Page 5 of 8 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3647494 - Yesterday at 08:42 PM Re: Buck Limit Vote???? [Re: smstone22]
Master Chief
8 Point

Loc: Henderson County

sleepy Online
 Originally Posted By: smstone22
I think we would generally refer to a poster as someone posting on this site. Anyway, I believe we are detracting from the point. The "Vote" word did not come from QDMA, just from a poster here(on this site) for clarity.

Here is all that you put on the QDMA site which includes all that QDMA said. Nothing about a vote

http://www.qdma.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63673

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

#3647497 - Yesterday at 08:43 PM Re: Buck Limit Vote???? [Re: smstone22]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

content Online
/her
 Originally Posted By: smstone22
I think we would generally refer to a poster as someone posting on this site. Anyway, I believe we are detracting from the point. The "Vote" word did not come from QDMA, just from a poster here(on this site) for clarity.

You are 100% correct that the person that first posted the information never used the word vote. However, the way his/her post was written, and his/her call to contact Commissioners at this point, certainly implied action on the item to the point that several other posters felt a vote was forthcoming. I do not know him/her, and am not privy to where they are getting their information. The Big Game Proclamation will be presented, and I guess that could lead to some discussion if the public or Commission desires. But, I am not aware of buck limit changes being an agenda topic.

Edited by scn (Yesterday at 08:46 PM)

#3647501 - Yesterday at 08:46 PM Re: Buck Limit Vote???? [Re: Bambi Buster]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I just erased a long response to the same old garbage posted year after year. Deer hunting is dying before our eyes and so few see it. There is nothing sporting about essentially raising deer on a property and "culling" the bucks that don't meet some idjit definition of what a "mature" buck should look like. If that's the case, there are too many deer of every kind to start with. It's a sad day indeed.
#3647529 - Yesterday at 09:08 PM Re: Buck Limit Vote???? [Re: beachguy]
KPH
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tenn

The way things are now works pretty darn good so why mess with it.

#3647531 - Yesterday at 09:08 PM Re: Buck Limit Vote???? [Re: scn]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: scn
QDMA has been bastardized into trophy management. I would have more respect for its practitioners if they would call it what it really is.

Please do not confuse the practice of true QDM with the organization called QDMA, as they are entirely two different things.

Now, I do agree with you that the QDMA has gone off-course from their roots in spreading the merits of QDM, and I am personally disappointed in the direction they have taken more into "trophy" buck management under the guise of QDM.

#3647533 - Yesterday at 09:11 PM Re: Buck Limit Vote???? [Re: KPH]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Originally Posted By: KPH

Why give your car a tune-up?

It's often better to be proactive than reactive.
I personally think it's very wise to discuss the merits of carburetor adjustments. "Discuss" being the operative word.

#3647534 - Yesterday at 09:11 PM Re: Buck Limit Vote???? [Re: KPH]
stik
TnDeer Old Timer
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

confused Online

exactly!!!

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3647537 - Yesterday at 09:12 PM Re: Buck Limit Vote???? [Re: Hangnail]
Bowdacious
16 Point

Loc: over here

Limit yourself and leave the rest of us alone. There is NO VALID REASON TO LOWER THE LIMIT. I've killed a whopping 5 deer in my life. If you want a two buck limit, don't kill three. Very few kill 3 anyway. Let hunters choose what a trophy is for them instead of thinking you have the right to decide if they are picky enough.

Edited by Bowdacious (Yesterday at 09:13 PM)

Beware the skillet

#3647542 - Yesterday at 09:14 PM Re: Buck Limit Vote???? [Re: KPH]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

The way things are now works pretty darn good . . . . .

And the way we got to how things are now is by "messing" with it in the past. \:\)

#3647550 - Yesterday at 09:16 PM Re: Buck Limit Vote???? [Re: Wes Parrish]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
 Originally Posted By: scn
QDMA has been bastardized into trophy management. I would have more respect for its practitioners if they would call it what it really is.

Please do not confuse the practice of true QDM with the organization called QDMA, as they are entirely two different things.

Now, I do agree with you that the QDMA has gone off-course from their roots in spreading the merits of QDM, and I am personally disappointed in the direction they have taken more into "trophy" buck management under the guise of QDM.

I'm not confused. I used to be a QDMA member until they changed their direction.

So, I guess the question is what is QDM. Is it the origional direction of the QDMA, or what the $$$$ in the industry have changed it into?

Edited by scn (Yesterday at 09:23 PM)

Page 5 of 8 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
79 registered (Poleaxe, woodsman87, gasman, rem270, Mudbone, Drake624, 12 invisible) and 147 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85169 Topics
1029319 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.811 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.