Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3649683 - 04/19/14 09:15 AM The Keystone pipe line is now dead again
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

The Obama administration says it is indefinitely extending its long-awaited review of the Keystone XL pipeline — providing a Good Friday jolt to one of the president’s most wrenching environmental decisions.

The move could easily push President Barack Obama’s final decision past the November election. (snip)

the delay drew immediate scorn from pipeline supporters on both sides of the aisle in Congress. Republicans derided it as a “shameful” concession to “radical activists,” while Democratic Senate energy Chairwoman Mary Landrieu called it “irresponsible, unnecessary and unacceptable.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/keystone-xl-pipeline-decision-delayed-105825.html

#3649755 - 04/19/14 10:51 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Crappie Luck]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
And now Jimmy Carter has even weighed in against it publicly. You know it would be of great help to our country with him being against it!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3649915 - 04/19/14 03:36 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: MUP]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

You know why Obama stopped it??

Environment activists told the White House that if they didn't stop it they would withhold $20 million from the planed Obama Presidential Library.

I happen to catch that on Fox & Friends this morning.

#3650492 - 04/20/14 11:55 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Wildcat]
Big Ben
10 Point

Loc: North of Nashville across the ...

content Online
Maybe the oil company should have offered 21 mil.

#3650672 - 04/20/14 04:43 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Big Ben]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: Big Ben

Most oil exec. are conservative, and won't pay bribes like democrats- unions do...

#3651306 - 04/21/14 11:25 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Wildcat]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Environment activists told the White House that if they didn't stop it they would withhold $20 million from the planed Obama Presidential Library.

Also, I've heard that Obama-buddy Warren Buffet is making a killing off transporting the oil with his railcars.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3651335 - 04/21/14 11:48 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: TennesseeRains]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

content Online
Yep.

Infuriating.

I'm hoping Snookie catches him with a maid.

#3651423 - 04/21/14 01:39 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: DaveB]
Big Ben
10 Point

content Online
May be on to something on the rail cars. Amtrak has rerouted the passenger trains in ND due to freight traffic, missing a couple towns they have gone thru for years. Devil's Lake is one.

#3651424 - 04/21/14 01:41 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: dr]
Big Ben
10 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: dr

Most oil exec. are conservative, and won't pay bribes like democrats- unions do...

If you truly believe that I got some nice ocean front property in Tennessee you may be interested in buying.

#3651427 - 04/21/14 01:42 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: TennesseeRains]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains

Also, I've heard that Obama-buddy Warren Buffet is making a killing off transporting the oil with his railcars.

Always a financial reason liberal politicians are so environmental.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3651527 - 04/21/14 04:03 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Look at the risks of a oil pipeline spill and a rail spill.

Funny thing is ALL the pipeline jobs would have been union jobs.

#3651608 - 04/21/14 06:19 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Big Ben]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: dr

If you truly believe that I got some nice ocean front property in Tennessee you may be interested in buying.

Not interested, but I bet you could sell it to plenty odingo voters-union thugs.

#3652293 - 04/22/14 11:03 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: dr]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

I posted the below on another thread in the "general" forum, but it may be more fitting here.

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
Quite profound, coming from a Union boss . . . . .

“Once again, the administration is making a political calculation instead of doing what is right for the country. This certainly is no example of profiles in courage. It’s clear the administration needs to grow a set of antlers, or perhaps take a lesson from Popeye and eat some spinach.”

I predict Obama will "approve" the Keystone pipeline about 2 weeks prior to the mid-term elections of early November 2014. It is a political calculation attempt to appease one group of his supporters with the delay, while the final approval in October 2014 will appease that other group of his supporters who are the big labor unions and the union members who vote as they are told by the union leaders.

Meanwhile, Obama doesn't lose any more votes for the democratic party, as all those who are, or are not, voting "democrat" already, will not be any further effected by his political bickerings related to Keystone. And the final outcome may be that when Keystone is FINALLY "approved", it will simply be too late, and it is never completed. Then Obama can still claim he "approved" it during his Presidency on one hand, while claiming to others he "prevented" Keystone from happening.

#3652312 - 04/22/14 11:15 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Wes Parrish]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Truth is, the Keystone pipeline has been "dead" ever since Obama was elected President in 2008.

Here's an older thread from this very forum shedding more light on the killing of Keystone . . . . . . .

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3593964&page=0&fpart=1

With the Canada-to-Texas Keystone XL pipeline stuck in limbo on the U.S. side, Canada’s Energy Board recently gave a thumbs up to a $6.5 billion pipeline designed to carry 525,000 barrels of oil per day from the oil sands of Alberta to ships on the British Columbia coast. The final destination is most likely Asia.

The U.S. State Department received the Keystone application in September of 2008. The 1,700-mile project was projected to create thousands of jobs and lessen the need for OPEC oil. Even with domestic production booming, the U.S. still imports about half the crude it uses.

Too late now. Game over. Asia wins. America loses.

#3652319 - 04/22/14 11:24 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Wes Parrish]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Why would any of the Obozo administraion do anything to actually beneift the country..... it's working class? They would lose power by doing that.... keep the working people enslaved and pander to the needy for votes... you know giving out free stuff in exchange.... those are the only people who will benefit from the Obamanation.

Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.

#3652341 - 04/22/14 11:46 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Big Ben]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

May be on to something on the rail cars. Amtrak has rerouted the passenger trains in ND due to freight traffic, missing a couple towns they have gone thru for years. Devil's Lake is one.

Warren Buffet is the biggest benefactor as he owns part of every rail service there is.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/20...rite-indic.aspx
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3652514 - 04/22/14 03:29 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: TennesseeRains]
Big Ben
10 Point

content Online
They just ordered 40,000 more tanker rail cars to haul the oil with. I bet that creates more jobs than one short term pipeline building job.

#3652545 - 04/22/14 03:55 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Big Ben]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

They just ordered 40,000 more tanker rail cars to haul the oil with. I bet that creates more jobs than one short term pipeline building job.

In a free market the most efficient method of transporting oil will prevail and be beneficial to the country. A government that insists on picking winners and as Romney said, losers and losers, only benefits its cronies.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3652552 - 04/22/14 04:02 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: de novo]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Which reminds me, how are those Obama-crony windmills working out?
#3652589 - 04/22/14 05:01 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Big Ben]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

You got a link to that?? The only reason I'm asking is I saw a different number.

#3652599 - 04/22/14 05:24 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Wildcat]
Big Ben
10 Point

content Online

You got a link to that?? The only reason I'm asking is I saw a different number.

Just what I read on the Amtrak unlimited forum I follow. Looks like the number was wrong in the post I read. The new number I found to be 5,000 not 40,000, thread is over 40 pages long and the new number was way up there in pages. The Empire Builder passenger train has been having some long delays thru ND and the people who ride this train are up in arms. Some delays have been longer than 12 hours. These guys that post there regular stay on top of anything to do with rail traffic. I will try and find the post made on the number if I can. What number did you hear ?

Thought I had a link to a news article but cut and paste the link don't work on that site for some reason, but the 5,000 number seems right reading it.

#3652615 - 04/22/14 05:48 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Big Ben]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Come on........ it's oil, the liberal punching bag.
After 5+ years, what do ya think is gonna happen under a far left divisive POTUS?

Rail or not, after 5 years he cares more about tweets and selfies......

Edited by preds1 (04/22/14 05:52 PM)

#3652658 - 04/22/14 06:30 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Wildcat]
griz01
Spike

Loc: Wisconsin

No pipeline as long as Buffett owns the railroad!
#3653294 - 04/23/14 11:40 AM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: griz01]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Very insightful new info came out this morning, particular some of the editorial statements being made by some major newspapers.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3499401094001.../#sp=show-clips

And this guy Joe Trippi, he is really a great walkin' talkin' point for the democratic party, heh?!?
He's really good at what he does, and would certainly make Obama a much better press secretary than anyone he's had or has now.

#3700698 - 06/30/14 12:28 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Wes Parrish]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

The final nails in the coffin?

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/06/28/ca...nd-oil-to-asia/

Obama’s inability to make a decision on Keystone has finally yielded a result – Canada has made the decision for him.

Breitbart reports Canada has just approved the Enbridge Northern Gateway Project – a major pipeline to ship Canadian oil to Asia.

The Canadian oil will still be burnt – in Asia, instead of America.

All the jobs and energy security which Canadian oil could have delivered to America, will instead be delivered to Asia.

Rather than purchasing crude from a friendly and allied neighbor, the United States will most likely need to continue its reliance upon hostile sources like Venezuela. Energy analysts had hoped that construction of Keystone could have replaced almost half of the current U.S. daily crude purchases from that volatile, anti-American dictatorship, depriving Venezuela of the resources it relies upon to stay in power and fund its Cuban allies.

You can’t say Canada didn’t give America a chance – they waited years for the American administration to come to their senses. But in the end, they couldn’t wait any longer, and have put the interests of Canadians first.

#3700792 - 06/30/14 02:27 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Wes Parrish]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Until "Merica" has to ride horses again as transportation, they won't give a flip.... Thank you treehuggers and P I T A....

Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.

#3700813 - 06/30/14 03:07 PM Re: The Keystone pipe line is now dead again [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Below is a helpful timeline of Keystone events, courtesy of Al Jazeera.

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows...netimeline.html

It seems Al Jazeera has been the best source of information on a story largely unreported by America's mainstream media.

Al Jazeera is very happy, and please note the "blockage" they found as illustrated in their 8th presentation slide.

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30, fallshollow270
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (PapPaw, TNRazorback, Rockhound, Tn Joe, dh1984, LSUtigers, 9 invisible) and 129 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88891 Topics
1039825 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.258 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.