Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3666506 - 05/09/14 01:08 PM Re: Faked Trophy Kills in Hunting Industry [Re: catman529]
Snake
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

Most of the so called pro hunters have made hunting their career and have took the chance of failing at making a living doing so but given the money , places to hunt , time to do so I do believe a lot of hunters on this site could do what they do . Now most of us can't take the chance of failing because of our loved ones who depend upon us for support so we don't have the gonads to take that plunge . Watch most of the videos and tell me you couldn't kill the deer they are killing if you was put in a spot with a guide knowing your chances are real high at getting a shot at a bruiser they have been watching and growing for their clients . Now I edited this post for one reason and that is this , don't think I was including me when I said some on this site because I would probably get buck fever and miss my chance at some of the big bucks they get to hunt

Edited by Snake (05/09/14 01:14 PM)

#3666519 - 05/09/14 01:16 PM Re: Faked Trophy Kills in Hunting Industry [Re: Snake]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

im not nor would i be embarrassed about any animal i shot if i was i wouldn't shoot it

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3666576 - 05/09/14 02:12 PM Re: Faked Trophy Kills in Hunting Industry [Re: Deer Assassin]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

content Online
interesting what is sad is if a lot of the "pro" hunters actually got investigated a little there is no telling what kind of crap they do. ive never heard of him either. sad imo money corrupts people see it everyday.

#3667453 - 05/10/14 08:46 PM Re: Faked Trophy Kills in Hunting Industry [Re: catman529]
Hollar Hunter
8 Point

Loc: TN

I've seen a video faked

Spend your time where you get the most return on it...

#3667693 - 05/11/14 09:36 AM Re: Faked Trophy Kills in Hunting Industry [Re: catman529]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

content Online
i bet there is some tagging law violated during his scam.

#3668427 - 05/12/14 10:45 AM Re: Faked Trophy Kills in Hunting Industry [Re: catman529]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

What seems strange to me is that he's being accused of swapping the rack from a "found" skull onto a freshly killed buck that he has pictures of just after being shot. Is that feasible that a taxidermist could slap a set of antlers on a buck that fast and make it look natural enough for photographing? It would be akward to do this with a buck that had just been field-dressed and no other processing because you wouldn't be working with a form held on a bench but the entire animal whcih is heavy and trying to fall over as you work on it. I admit the antlers do look the same but it seems a stretch to think he put them on a freshly shot buck........
#3668444 - 05/12/14 11:09 AM Re: Faked Trophy Kills in Hunting Industry [Re: Hunter 257W]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
What seems strange to me is that he's being accused of swapping the rack from a "found" skull onto a freshly killed buck that he has pictures of just after being shot. Is that feasible that a taxidermist could slap a set of antlers on a buck that fast and make it look natural enough for photographing? It would be akward to do this with a buck that had just been field-dressed and no other processing because you wouldn't be working with a form held on a bench but the entire animal whcih is heavy and trying to fall over as you work on it. I admit the antlers do look the same but it seems a stretch to think he put them on a freshly shot buck........

Maybe he had a full body mount already to go. Threw some antlers on it, snapped a pic, then removed the antlers for scoring.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3668642 - 05/12/14 03:45 PM Re: Faked Trophy Kills in Hunting Industry [Re: Poser]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W

Maybe he had a full body mount already to go. Threw some antlers on it, snapped a pic, then removed the antlers for scoring.

Yeah, I thought of that after writing the above post. With the amount of money that can potentially be gained gets high enough, there is always a motive for going to extreme efforts to commit fraud. Having that huge set of antlers from a "found" skull could get a hunter to thinking about how he could get credit for shooting such a buck. Having kill pictures of the deer with antlers intact is the perfect "alibi". If he did that, he's one resourceful crooked hunter. \:\)

#3668762 - 05/12/14 06:14 PM Re: Faked Trophy Kills in Hunting Industry [Re: Deer Assassin]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

You always hear the pro's saying they couldn't take a shot because the camera didn't have enough light. However, I am not sure I can recall a big deer being killed without video of that deer on camera beforehand. And I am not sure a pro at that level would ever get into a stand without a camera rolling, that's his livelihood.

So, there must be no video or even trailcam pics of this deer and then magically it shows up dead and BTW there's a found rack he purchased that looks amazingly similar. Money and greed.

#3669089 - 05/13/14 08:07 AM Re: Faked Trophy Kills in Hunting Industry [Re: woodsman87]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: woodsman87
...But I am happy where I am at, where a nice 2.5 year old basket rack 8 point is hard to come by.

...Sorry for the rant, but I hate the TV hunting industry.

Ditto on both of those comments.

I've taken a lot of heat over the years for saying it, but I'll say it again: TV hunting shows are the worst thing to happen to deer hunting in a very long time. And I'll take even more heat for saying this: I find the current rapidly growing trend towards filming hunts to be a deeply disturbing attempt to emulate TV hunting shows and the dubious "fame" of their "stars."

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (260rem, Remington742, GreatWhiteHunter, KillenTime, 8kler, buckaroo, 8 invisible) and 127 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93195 Topics
1088511 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.115 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.