Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3682448 - 06/02/14 10:04 PM Hinge Shooters: Click or No Click
UTGrad
16 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

I flipped the moon on my Longhorn to the smooth edge...no click. I probably should have done this a year ago. For me the click was good tool learning the release and travel settings. I was shooting my Exxus well recently (obviously no click) so I took the click out of the Longhorn and set the travel a little colder than before. I really like it. How about it fellas...click or no click?
#3682489 - 06/03/14 12:26 AM Re: Hinge Shooters: Click or No Click [Re: UTGrad]
reloadxx
8 Point

Loc: Monroe TN

No click for me. If I hear that click I jerk so hard that I pull the shot everytime. First time I heard that click I was at Bentons and Jeff witnessed me shooting the floor because it scared the crap out of me

#3682493 - 06/03/14 12:46 AM Re: Hinge Shooters: Click or No Click [Re: reloadxx]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

I've shot with both. I shoot with one now. But I use it for a consistency crutch. Shooting in the yard is different than being on the stake at a national level tournament. The nerves and tension is not found while shooting in the yard...so it's easy to relax and let the shot happen. At a big shoot, I am revved up and very tense. If I don't be careful, I will start to alter my form and everything by just being tense. Where the click comes in for me is that I've noticed with extra nerves and tension, I will get into the release a bit different and one of two things happen: I will either freeze up and not be able to pull through the shot. Or I will be so tense that I start drawing the release with more pressure on my other fingers and then have a premature release about the time I hit anchor. Without the click...This happened a lot. With the click...I know where I'm at. If it clicks too soon I can let down and get in the grip right. Otherwise, I will pull to the click after I hit anchor...but before I start the shot sequence. So there isn't any jumping when it goes off. I see a lot of guys start aiming then hit the click and it scares them and they start the shoot process all over again. I do it before I start aiming that way I know I have 10 or 6 thousandths between where I am and the bow firing. I still don't know when it's gonna go but it's a good crutch for high pressure situations for me right now.
#3682668 - 06/03/14 09:56 AM Re: Hinge Shooters: Click or No Click [Re: Crow Terminator]
bowhunter163
10 Point

Loc: knoxville,tn

^^^^* click for me as well . And like Crow it is part of my shot process .
I draw and come to anchor, I relax my release hand untill it comes to the click . Then I start looking at my intended target . I expand in the shot untill it fires while staring where I want to hit .

It really helps alot to keep your shot process the same , especially like Crow said in high pressure situations . Also it helps me when on unlevel terrain like uphill or downhill shots , it reassures me that my form and everything is correct during my process . So for me the click is needed when I'm shooting shots that aren't normal like out of a stand , uneven footing , uphill , downhill , etc.... It helps me alot .

Indoor I do not use a click because there aren't any of those crazy terrain changes .

Edited by bowhunter163 (06/03/14 09:57 AM)
865-922-5456

#3682677 - 06/03/14 10:14 AM Re: Hinge Shooters: Click or No Click [Re: bowhunter163]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

Loc: Mid-TN

I have shot with and without the click and now prefer no click! It takes considerable training and conditioning to shoot the click properly and not behave like Pavlov's dog!

When I did shoot a click, I would draw the bow and immeadiately go to the click AND ONLY then would I begin my aiming process! All clicks are not created equal such as the offerings from Stan that has a .06 and a .10 clicks for a variance in speed.

In my release pouch I sometimes have 2 identical releases set differently so that I my brain doesn't become lazy. At times I have had one release set with a click and another without the click.

I see great shots shoot with a click and without it! I'm a no click kind of guy!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
11 registered (OldFart, Tar12, gtk, jumpmaster21, ChadG, rem270, 1 invisible) and 100 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.005 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.