Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3651527 - 04/21/14 04:03 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Look at the risks of a oil pipeline spill and a rail spill.

Funny thing is ALL the pipeline jobs would have been union jobs.

#3651608 - 04/21/14 06:19 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Big Ben]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: Big Ben
 Originally Posted By: dr
Maybe the oil company should have offered 21 mil.

Most oil exec. are conservative, and won't pay bribes like democrats- unions do...

If you truly believe that I got some nice ocean front property in Tennessee you may be interested in buying.

Not interested, but I bet you could sell it to plenty odingo voters-union thugs.

#3652293 - 04/22/14 11:03 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: dr]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

I posted the below on another thread in the "general" forum, but it may be more fitting here.

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
Quite profound, coming from a Union boss . . . . .

“Once again, the administration is making a political calculation instead of doing what is right for the country. This certainly is no example of profiles in courage. It’s clear the administration needs to grow a set of antlers, or perhaps take a lesson from Popeye and eat some spinach.”

I predict Obama will "approve" the Keystone pipeline about 2 weeks prior to the mid-term elections of early November 2014. It is a political calculation attempt to appease one group of his supporters with the delay, while the final approval in October 2014 will appease that other group of his supporters who are the big labor unions and the union members who vote as they are told by the union leaders.

Meanwhile, Obama doesn't lose any more votes for the democratic party, as all those who are, or are not, voting "democrat" already, will not be any further effected by his political bickerings related to Keystone. And the final outcome may be that when Keystone is FINALLY "approved", it will simply be too late, and it is never completed. Then Obama can still claim he "approved" it during his Presidency on one hand, while claiming to others he "prevented" Keystone from happening.
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat

#3652312 - 04/22/14 11:15 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Wes Parrish]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Truth is, the Keystone pipeline has been "dead" ever since Obama was elected President in 2008.

Here's an older thread from this very forum shedding more light on the killing of Keystone . . . . . . .

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3593964&page=0&fpart=1

With the Canada-to-Texas Keystone XL pipeline stuck in limbo on the U.S. side, Canada’s Energy Board recently gave a thumbs up to a $6.5 billion pipeline designed to carry 525,000 barrels of oil per day from the oil sands of Alberta to ships on the British Columbia coast. The final destination is most likely Asia.

The U.S. State Department received the Keystone application in September of 2008. The 1,700-mile project was projected to create thousands of jobs and lessen the need for OPEC oil. Even with domestic production booming, the U.S. still imports about half the crude it uses.

Too late now. Game over. Asia wins. America loses.

#3652319 - 04/22/14 11:24 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Wes Parrish]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Why would any of the Obozo administraion do anything to actually beneift the country..... it's working class? They would lose power by doing that.... keep the working people enslaved and pander to the needy for votes... you know giving out free stuff in exchange.... those are the only people who will benefit from the Obamanation.

#3652341 - 04/22/14 11:46 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Big Ben]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

May be on to something on the rail cars. Amtrak has rerouted the passenger trains in ND due to freight traffic, missing a couple towns they have gone thru for years. Devil's Lake is one.

Warren Buffet is the biggest benefactor as he owns part of every rail service there is.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/20...rite-indic.aspx
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3652514 - 04/22/14 03:29 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: TennesseeRains]
Big Ben
10 Point

Loc: North of Nashville across the ...

They just ordered 40,000 more tanker rail cars to haul the oil with. I bet that creates more jobs than one short term pipeline building job.

#3652545 - 04/22/14 03:55 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Big Ben]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

They just ordered 40,000 more tanker rail cars to haul the oil with. I bet that creates more jobs than one short term pipeline building job.

In a free market the most efficient method of transporting oil will prevail and be beneficial to the country. A government that insists on picking winners and as Romney said, losers and losers, only benefits its cronies.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3652552 - 04/22/14 04:02 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: de novo]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Which reminds me, how are those Obama-crony windmills working out?
#3652589 - 04/22/14 05:01 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Big Ben]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

You got a link to that?? The only reason I'm asking is I saw a different number.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
59 registered (Mickey_mvp, Bow Hunter, diamond hunter, RodBone75, rabbit hunter, leader, 11 invisible) and 86 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93348 Topics
1089940 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.092 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.