Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3668121 - 05/11/14 09:06 PM Spur necklace question
Lungbuster84
Button

Loc: Tn

I'm wanting to make a necklace with my spurs that I can wear but don't know what to use or where to get it. Any info is appreciated
#3668152 - 05/11/14 09:29 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Lungbuster84]
mountain man 71
10 Point

Loc: Talbott Tn.

I made one just used a leather shoe string and got some wood beads at walmart to put in between each one.
#3668207 - 05/12/14 04:10 AM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: mountain man 71]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

No offense but don't wear spurs you'll look ridiculous. Now if you you don't care use a piece of leather and take a dremmel to polish up the leg bone everywhere except the actual spur. Use clear lacquer on it to shine them up

That's the way I've seen a select few wearing their spurs like jewelry. IMO it's not a good look but to each their own

#3668240 - 05/12/14 06:34 AM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Setterman]
mountain man 71
10 Point

Loc: Talbott Tn.

The one I made is on a 8 point I have mounted don't think I would were it. I have seen some made with just one spur that looked good.
#3668286 - 05/12/14 07:57 AM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: mountain man 71]
Roost 1
10 Point

Loc: KY

content Online
I think, if worn, they look best on the brim of a hat...just my opinion. Posers wear them around their neck.... \:D

Edited by Roost 1 (05/12/14 07:57 AM)

Z7extreme
Savage 10ML 2
Remington 700P .308

#3668300 - 05/12/14 08:10 AM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Roost 1]
Setterman
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Roost 1
I think, if worn, they look best on the brim of a hat...just my opinion. Posers wear them around their neck.... \:D

Yep. I'm sure a lot like me would look like a voodoo witch doctor with spurs looped all over our bodies. Heck I'd probably trip and fall over one of the strings \:D

#3668376 - 05/12/14 09:58 AM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Setterman]
Roost 1
10 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Setterman

Yep. I'm sure a lot like me would look like a voodoo witch doctor with spurs looped all over our bodies. Heck I'd probably trip and fall over one of the strings \:D

That comment is worthless without pics...Your only 38yrs old you cant have too many unless you admit to big time poaching....just wondering.

Z7extreme
Savage 10ML 2
Remington 700P .308

#3668626 - 05/12/14 03:26 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Roost 1]
Huntaholic
8 Point

Loc: Baxter, TN. U.S.A.

That comment is worthless without pics...Your only 38yrs old you cant have too many unless you admit to big time poaching....just wondering.

:D:D:D Thats a BURN if Ive ever seen one! Sounds like a call out to me setterman, post up some pics of all those spurs!

#3668646 - 05/12/14 03:48 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Huntaholic]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

I don't know the guy but when you hunt 4 states a year killing 10+ yearly it will add up pretty dad gone fast
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#3668668 - 05/12/14 04:09 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Rockhound]
Setterman
8 Point

Geez I already did a few weeks ago. Go look at my past posts it was in a thread about spur size
#3668738 - 05/12/14 05:34 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Setterman]
Lungbuster84
Button

Well I can assure everyone I'm not a poser. I haven't killed near as many as most people on here but I hunt hard every year. I was just askin what to use for a necklace. I guess I'll just hang it up when I make it now
#3668770 - 05/12/14 06:21 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Lungbuster84]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Lungbuster84
Well I can assure everyone I'm not a poser. I haven't killed near as many as most people on here but I hunt hard every year. I was just askin what to use for a necklace. I guess I'll just hang it up when I make it now

If you want a spur necklace I would ask a member on here. His name is spurnecklace. He has one and it was pretty cool. He could tell you what he used.
If you want one then by God make you one.

Your spurs your neck, enjoy both.

Congrats on killing enough to make one in the first place !!!

#3668795 - 05/12/14 07:02 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: RUGER]
Roost 1
10 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: RUGER
 Originally Posted By: Lungbuster84

If you want a spur necklace I would ask a member on here. His name is spurnecklace. He has one and it was pretty cool. He could tell you what he used.
If you want one then by God make you one.

Your spurs your neck, enjoy both.

Congrats on killing enough to make one in the first place !!!

X2

Z7extreme
Savage 10ML 2
Remington 700P .308

#3668799 - 05/12/14 07:08 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: RUGER]
Huntaholic
8 Point

Loc: Baxter, TN. U.S.A.

Ok, time to get serious here for a minute. IMHO, 1 or a set of 2 GOOD spurs on leather would be a good look if you can pull it off. Im kinda on the fence about the hatbands made out of spurs. Personally, I cut a leather bootlace about 30" long and string em up that way. The spurs to me are the best, most memory inducing part. I can look back through those strings of spurs and you would be surprised how many of them I can tell you every detail of the hunt. Out of 30 years of chasing these things, Im pretty sure Ive got every set Ive ever killed, including the jakes.

#3668808 - 05/12/14 07:26 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Huntaholic]
Lungbuster84
Button

Well I haven't killed one of them with huge spurs but I'm still proud of my 2 and 3 year old birds just the same. I just wanted to do somethin different with these from this year. First time I've ever tagged out so I just wanted them all together and I can always look back and remember this season. I'm real big on sentimental value and I love lookin at my beards and spurs, even though I don't have that many yet.
#3668812 - 05/12/14 07:30 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Roost 1]
Setterman
8 Point

Here is a pic of one of my spur strings, I have two more in addition to that one.....anymore freaking questions?

I've averaged killing 11 birds a year since the late 90's and killed plenty before that starting around 91

And you want to blindly throw out the poaching label however never taking into consideration that not everyone hunts only one state. I usually hunt 4 states at a minimum and sometimes hunt 5 or 6. For instance....this year I killed 4 in Bama, 3 in GA, 2 in KY, 4 in TN, and 2 in VA.

Any other comments, accusations, or questions?

Edited by Setterman (05/12/14 07:32 PM)

#3668828 - 05/12/14 07:39 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Setterman]
duckriver
10 Point

Loc: River Bottom

content Online
Setterman that's pretty cool right there

#3668837 - 05/12/14 07:46 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: duckriver]
Roost 1
10 Point

content Online
Nice string.... I did not accuse anyone of poaching...
It just seems to me you have done as much in 38yrs as someone twice your age... Now could we see pics of those big bucks you kill each year..
Thanks, no offense intended, just wanted to see some proof.
Honestly I have always enjoyed reading your posts and was somewhat dis-appointed to hear your age... But hey, looks like you are the real deal!!!!!

Z7extreme
Savage 10ML 2
Remington 700P .308

#3668850 - 05/12/14 07:54 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Roost 1]
Lungbuster84
Button

That is pretty cool. I can only imagine killin that many
#3668851 - 05/12/14 07:54 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Roost 1]
Setterman
8 Point

It just seems to me you have done as much in 38yrs as someone twice your age... Now could we see pics of those big bucks you kill each year..
Honestly I have always enjoyed reading your posts and was somewhat dis-appointed to hear your age... But hey, looks like you are the real deal!!!!!

I don't have any pics of any of my deer handy. I'm currently on the road for work, but will post some when I get home. Just remind me on Thursday or Friday, because I will forget.

I've been very fortunate in my short life and have been blessed with many a willing gobbler over the years. I also hunt extremely hard, and was blessed to cut my teeth on places with lots of birds which helped a great deal.

#3668875 - 05/12/14 08:13 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Setterman]
Roost 1
10 Point

content Online

I don't have any pics of any of my deer handy. I'm currently on the road for work, but will post some when I get home. Just remind me on Thursday or Friday, because I will forget.

I've been very fortunate in my short life and have been blessed with many a willing gobbler over the years. I also hunt extremely hard, and was blessed to cut my teeth on places with lots of birds which helped a great deal.

10-4... I hope there are no hard feelings.

Z7extreme
Savage 10ML 2
Remington 700P .308

#3668880 - 05/12/14 08:17 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Roost 1]
Setterman
8 Point

10-4... I hope there are no hard feelings.

Ha, not even a little, it's all good in my book.

#3668890 - 05/12/14 08:28 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Setterman]
YEKRUT
6 Point

Loc: Down South

I just want to finally kill one so I can hang them from my truck mirror. After I kill one I'm going to get a "spur life" sticker to go next to my bone collector sticker that is beside my solocam logo that is just above my browning sticker on my back window. I'm also thinking about getting a set of those truck nuts to hang on my hitch next to my DU bumper sticker.

#3668894 - 05/12/14 08:38 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: YEKRUT]
Setterman
8 Point

Originally Posted By: YEKRUT
I just want to finally kill one so I can hang them from my truck mirror. After I kill one I'm going to get a "spur life" sticker to go next to my bone collector sticker that is beside my solocam logo that is just above my browning sticker on my back window. I'm also thinking about getting a set of those truck nuts to hang on my hitch next to my DU bumper sticker.

Lol, you're forgetting the 200" whitetail skull sticker

#3668903 - 05/12/14 08:50 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: Setterman]
Roost 1
10 Point

content Online
Yeti sticker too

Z7extreme
Savage 10ML 2
Remington 700P .308

#3668911 - 05/12/14 08:56 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: YEKRUT]
SEC
6 Point

Loc: TN

I am terribly sorry Setterman those spurs do not impress me much no matter how many times you post pictures of them. The animal itself has a brain the size of a lima bean. Hell catman posted a picture of one fighting his own reflection in a cars bumber the other day. So you burn 100s of gallons of gas and spend 1000s of dollars on out of state licenses every year only to post on this website as if your some kinda turkey whisperer. And I think its funny that you always say the turkeys your hunting are tougher than the turkeys that everyone else is hunting.
#3668938 - 05/12/14 09:35 PM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: SEC]
YEKRUT
6 Point

Loc: Down South

I've got 2 bags of popcorn in the microwave. Can someone bring me a beer?

#3668985 - 05/13/14 04:31 AM Re: Spur necklace question [Re: SEC]
Setterman
8 Point

Originally Posted By: SEC
I am terribly sorry Setterman those spurs do not impress me much no matter how many times you post pictures of them. The animal itself has a brain the size of a lima bean. Hell catman posted a picture of one fighting his own reflection in a cars bumber the other day. So you burn 100s of gallons of gas and spend 1000s of dollars on out of state licenses every year only to post on this website as if your some kinda turkey whisperer. And I think its funny that you always say the turkeys your hunting are tougher than the turkeys that everyone else is hunting.

I wasn't trying to impress you as my post was in response to Roost1 asking for proof which I provided. Now you're in here acting like a jealous @itch.

So you question their intelligence or lack thereof? I guess that means every poster here who's had success this year and past years really didn't accomplish much because their brains are walnut sized? I'm sure this will be welcome news to the rest of the turkey hunters. Another genius statement from you

So what I hunt in many different states? I enjoy turkey hunting, I didn't realize it was taboo to travel and hunt. Once again a genius statement by you

Please please please show an example of me claiming the turkeys I hunt are harder than anyone else hunts. I beg you to not vanish but provide this proof. Good luck because it doesn't exist. This statement is not only dumb but also just contrived bs to make you feel better about yourself

If you want to come at me, at least have a decent set of facts or discussion points. If not I'm going to make you look like the jealous fool you are.

This is why I don't post many pics. There's always some idiot who can't handle it. Congrats SEC you're king of the dipsh*ts for the day

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Jgard, JD1278, BGB, Mopartech, Skeeter1
13524 Registered Users
Who's Online
78 registered (Prowler, memfuzz, ilovemuzzleloaders, TNRifleman, RKenney, longnosedoe, 8 invisible) and 190 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13524 Members
42 Forums
98862 Topics
1161848 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.