Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3647020 - Today at 01:53 PM Unexpected Deposit
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Here at the saltmine a few minutes ago I get a call from our shipping/receiving dept. that a dump truck load of gravel had been dumped on our yard. Dude just pulled in, dumped it, and left - no papers, nothing.

We have no idea what's going on.

That jogged my memory of something that occurred way back near 30 years ago....

....So, I was in 7th grade when a senior by the name of Gary - last name was close enough to Ketchup that everybody called him Hunts. Hunts was wild as a buck...got into everything - and DID everything. He did have fun.

At any rate, Hunts' great nemesis of his life was Coach (name censored). Now Coach was - and is - a fine man. He took it upon himself to lead Hunts onto the straight and narrow - and Hunts continually took detours on the journey. \:D

There was the time that Hunts put a large - and quite dead - carp in Coach's office over the weekend. Then again, one time Hunts stole Coach's coffee pot from said office and held it for ransom. On and on it went.

Well one day, after some sort of altercation with Coach, (I don't remember what) Hunts told him that he was in for it....

That evening, which was a Friday night, there was a basketball game and Coach didn't get home until near midnight. When he pulled into his driveway, there in the middle of his front yard was a huge pile of what turned out to be 10 tons of cow manure. \:D \:D \:D

The details of just what transpired afterwards are sketchy - but I do know that Hunts later spent a great deal of time at Coach's house...and Coach ended up with a great garden that spring. ;\)

Anyhow, Hunts wasn't done yet. You see, he, dutifully - although I wasn't sure at the time it would "take", attended church at the same congregation as Coach.

One of the things that bothered Hunts to no end (I am not sure why) was that the coach's wife was the sign language interpreter who stood at the front for those who were deaf. Instead of listening to the preacher - he'd just sit there and watch the hand gestures and stew.

What really got Hunts into trouble though - was his artistic ability. He could draw anything, and often did so at school...I'll leave to your imagination just what a bunch of teenage boys got him to draw...

Well, anyway he took to drawing in the boys bathroom one day...He drew Coach - with his wife - sitting in a bathtub - with a caption that, although not too bad...it's something I won't repeat here.

That did it.

Hunts found himself very near to being kicked out of school in the last semester of his senior year. Oh, and had it not been for the strenuous pleading from non other than Coach...he would have been.

As it turned out, Hunts was placed on complete probation - if he so much as sneezed without permission, he was gone. He also was forbidden from "walking" at graduation.

Now, I've mentioned that Hunts was quite a creative fellow...In his mind, just because he couldn't walk across the stage - he wasn't forbidden from actually going to graduation.

So he did....

He showed up in a white suit and tie. In fact, to all of us, it seemed that he had somehow gained a considerable amount of weight too. \:D

You know those little mice that pet stores sell to feed snakes???

Yep. Hunts had gone to about all the pet stores in the Chattanooga area and bought every mouse they had....he then stuffed them in every pocket on his suit.

Somewhere during the Valedictorian's speech that nobody remembers...Hunts loosed the contents of his pockets into the crowd. \:D

During the ensuing melee, we noticed Coach following Hunts with his eyes and shaking his head....for his part, Hunts calmly walked out the back door...grinning from ear to ear.

That was the last time I - and anybody I know - ever saw or heard of him......Until late last month.

During the 1st weekend of my begat's spring break, someone broke into the school's property and burned one of the school busses. This particular bus has been a part of the school from back in my day - and was beloved by the students, garnering the nickname 'Bertha'.

Although I don't do the Facebook thing...my squaw does. She sent me a screenshot of a posting on the school's page from none other than Hunts...

It said, "...somehow I will get blamed for this..." \:D \:D \:D

Turns out Hunts did find his way onto the straight and narrow...he is a minister at some congregation way out West...one of this particular church's ministries is to the deaf I heard - and none other than Hunts is the leader.

I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3647027 - 58 minutes 36 seconds ago Re: Unexpected Deposit [Re: TennesseeRains]
leader
14 Point

Loc: Knox

content Online
Great story!!!!

#3647037 - 50 minutes 40 seconds ago Re: Unexpected Deposit [Re: TennesseeRains]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

happy Online
Good story!

#3647040 - 48 minutes 17 seconds ago Re: Unexpected Deposit [Re: rabbit hunter]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Cool story TR!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3647042 - 45 minutes 39 seconds ago Re: Unexpected Deposit [Re: TennesseeRains]
Rob R.
12 Point

Loc: Collierville TN.

content Online
Very good! \:\)

Patron Member of the National Rifle Association Of America

#3647060 - 31 minutes 58 seconds ago Re: Unexpected Deposit [Re: Rob R.]
Dbllunger
10 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

content Online
good story....sounds like you went to school with Earnest T. Bass

#3647061 - 31 minutes 40 seconds ago Re: Unexpected Deposit [Re: Rob R.]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

content Online
Great story!

Μολων λαβε

#3647068 - 23 minutes 58 seconds ago Re: Unexpected Deposit [Re: in the dog house!]
KENBOB10
16 Point

Loc: Benton tn. Polk Co.

Neat!

#3647086 - 1 minute 40 seconds ago Re: Unexpected Deposit [Re: KENBOB10]
KENBOB10
16 Point

Loc: Benton tn. Polk Co.

What about the gravel TR? Don't leave us hangin.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (Cumberlandriver, Jacoprint, Zulu, SilverFox, MidTN, Stk_Um_N_The_Vitals, 17 invisible) and 179 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85103 Topics
1028383 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.222 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.