claim to be followers of Jesus. Perhaps we can just look at a few things in our lives and get a pretty good picture of what we are striving after. Look at their facebook page, look at what they spend their time doing, what do they talk about most, where do they spend most of their time??? When we look at these things do they add up to striving after God or striving after things of this world? Look at these verses:

Hebrews 4:11-13

11 Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. 12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Hmmmm, God says strive to enter His rest, or heaven. Now we know our faith rests in Jesus Christ alone, He is the only way to heaven. When we truly follow Jesus though our life will shout I AM LIVING FOR AND SERVING JESUS TIL I DIE! That is striving to enter His rest. If we are failing to do that we are disobedient.

The next part of the verse (12) is letting us know if we are in the Word it will let us know if we are following Jesus as He desires because the Word will convict (pierce) us deeply when are lives are not in line with what God expects from His followers. I am so glad for the Word, when I am in right relationship to God, life is being lived to the fullest and there is no greater joy or happiness than that! Nothing in this world can even come close to comparison!

Then verse 13 reminds us of our all-knowing, all-seeing God. We can't hid our disobedience. One day we will all stand before Him, to be judged. Are you ready? Are you covered by the blood of Jesus? Are you striving to enter His rest, heaven?

Let's think about what God has said today! May it burn within our hearts.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3701807 - 07/02/14 09:12 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Source of Salvation

Answer to the question of life is below, "How do I become right with God?"

Hebrews 5:9

9 And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,

Who was made perfect, died for our sins, and defeated death? Why Jesus of course! The only way for eternal salvation. The verse doesn't end there though. Jesus said we must put out faith and trust in Him for what He has done, give Him our life, follow Him, and obey His commandments. Is this you? It takes more than empty words, and a life lived for self. That's not what Tom says but what the bible says.

Too many want to walk the fence...say the believe in Jesus but their life says different. Jesus wants a relationship with us not an occasional visit. When we truly surrender our life to Him it is obvious. For those who have, you have the abundant life Jesus promised! For those who have not sadly these words are in your future if you don't surrender your life to Jesus....

Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Jesus is our source of eternal salvation.....give Him your life and obey His Word! It truly is the abundant life both here and in heaven!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3702851 - 07/04/14 06:27 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Happy Birthday America! Let's turn back to God!

Psalm 33:12

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, The people He has chosen as His own inheritance.

Oh what a blessing it is to live in the United States. As we celebrate another another birthday of this great nation let us take time to think about where we are at with God. If we are honest with ourselves we must say as nation we have turned our back on Him and are now reaping the consequences which will not get better until we repent and turn back to Him. When we purposely make sin ok, God will not stand back and smile upon us. Things like marriage, homosexuality, abortion, adultery, and the list goes on and on, as a nation theses sins and more are being accepted as ok. Not in God's eyes. His Word is clear on these issues. The only one who can change these things are you and I. We must stand and let our voices be heard. This nation was built on God's Word and for us to be the nation we once were, we have to get back to those principles!

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

So as we celebrate the birthday of the greatest country in the world, let's do some thinking and then act upon what we know is right!

God bless and have a great 4th!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3704225 - 07/07/14 08:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Fear-what are you afraid of?

Fear...it seems we all have something we are afraid of. We are going to start a series on fear and what the bible says about fear. So sit back and let's see what God says about fear.

I googled the top 10 fears...while this list varied a little depending on which site you looked at here is what I found. See if any of these are on your list:

1. Flying

2. Public Speaking

3. Heights

4. The dark

5. Fear of intimacy

6. Death

7. Failure

8. Rejection

9. Spiders

10. Commitment

The order of some of these surprised me. I thought death would be at the top of the list! What exactly is fear? Here is how it is defined:

Fear: a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, ect., whether the threat is real or imagined.

It has been said that the phrase "fear not" or "do not be afraid" is said 365 times in the bible, although this is not true it is said over 100 times in the KJV version of the bible. Said enough times to get the point!

We need to ask ourselves a critical question...why does a follower of Jesus fear?

Could it be it says much about our faith or trust in Jesus? Or could it be the devil just knows how to push our buttons to keep our focus off of God? Or maybe something else?

Well let's go to our guide book for life, the bible, and see what God says about fear!

1. When serving God what are we to fear?

Isaiah 41:8-10

8 “But you, Israel, are My servant,

Jacob whom I have chosen,

The descendants of Abraham My friend.

9 You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth,

And called from its farthest regions,

And said to you,

‘You are My servant,

I have chosen you and have not cast you away:

10 Fear not, for I am with you;

Be not dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you,

Yes, I will help you,

I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

God says when serving Him we are not to fear anything! This same kind of message from God is said many times to the servants of God. Abraham, David, Soloman, Daniel, and more are all told...fear not! God is with You! We have that same promise...God is with us! Hmmm where have I heard that before?

Matthew 1:23

“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

We have nothing to fear in this life! Jesus is with us and sent the helper (Holy Spirit) to be with us after He ascended back to heaven.

So think about this...if you have given your life to Jesus, then we are his servants and should be serving Him on a daily basis. God says to His servants not to fear because He is with us, will strengthen us, help us, and uphold us with His righteous right hand which is representing His power! I don't know about you but that's all I need to know! I am in God's hand!

So are you a follower of Jesus? Are you in service to your King? Then you having nothing to fear...God is in control!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3704264 - 07/07/14 09:54 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
TN Larry
10 Point

Loc: Baxter, Tennessee

Thanks Tom!

#3705003 - 07/08/14 09:23 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: TN Larry]
preachermantom
12 Point

Give God the glory Larry...He alone is worth and thx for reading!

Jesus Christ

Page 254 of 256 « First<252253254255256>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AdamMcK, purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer
13113 Registered Users
Who's Online
40 registered (Jaye, scott co htr, leader, RKP, Southpaw, BuckDropper, 3 invisible) and 71 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13113 Members
42 Forums
89424 Topics
1045856 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.286 seconds in which 0.047 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.