Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 12 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3608160 - 03/05/14 04:28 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Quailman]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

Figure out how many calories you can eat and make healthier food choices you can eat 10 times a day or eat 3 times a day doesn't matter as long as you stay at or below your calories for the day. Eat more foods the resemble what they looked like straight from the wild cut out processed foods as much as possible

#3608381 - 03/05/14 09:11 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

The lower calorie version Greek yogurts with fruit mixed in and name brand 1lb bags of almonds are my best friend lately \:\)

Eating 6/7 times a day - small stuff as mentioned above - keeps the metabolism working right.

#3608384 - 03/05/14 09:16 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

For me:

No bread
No soft drinks
No ice cream
No cake/pie
No sandwiches from fast food joints
No fried stuff

Now, one cheat meal a week was fine for me when I lost dang near 100lbs before - provided I kept my aggressive workout routine going and was very diet conscious at all other times. Download a calorie count app for your phone if you can. Really helps if you'll stick with it!

#3608390 - 03/05/14 09:21 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: Kimber45

As I was told recently by someone who KNOWS:

Eat Breakfast like a King
Eat Lunch like a Prince
Eat supper like a pauper

The key for me at night is to eat:(the right stuff - early - not too much)

Sounds like a smart person! ;\)

If you're needing help on WHAT to eat and portion size, look into the 21 Day Fix. It's a workout but is more focused on diet really. 70% kitchen, 30% gym.

-Breathe Easy

#3608395 - 03/05/14 09:23 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

For me:

No bread check
No soft drinks check
No ice cream check
No cake/pie check, hard but check
No sandwiches from fast food joints ZERO FAST FOOD
No fried stuff NONE

Cut out dairy, peanut butter, etc.

It's amazing how many empty calories you consume in a day.

If you can't shoot it, hook it, pick it or grow it, don't eat it!

Edited by JandSCattleCo (03/05/14 09:23 PM)

-Breathe Easy

#3608400 - 03/05/14 09:31 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

The exact opposite is true: If you keep eating small amounts of food throughout the day, you’ll never burn any fat.

This myth is an easy one to buy into, because at face value, it seems like it makes sense. By eating frequent, small meals, you’re continuously stimulating your metabolism, and thus burning more calories, right? WRONG. Here’s why:

By grazing around the clock, you’re preventing your body from burning fat. When you’re constantly eating, you’re consistently releasing insulin, which puts your body into its “absorptive phase.” Basically what this means is that the insulin in your body is storing sugar — and not letting other enzymes in your body release sugar to break down fat. The goal is for your body to be in “postabsorptive phase,” where it uses your energy stores for sustenance, and burns more fat.

Grazing can cause you to lose track of your calories consumed. When you have three, well-balanced meals a day, it’s easy to keep count of all of the calories you’re consuming and it’s much easier to nutritionally balance your meals. Conversely, when you have six, small meals — it becomes harder to count and remember how many calories you’ve eaten in a particular day. It also becomes more difficult to ensure that each time you’re eating, you’re consuming the appropriate combination of macronutrients like healthy proteins, fats, and carbs.

#3608403 - 03/05/14 09:36 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: JandSCattleCo

Eat Lunch like a Prince
Eat supper like a pauper

If you're needing help on WHAT to eat and portion size, look into the 21 Day Fix. It's a workout but is more focused on diet really. 70% kitchen, 30% gym.

How's "she" doing buddy? That is one tough lady!

#3608410 - 03/05/14 09:41 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Eat Lunch like a Prince
Eat supper like a pauper

Well as can be expected. Going through a sinus infection (constant thing) and they're putting in a new port Friday. Making sure they don't use ANY chlorohexidine prep, dermabond, etc that has chlorohexidine in it near it etc to prevent a skin infection again. Otherwise she's putting up one heck of a fight everyday!

-Breathe Easy

#3608426 - 03/05/14 10:03 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Eat Lunch like a Prince
Eat supper like a pauper

Well as can be expected. Going through a sinus infection (constant thing) and they're putting in a new port Friday. Making sure they don't use ANY chlorohexidine prep, dermabond, etc that has chlorohexidine in it near it etc to prevent a skin infection again. Otherwise she's putting up one heck of a fight everyday!

In my prayers!

#3608551 - 03/06/14 06:39 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, Tn

Day 3 in the books!! I have to say I am beat!!! That "Total Body Circuit" hurt!!! Out of the 25 minutes i probabaly went hard for 22 of them. I feel my thighs are really hurting and my mental stage isn't where i would like it to be at this point. When i am done for the 25 i tfeel good but mentally before and during it it gets the best of me. ABs tonight is going to suck!! lol Wife is doing really good with it though. She is a really good motivator for me when i have around 10 minutes left. (3 pauses for 30 seconds or less last night)

10 STRAIGHT!!!! \:\)

And I OWN TWINSHOOTER!!!! \:\)

And I will OWN TheDonkey if he takes my bet!!!!! \:\)

Page 4 of 12 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
48 registered (dsa5455, AndyW, hinshm, reloadxx, TNDeerGuy, TNtrapper, 4 invisible) and 77 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90923 Topics
1062468 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.062 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.