Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3690998 - 06/13/14 10:52 PM Re: I was in Columbia yesterday [Re: deerhunter10]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

I presume that your "perfect weather" has come and gone. Last week or 10 days, West Tennessee, including "my" area along the west bank of the Tennessee river has been one flash flood warning after another. Basically two inches plus of rain each and every day! And I assume that these systems have moved eastward to the remaining parts of the state. But maybe I don't know what "perfect weather" is.

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish proverb

#3691184 - 06/14/14 12:08 PM Re: I was in Columbia yesterday [Re: 4onaside]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

Uh... if you look at the date his original post was 1 week prior to the severe weather. ..

Edited by Rockhound (06/14/14 12:09 PM)
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#3691588 - 06/15/14 08:21 AM Re: I was in Columbia yesterday [Re: Rockhound]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

I know flooding can wipe out nests. But poults can fly pretty soon after they hatch, so couldn't they fly to safety from the storms?

#3691954 - 06/15/14 11:25 PM Re: I was in Columbia yesterday [Re: Rockhound]
4onaside
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Rockhound
Uh... if you look at the date his original post was 1 week prior to the severe weather. ..

I understand, but the ones that I saw during the "perfect weather" were tiny. They didn't turn into super poults in a week's time.

Polish proverb

#3691956 - 06/15/14 11:27 PM Re: I was in Columbia yesterday [Re: catman529]
4onaside
12 Point

Originally Posted By: catman529
I know flooding can wipe out nests. But poults can fly pretty soon after they hatch, so couldn't they fly to safety from the storms?
From flooding yes, but cold(cool)and heavy rains can do a number on the youngest of poults.

Polish proverb

#3691975 - 06/16/14 05:38 AM Re: I was in Columbia yesterday [Re: 4onaside]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Originally Posted By: 4onaside
I presume that your "perfect weather" has come and gone. Last week or 10 days, West Tennessee, including "my" area along the west bank of the Tennessee river has been one flash flood warning after another. Basically two inches plus of rain each and every day! And I assume that these systems have moved eastward to the remaining parts of the state. But maybe I don't know what "perfect weather" is.

I guess you were unable to comprehend that the date I posted that was prior to the rain events you all suffered. In East TN the weather has been and stayed perfect pretty much all spring up until today.

Maybe you should take all things into consideration before inserting your foot into your mouth and looking like a fool.

#3692126 - 06/16/14 10:30 AM Re: I was in Columbia yesterday [Re: Setterman]
Boll Weevil
8 Point

Loc: Hardeman

content Online
Google "The Wild Turkey: Biology and Management by James G. Dickson" and go to page 138. Some interesting research on poult survival and spring/summer rain that I didn't know before and thought would interest others.

We have certainly had a ton of rain in these parts of late...I sure hope the lil'guys did ok.

#3692305 - 06/16/14 03:16 PM Re: I was in Columbia yesterday [Re: Setterman]
4onaside
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Setterman

I guess you were unable to comprehend that the date I posted that was prior to the rain events you all suffered. In East TN the weather has been and stayed perfect pretty much all spring up until today.

Maybe you should take all things into consideration before inserting your foot into your mouth and looking like a fool.
Maybe you should read my subsequent posts before your usual arrogant name calling. Assuming that you can read, it might do you some good to read what Boll Weevil posted before you once again fall into your usual personal insult mode. Nah, you know everything there is to know about turkey biology. My bad.

Polish proverb

#3692357 - 06/16/14 04:15 PM Re: I was in Columbia yesterday [Re: 4onaside]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Originally Posted By: Setterman

Maybe you should read my subsequent posts before your usual arrogant name calling. Assuming that you can read, it might do you some good to read what Boll Weevil posted before you once again fall into your usual personal insult mode. Nah, you know everything there is to know about turkey biology. My bad.

In simple terms your post was completely unnecessary unless you were looking for a fight. I'm happy to shred you anytime, but this is just idiotic to turn a post about seeing a ton of poults into a war.

Frankly, I'm not going to waste the time.

#3692373 - 06/16/14 04:44 PM Re: I was in Columbia yesterday [Re: Setterman]
4onaside
12 Point

First of all,if you spend as much time as you do on this forum, you have more than enough time to "waste". The adverse young poult rains came, what three days after your post? Like Yogi says, "it ain't over till its over". I read the post after the rains had started, but not that long after you had posted, so it was a different set of circumstances. It really wasn't my intent to pick a fight. But, however knowledgeable a turkey person that you may be, and I don't question that you are, you really need to work on your people skills. If you can't talk in a civil manner to people then shut up!

Polish proverb

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
two1980, Darrenduhl, 2winsrus, jacmac, Smokeymtnbow
13101 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (beachguy, Nealmeally, 8up, Grandslam11, ZachMarkus, DavidP, 12 invisible) and 133 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13101 Members
42 Forums
88817 Topics
1039097 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.279 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.