Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3691792 - 06/15/14 05:13 PM Re: Dove Hunting [Re: stik]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

I took my daughter to a twra kids dove hunt in Lewisburg.. I shot twice and she shot maybe 4 times.. I think I saw about 3 killed all day long.. the other 2 got away..
went to laurel hill twice, more hunters than birds.. did manage to get a few, but so many people there when one came over 5 different people were shooting at it.. it was a foot race to claim the bird..
I went to one staked hunt around williamsport.. must have been 75 people there... everyone drew a number... I saw 1 bird there...
went to a hunt out side of columbia maybe yanalii.. I did see about 3 birds there.. went to fayeteville out on fish ford road?? baked all day there and got 3.. all of these im speaking of were on opening day..

#3728323 - 08/07/14 03:43 PM Re: Dove Hunting [Re: pressfit]
MidTennFisher
4 Point

Loc: Tennessee

That sounds terrible. Why are the TWRA fields so bad? I did a lot of dove hunting with my father as a child but at some point diverged to fishing and never looked back. Now I've recently wanted to get back into hunting. My father and I talked today about going to the TWRA fields in September when dove season opens but he warned me that it can be complete chaos. Too many hunters, too little birds, and the occasional issues with arguing over who shot what bird, people shooting at low birds, etc.

I'll add in my offer as well that I'd gladly pay someone for access to a private hunt and promise to leave the place cleaner than I found it.

#3729180 - 08/08/14 04:45 PM Re: Dove Hunting [Re: MidTennFisher]
rukiddin?
8 Point

Loc: E. Tenn

Just my .02 but I personally think all twra dove fields should be staked and have a quota draw for each field for the opening day shoot. Just like duck blinds or the deer hunts. Those not drawn would be able to wait until limit was reached by drawn participant or be on first come/first serve basis for no shows.

The twra fields are a joke.......no scratch that, they are a circus. How anyone could get enjoyment out that experience is beyond me. I'm not blaming the twra, I'm blaming the idiots that ruin them for others.......

"I'm gone to carolina in my mind"

#3729258 - 08/08/14 06:41 PM Re: Dove Hunting [Re: rukiddin?]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

Loc: on the wings of a snow white d...

Originally Posted By: rukiddin?
Just my .02 but I personally think all twra dove fields should be staked and have a quota draw for each field for the opening day shoot. Just like duck blinds or the deer hunts. Those not drawn would be able to wait until limit was reached by drawn participant or be on first come/first serve basis for no shows.

The twra fields are a joke.......no scratch that, they are a circus. How anyone could get enjoyment out that experience is beyond me. I'm not blaming the twra, I'm blaming the idiots that ruin them for others.......

TWRA should never least/rent/have dove hunts if there are no birds, all hunters should be at least 80 yards apart from each other

limit the number of hunters per field

Living somewhere between this world and the other, Legends of the Fall

#3731152 - 08/11/14 11:50 AM Re: Dove Hunting [Re: stik]
giantbabyfern
Button

Loc: Wichita KS

Originally Posted By: stik
 Originally Posted By: pressfit
dont go to a twra field... no doves.. and way too many hunters...

i guess it depends on where you go. we have several good fields up this way every year.

I'm new to the state and was thinking of going to some of the twra fields since I don't know anyone out here (tri-cities area), but haven't heard many good things about them. Any chance you wouldn't mind letting me know which fields you have had better luck at? A pm would be great if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!

#3731172 - 08/11/14 12:22 PM Re: Dove Hunting [Re: giantbabyfern]
tn_duckman
4 Point

Loc: johnson city, tn

I know about all the places around the tri cities shoot me a pm
#3732623 - 08/13/14 05:17 AM Re: Dove Hunting [Re: giantbabyfern]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: giantbabyfern
 Originally Posted By: stik
 Originally Posted By: pressfit
dont go to a twra field... no doves.. and way too many hunters...

i guess it depends on where you go. we have several good fields up this way every year.

I'm new to the state and was thinking of going to some of the twra fields since I don't know anyone out here (tri-cities area), but haven't heard many good things about them. Any chance you wouldn't mind letting me know which fields you have had better luck at? A pm would be great if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!

there are usually several fields in the philadelphia(loudon co) area

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3732662 - 08/13/14 06:33 AM Re: Dove Hunting [Re: stik]
Jay777
Button

Loc: Hermitage, Tn

I've only missed one opening day in 17 years. I've spent a lot of those days on wma's with some good ones and mostly bad ones, but its always a good time. I've been searching for a pay to hunt field this year in middle tn. It seems like its mostly word of mouth and flyers. If anyone wants to message me, my dad and I would much appreciate it!
Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Taylor, CBU93, TurkeyBurd, Bobby G, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bmobrady3, bmo3, chrislee, Patriot123, DT33
13565 Registered Users
Who's Online
12 registered (Paul Burns, stylishblueticks, ssurles268, FrontierGander, Eric Kilby, chris1976, 1 invisible) and 48 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13565 Members
43 Forums
99608 Topics
1171907 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.