14 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery lol
#3666751 - 05/09/14 06:46 PM Re: Wanting a new bow... [Re: UTGrad]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

content Online
I got you Crow. You should know me enough on here by now that I'm love to Crack jokes. Didn't know you didn't Bow hunt anymore though. Never seen anybody that is into 3D as much as you are that throw up the scores you do and don't bowhunt .
#3666778 - 05/09/14 07:15 PM Re: Wanting a new bow... [Re: Poleaxe]
bowhunter163
8 Point

Loc: knoxville,tn

I have to admit , if the 3-d season lasted all year it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit . Crow , we gotta get you shooting field archery . Now that's alot of fun , and you get to shoot more .
865-922-5456

#3666789 - 05/09/14 07:29 PM Re: Wanting a new bow... [Re: Poleaxe]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

I still hunt; I'm just not as gunho about it as I use to be. I just enjoy shooting the bow and the competition side of archery more than anything else. There was a time when there was no adrenalin rush that even came close to shooting a deer with a bow. Then that just faded away for me, and started going less and less, until I found myself not going at all and not even missing it. In the last little bit, I have taken a liking to blackpowder hunting. But during the fall when bow season is in full swing...I have found that the crappie are stacking up and feeding like crazy and the lakes are basically deserted of pleasure riders and other boats. I would rather have a meal of crappie than a deer ANY DAY of the week \:\)

Now days...I get that adrenalin rush when I go to an ASA Pro/Am or other big shoots. There's just something electric in the atmosphere of those things; seeing all the people with their bows and knowing that a lot of them are the cream of the crop in the area they live on the local ranges. I love those jitters just before the call to "shoot 'em up". If there were other venues of target archery locally, I would probably be into those too. But 3D archery is about all there is.

#3671975 - 05/16/14 08:01 PM Re: Wanting a new bow... [Re: Crow Terminator]
Radar
Non-Typical

Loc: Kansas City, Mo.

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator
I still hunt; I'm just not as gunho about it as I use to be. I just enjoy shooting the bow and the competition side of archery more than anything else. There was a time when there was no adrenalin rush that even came close to shooting a deer with a bow. Then that just faded away for me, and started going less and less, until I found myself not going at all and not even missing it. In the last little bit, I have taken a liking to blackpowder hunting. But during the fall when bow season is in full swing...I have found that the crappie are stacking up and feeding like crazy and the lakes are basically deserted of pleasure riders and other boats. I would rather have a meal of crappie than a deer ANY DAY of the week \:\)

Now days...I get that adrenalin rush when I go to an ASA Pro/Am or other big shoots. There's just something electric in the atmosphere of those things; seeing all the people with their bows and knowing that a lot of them are the cream of the crop in the area they live on the local ranges. I love those jitters just before the call to "shoot 'em up". If there were other venues of target archery locally, I would probably be into those too. But 3D archery is about all there is.

I'm the complete opposite . Competitive archery has no appeal to me , but I will never lose the adrenaline rush of having a trophy buck in bow range . Been doing it since 1980 and still get that rush . Foam doesn't do that for me .

#3672106 - 05/16/14 11:23 PM Re: Wanting a new bow... [Re: Radar]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Just shooting foam doesn't do anything for me either. But its not the foam that makes it exciting for me. Its being competitive that does it. Especially at the national level shoots. You go to them knowing you are up against the best of the best. That's an excitement to me right now, that cannot be duplicated. Especially when you are successful at it. I never have favored deer meat anyway and once I REALLY think on hunting and get to the bottom of things...it was only the competition side of it that I liked anyway. I never liked the killing and I don't like the meat. But I liked being able to say I killed the most or that I killed the biggest during the season, etc. I guess I'm just a competitive person like that.

Tournaments give me something that I can really compete in, with the bonus to it being that I can make a little extra money doing it. I always have a place to go shoot...unlike hunting, which finding good places to go is extremely hard now days unless you own some good land or travel/spend a lot of money.

#3672112 - 05/17/14 12:03 AM Re: Wanting a new bow... [Re: Crow Terminator]
UTGrad
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator
I never liked the killing and I don't like the meat. But I liked being able to say I killed the most or that I killed the biggest during the season, etc.

Wow Crow...let those deep thoughts come right out lol

#3672114 - 05/17/14 12:18 AM Re: Wanting a new bow... [Re: UTGrad]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

LOL hey I'm just being honest. At work, it was a big thing for such contests. Especially if you killed the most AND the biggest during the same season. I gave 95% of the deer away to either people that wanted them or HFTH because I didn't want 'em.
#3674061 - 05/20/14 07:05 AM Re: Wanting a new bow... [Re: Crow Terminator]
Radar
Non-Typical

Loc: Kansas City, Mo.

I never got into the killed the most , or killed the biggest buck . For me , it's a solo challenge of trying to outwit a buck , or just trying to get within bow range of deer on a consistent basis . I enjoy well prepared venison as well , so that's the icing on the cake for me .
Hunting is a way to get away and relax . It's my kind of therapy . I don't need to kill something to have an enjoyable hunt .

#3674203 - 05/20/14 10:28 AM Re: Wanting a new bow... [Re: Radar]
UTGrad
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Radar
I never got into the killed the most , or killed the biggest buck . For me , it's a solo challenge of trying to outwit a buck , or just trying to get within bow range of deer on a consistent basis . I enjoy well prepared venison as well , so that's the icing on the cake for me .
Hunting is a way to get away and relax . It's my kind of therapy . I don't need to kill something to have an enjoyable hunt .

I agree 100%...I don't base enjoying a hunt on whether I kill something or what other people might think of me lol

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (duckriver, Buckblaster, griz01, RobbyW, Tims, MidTN, 17 invisible) and 156 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91769 Topics
1072467 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.133 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.