Tndeer Logo

Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3662689 - 05/04/14 10:18 PM Tennessee Hogs
FlintvilleMonster
Spike

Loc: Lincoln Co. Tennessee

Where can you hunt hogs in Tennessee? Always wanted to try it but don't know nothing about it!
#3662820 - 05/05/14 07:41 AM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: FlintvilleMonster]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

http://www.tn.gov/twra/wildhogs.shtml
Hogs were given a unique status several years ago. Your best bet is to find a land owner that needs to get rid of some hogs.
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3676797 - 05/23/14 10:28 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: WestTn Huntin'man]
TNGrizzly
Spike

Loc: TN Scott co.

I just got a tip on where some are around my area in scott co TN. Had a twra stop and talk to me today and he told me they caught about 100 of them last year. I told him I saw all the traps but never saw any when I was around, he told me they are over run with them now.

Come up here during deer season and lets hunt them, I cant get anybody to go with me after them. I am located 1 hr above knoxville TN on i75 north.

#3677489 - 05/25/14 03:15 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: TNGrizzly]
fredfred
8 Point

Loc: crossville, tn

Originally Posted By: TNGrizzly
I just got a tip on where some are around my area in scott co TN. Had a twra stop and talk to me today and he told me they caught about 100 of them last year. I told him I saw all the traps but never saw any when I was around, he told me they are over run with them now.

Come up here during deer season and lets hunt them, I cant get anybody to go with me after them. I am located 1 hr above knoxville TN on i75 north.

LoL you guys better read the rules before you get too carried away. Hogs are a rare over protected species that are listed as a unprotected species. Kind of an oxymoron

Democrats and liberals have turned our country into a bunch of SISSYS

#3677761 - 05/26/14 08:41 AM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: fredfred]
TNGrizzly
Spike

LoL you guys better read the rules before you get too carried away. Hogs are a rare over protected species that are listed as a unprotected species. Kind of an oxymoron [/quote]

explain please? from what I understand is. That you can hunt them during any hunting season as long as you use the right hunting device for that season. If I am wrong please correct me on this.

#3677823 - 05/26/14 11:34 AM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: TNGrizzly]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

explain please? from what I understand is. That you can hunt them during any hunting season as long as you use the right hunting device for that season. If I am wrong please correct me on this.

you are wrong.

http://www.eregulations.com/tennessee/12tnhd/hog-regulations/

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3677852 - 05/26/14 12:43 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: stik]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

Originally Posted By: stik

you are wrong.

http://www.eregulations.com/tennessee/12tnhd/hog-regulations/
It amazes me at the number of folks who hunt but dont take the time to glance over the hunting regs. This isnt nothing new. Been this way for 2-3 yrs if im not mistaken.

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3677955 - 05/26/14 06:11 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: cecil30-30]
TNGrizzly
Spike

straight out of the rule book,plus this is the same thing that the TWRA guy told me.
In Region IV, wild hogs may be taken on any big game hunt on the North Cherokee; any deer or turkey hunt on Kyker Bottoms Refuge; and on any hunt, small game or big game, on the Foothills WMA and the entire North Cumberland WMA.

On the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, wild hogs may be taken with a special permit during any deer hunts and by small game hunters after the deer season.

But I just talk to another TWRA official and he saying what you two are. So I just wont hunt them to be on the safe side.

Edited by TNGrizzly (05/26/14 07:56 PM)

#3678174 - 05/27/14 06:29 AM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: TNGrizzly]
fredfred
8 Point

Loc: crossville, tn

TNGrizzly just do as the rule book states and you'll be fine. Asking officers will get you several different answers a lot of times.

Democrats and liberals have turned our country into a bunch of SISSYS

#3690829 - 06/13/14 06:05 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: fredfred]
PillsburyDoughboy
4 Point

Loc: Tn

If the plan was to erratic ate hogs from TN I have always thought TWRA should institute a bounty on Hogs. Say $15 a head for everyone brought in. Hunter would get to keep the meat.

Up the fines for anyone bringing in wild hog to Tn to raise them or release them to the point where its expensive and you lose your hunting rights for life.

That would cure the hog problem pretty quick. But I frankly don't think hogs are that big of a problem in TN because I can find no one that has hogs that wants them hunted or eradicated.

#3697915 - 06/25/14 02:16 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: PillsburyDoughboy]
Jmed
4 Point

Loc: Ooltewah

Originally Posted By: PillsburyDoughboy
If the plan was to erratic ate hogs from TN I have always thought TWRA should institute a bounty on Hogs. Say $15 a head for everyone brought in. Hunter would get to keep the meat.

Up the fines for anyone bringing in wild hog to Tn to raise them or release them to the point where its expensive and you lose your hunting rights for life.

That would cure the hog problem pretty quick. But I frankly don't think hogs are that big of a problem in TN because I can find no one that has hogs that wants them hunted or eradicated.

I gave up a lease in Marion Co. Because hogs ruined the deer hunting. I got sick of shooting them. They will destroy a place and the deer hate em

#3698032 - 06/25/14 06:00 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: PillsburyDoughboy]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: PillsburyDoughboy

For the most part, they only exists in small pockets of the state. In those areas, they can be abundant. Either you have a problem or you have no hogs.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3698541 - 06/26/14 01:33 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: Poser]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

content Online
Killing piggies is like killing ants on your kitchen counter top.

You'll find them in your cereal, in your sugar bowl, everyplace if you let them go. You need to kill them all. No mercy. Traps, bait, anything to kill them all.

I'd like to see TWRA check in to what ever they did on Catalina Island to get rid of the piggies. I know sport hunting didn't even dent the population.

#3698759 - 06/26/14 08:51 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: DaveB]
Cowman71
Spike

Loc: McMinn county, Tn

Hogs are in the corn and wheat here in McMinn and Monroe counties. Been keeping me and my partners busy this past week.
#3717820 - 07/24/14 08:00 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: PillsburyDoughboy]
tn gunman
4 Point

Loc: Middle Tn Humphreys Co

The Cherokee National Forrest is not governed by the TWRA, its governed by the USDA and follows a different set of regulations concerning hog hunting on I think you should do more research.
#3723332 - 08/01/14 08:57 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: tn gunman]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: tn gunman
The Cherokee National Forrest is not governed by the TWRA, its governed by the USDA and follows a different set of regulations concerning hog hunting on I think you should do more research.

CNF is managed as a WMA by TWRA.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3729352 - 08/08/14 08:14 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: stik]
ROVERBOY
4 Point

Loc: clay

content Online
There's hogs in some areas in Clay County but, they're not really widespread yet. They've been around Dale Hollow for a long time. There's some in the Brimstone Creek area too. A friend got some on trail cam last year but, hasn't got any on his cam in a long time. They probably move around a lot.

#3732374 - 08/12/14 05:26 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: PillsburyDoughboy]
SloaneRanger
Spike

Loc: Knoxville, TN

.."In Region IV, wild hogs may be taken on any big game hunt on the North Cherokee; any deer or turkey hunt on Kyker Bottoms Refuge; and on any hunt, small game or big game, on the Foothills WMA and the entire North Cumberland WMA"...

and for N Cumberland WMA....

.."Wild hogs may be taken during any hunt with
hunting devices legal for that hunt"...p67

http://www.tn.gov/twra/pdfs/wmaseasons.pdf

I read this to mean CF rifle OK during Firearms Deer Season, ML during ML deer season Archery during Archery Deer and Turkey and Rimfire during SG season..No?!..

BTW..looking for a hunting buddy for N Cumberland..my last hunting buddy moved back to N Dakota!..

#3743206 - 08/24/14 07:59 PM Re: Tennessee Hogs [Re: SloaneRanger]
TNGrizzly
Spike

Hey SloaneRanger, we can get together for a few hunts. I been hunting this area for 10+ years now.
Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
115 registered (soshock1, fullstream, Dale3, tn droptine, in the dog house!, volunteer1, 15 invisible) and 141 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
94067 Topics
1098938 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.134 seconds in which 0.012 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.