Tndeer Logo

Page all of 12 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3605294 - 03/03/14 06:55 AM T25 starts this evening...
G8rntn
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, Tn

content Online
The wife and I are starting this together. Current weight 208 5'11" tall. Don't really know what goal to set for myself (maybe 20-25 lbs) just wanna get rid of some of this gut which isn't real bad but....... And feel better. Have all the discs for Alpha and Beta. I know it's gonna be mentally challenging for me but I have to do this. Haven't been really active since High School Baseball and that was back in 95.

Will keep this updated for anyone that's interested. Wish me luck!!!

10 STRAIGHT!!!! \:\)

And I OWN TWINSHOOTER!!!! \:\)

#3605338 - 03/03/14 07:43 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Good luck!!

#3605370 - 03/03/14 08:27 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Where did you end up getting it?

Good luck!

-Breathe Easy

#3605674 - 03/03/14 11:58 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: JandSCattleCo]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: JandSCattleCo
Where did you end up getting it?

Good luck!

Downloaded it...

#3606505 - 03/04/14 06:24 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Started Cardio last night. Had to hit pause 3 times for 30 seconds each. Gonna start narrowing that down. Kicked my tail though. Seems like it's gonna be good though. Definitely got a good sweat going. Sore this morning but not as bad as I thought. Back hurts more than anything (back problems for the last few years). Overall it's good to be doing this. Speed tonight.

#3606526 - 03/04/14 06:39 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Good deal!

I skipped yesterday...scraping stinking ice etc instead. I did run day 1 & 2 of Couch to 5K on Saturday and Sunday though so a day of (with the exception of the lower back workout from shoveling ice) was a welcome day.

Good luck!

#3606530 - 03/04/14 06:43 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
At the 9 minute mark I really had to mentally focus, because I almost quit!! You are in the Beta stage right?

#3606534 - 03/04/14 06:51 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: G8rntn
At the 9 minute mark I really had to mentally focus, because I almost quit!! You are in the Beta stage right?

I am and honestly the Beta round is more fun...So far and that's coming off of week #1 so I have a ways to go for sure.
I did an extra weeks worth of Alpha - was still hitting pause some and just felt I needed it. As a result I've been doing GREAT on BEta so far.

I did buy a HR monitor too. I'm 51 and felt like I was getting out of my safe-zone. After buying the HR monitor I found that I was not out of my safe-zone so I've pushed harder from that as well.

#3606557 - 03/04/14 07:39 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
How much have you dropped so far if you don't mind me asking?

#3606632 - 03/04/14 08:49 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Total between 12-15 lbs but I have done horribly on the diet aspect. I've eaten MORE while working out than I did previously in most of this journey

#3606636 - 03/04/14 08:53 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Quailman
8 Point

Loc: Winchester, TN

content Online
Good job G8rntn and stay with it!!

I had to stay home from work yesterday because of a sick child, so I ended up doing P90 shoulders/arms in the morning, and then decided to try one of the T25 Beta worksouts in the evening to see if it was higher intensity than the alpha workouts. Did the beta core cardio workout and it was really good!!

#3606656 - 03/04/14 09:09 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Quailman]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Kimber that is going to be my biggest challenge!!!

#3606657 - 03/04/14 09:10 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Thanks Quailman... My brother in law has done the P90 and the Insanity, said the T25 is really really good!!

#3606830 - 03/04/14 12:00 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

Don't aim for a "goal" weight with something like this because you could be disappointed at the end aim to be able to do every workout wide open by the end ... your body will change but maybe not by numbers

Just like me I'm down 11lbs in just over a month when I had hoped to be at the 20lb mark but I have been weight lifting 6 days a week so I can see a change in my body just not showing up on the scale yet

#3606902 - 03/04/14 01:00 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Good point EK... But the thing is, I dont have time to workout with weights.

#3606920 - 03/04/14 01:18 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Any exercise can add muscle as you lose fat and not reflect on the scale .. take a picture today and give 1000% during every workout and take a picture after you will see a difference even if you don't lose weight

#3606967 - 03/04/14 02:19 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Will do

#3607053 - 03/04/14 03:27 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
Quailman
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Eric Kilby
take a picture today and give 1000% during every workout and take a picture after you will see a difference even if you don't lose weight

Great advice!!

#3607627 - 03/05/14 06:28 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Quailman]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Day 2 in the books. Did Speed 1.0 last night. Kicked my tail pretty good. I feel it pretty bad today. A couple of the sets they did i struggled with to keep my form like i was supposed too though. My agaility isn't where it needs to be. I feel like i cheated myself because i couldn't do it like they were doing it those couple of sets. Guess my mind was off and couldn't think clearly because of the pain (LOL) i was in, but i stayed moving the best i could to keep up with them. Only hit pause twice last night though (30 seconds per. Pretty beat this morning, but i know what i have to do to get to where i want. I think it's TBC (Total Body Circuit) tonight.

#3607641 - 03/05/14 06:45 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Good deal!!

I'll have to say - it was SEVERAL weeks in before I saw improvement however - 51, both shoulders and right knee have damage that I refuse to have worked on via surgery until they are beyond use.

I had speed 2.0 last night. 2nd time I've done that one and has become my FAVORITE because it's fast paced and switches between moves faster through the sets.

Keep rolling!

#3607680 - 03/05/14 07:30 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45
Good deal!!

I'll have to say - it was SEVERAL weeks in before I saw improvement however - 51, both shoulders and right knee have damage that I refuse to have worked on via surgery until they are beyond use.

I had speed 2.0 last night. 2nd time I've done that one and has become my FAVORITE because it's fast paced and switches between moves faster through the sets.

Keep rolling!

What do you mean before you saw results? Weight loss??

#3607748 - 03/05/14 09:03 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Quailman
8 Point

content Online
Day 2 in the books. Did Speed 1.0 last night. Kicked my tail pretty good. I feel it pretty bad today. A couple of the sets they did i struggled with to keep my form like i was supposed too though. My agaility isn't where it needs to be. I feel like i cheated myself because i couldn't do it like they were doing it those couple of sets. Guess my mind was off and couldn't think clearly because of the pain (LOL) i was in, but i stayed moving the best i could to keep up with them. Only hit pause twice last night though (30 seconds per. Pretty beat this morning, but i know what i have to do to get to where i want. I think it's TBC (Total Body Circuit) tonight.

I understand what you're saying about keeping proper form. For me, there are a couple of exercises in Speed 1.0 that are difficult for me to learn and to maintain proper form. I just try to slow down to a pace where I can keep proper form until I've learned the move. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Speed 1.0 because of some of the awkward exercises.

I do like the Total Body Circuit routine, so you should have fun tonight!! Enjoy your burpees.

#3607794 - 03/05/14 09:41 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Quailman]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Quail i am sure i will. \:\)

#3608087 - 03/05/14 03:19 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Good deal!!

Keep rolling!

What do you mean before you saw results? Weight loss??

Actually I was looking more in terms of coordination, workouts with pauses etc.. I was pausing every 3/4 minutes to begin with. Have always had some shortness of breath issues - smoked 15 years to boot.. I figure the right Dr would tell me I am in stages of COPD now but, if I don't ask I wont know

In other words it took me 6 weeks to stop hitting pause. Now, I don't modify - it's just not in me SO I started out day 1 doing all the intensity I could muster of every move.

I don't think weight loss should be a critical component to consider as much as being physically fit and correcting your diet. If you work out 5/6 times a week in a way that keeps your heart rate up for a half hour or more and eat sensibly you'll lose weight without any problem. For me - starting back working out has made me INSANELY hungry so I'm having to get very creative on how/when/what I eat which is helping however I'm still cheating (junk food) too much!

#3608091 - 03/05/14 03:21 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Quailman]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Quailman

I understand what you're saying about keeping proper form. For me, there are a couple of exercises in Speed 1.0 that are difficult for me to learn and to maintain proper form. I just try to slow down to a pace where I can keep proper form until I've learned the move. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Speed 1.0 because of some of the awkward exercises.

I do like the Total Body Circuit routine, so you should have fun tonight!! Enjoy your burpees.

Burpees are NASTY

#3608094 - 03/05/14 03:21 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
I want to get in shape but i need to see results in my gut getting smaller. LOL

#3608102 - 03/05/14 03:26 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I want to get in shape but i need to see results in my gut getting smaller. LOL

Do T25 - measure your waist etc.. You'll see improvement for sure but it will REALLY show up if you control your diet..

As I was told recently by someone who KNOWS:

Eat Breakfast like a King
Eat Lunch like a Prince
Eat supper like a pauper

The key for me at night is to eat:(the right stuff - early - not too much)

#3608114 - 03/05/14 03:36 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Since i started
Breakfast- 3 pc of Bacon and 2 scrambled eggs
Lunch- Subway 6 inch on wheat ham
Dinner- Baked chkn or Filet and salad
Thoughts???

#3608116 - 03/05/14 03:38 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Kimber that is the main problem for me, is notknowing what to eat that isnt bad for me.

#3608149 - 03/05/14 04:19 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Quailman
8 Point

content Online
Kimber that is the main problem for me, is notknowing what to eat that isnt bad for me.

Kimber is spot on with his advice. As far as I'm concerned, there is no exercise program in the world that will truly work without proper nutrition to go along with it. Because I eat so much food on a daily basis I HAVE to eat right or I'll gain weight easily.

Choosing proper foods is not that difficult if you stick to the basics. I eat plenty of lean protein (lean meat, egg whites, nuts, etc.) along with healthy carbs (whole grain bread, sweet potatoes) fruits and vegetables. I do cheat from time to time, but it's in very small amounts (and there's nothing wrong with it). I also limit dairy products and stick to skim milk if needed.

In a typical day, I eat about 5-6 times. For example, here's what a typical day will consist of:
Breakfast: 4 egg white omelet with lean ham and cheese plus protein shake, cup of coffee.
Mid-morning snack: trail mix or fruit.
Lunch: Large bowl of venison stew, raw carrots, apple.
Afternoon snack: protein bar or trail mix.
Supper: venison tenderloin!, steamed broccoli, sweet potatoe
Late night (if needed): almonds, frozen yogurt, etc.

However, that being said, I exercise at least 6 days of week, alternating intense cardio and strenth training.

#3608160 - 03/05/14 04:28 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Quailman]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Figure out how many calories you can eat and make healthier food choices you can eat 10 times a day or eat 3 times a day doesn't matter as long as you stay at or below your calories for the day. Eat more foods the resemble what they looked like straight from the wild cut out processed foods as much as possible

#3608381 - 03/05/14 09:11 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

The lower calorie version Greek yogurts with fruit mixed in and name brand 1lb bags of almonds are my best friend lately \:\)

Eating 6/7 times a day - small stuff as mentioned above - keeps the metabolism working right.

#3608384 - 03/05/14 09:16 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

For me:

No bread
No soft drinks
No ice cream
No cake/pie
No sandwiches from fast food joints
No fried stuff

Now, one cheat meal a week was fine for me when I lost dang near 100lbs before - provided I kept my aggressive workout routine going and was very diet conscious at all other times. Download a calorie count app for your phone if you can. Really helps if you'll stick with it!

#3608390 - 03/05/14 09:21 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Eat Lunch like a Prince
Eat supper like a pauper

Sounds like a smart person! ;\)

If you're needing help on WHAT to eat and portion size, look into the 21 Day Fix. It's a workout but is more focused on diet really. 70% kitchen, 30% gym.

-Breathe Easy

#3608395 - 03/05/14 09:23 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

For me:

No bread check
No soft drinks check
No ice cream check
No cake/pie check, hard but check
No sandwiches from fast food joints ZERO FAST FOOD
No fried stuff NONE

Cut out dairy, peanut butter, etc.

It's amazing how many empty calories you consume in a day.

If you can't shoot it, hook it, pick it or grow it, don't eat it!

Edited by JandSCattleCo (03/05/14 09:23 PM)

-Breathe Easy

#3608400 - 03/05/14 09:31 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

The exact opposite is true: If you keep eating small amounts of food throughout the day, you’ll never burn any fat.

This myth is an easy one to buy into, because at face value, it seems like it makes sense. By eating frequent, small meals, you’re continuously stimulating your metabolism, and thus burning more calories, right? WRONG. Here’s why:

By grazing around the clock, you’re preventing your body from burning fat. When you’re constantly eating, you’re consistently releasing insulin, which puts your body into its “absorptive phase.” Basically what this means is that the insulin in your body is storing sugar — and not letting other enzymes in your body release sugar to break down fat. The goal is for your body to be in “postabsorptive phase,” where it uses your energy stores for sustenance, and burns more fat.

Grazing can cause you to lose track of your calories consumed. When you have three, well-balanced meals a day, it’s easy to keep count of all of the calories you’re consuming and it’s much easier to nutritionally balance your meals. Conversely, when you have six, small meals — it becomes harder to count and remember how many calories you’ve eaten in a particular day. It also becomes more difficult to ensure that each time you’re eating, you’re consuming the appropriate combination of macronutrients like healthy proteins, fats, and carbs.

#3608403 - 03/05/14 09:36 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Eat Lunch like a Prince
Eat supper like a pauper

If you're needing help on WHAT to eat and portion size, look into the 21 Day Fix. It's a workout but is more focused on diet really. 70% kitchen, 30% gym.

How's "she" doing buddy? That is one tough lady!

#3608410 - 03/05/14 09:41 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Eat Lunch like a Prince
Eat supper like a pauper

Well as can be expected. Going through a sinus infection (constant thing) and they're putting in a new port Friday. Making sure they don't use ANY chlorohexidine prep, dermabond, etc that has chlorohexidine in it near it etc to prevent a skin infection again. Otherwise she's putting up one heck of a fight everyday!

-Breathe Easy

#3608426 - 03/05/14 10:03 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Eat Lunch like a Prince
Eat supper like a pauper

Well as can be expected. Going through a sinus infection (constant thing) and they're putting in a new port Friday. Making sure they don't use ANY chlorohexidine prep, dermabond, etc that has chlorohexidine in it near it etc to prevent a skin infection again. Otherwise she's putting up one heck of a fight everyday!

In my prayers!

#3608551 - 03/06/14 06:39 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Day 3 in the books!! I have to say I am beat!!! That "Total Body Circuit" hurt!!! Out of the 25 minutes i probabaly went hard for 22 of them. I feel my thighs are really hurting and my mental stage isn't where i would like it to be at this point. When i am done for the 25 i tfeel good but mentally before and during it it gets the best of me. ABs tonight is going to suck!! lol Wife is doing really good with it though. She is a really good motivator for me when i have around 10 minutes left. (3 pauses for 30 seconds or less last night)

#3608558 - 03/06/14 06:45 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
As far as what i eat...
2 bacon and 2 eggs every morning and ocassionally Oatmeal
Mid morning snack green grapes granola bar
Lunch Subway on wheat (6 inch)
Afternoon snack Baked trail mix and a cheese stip with some nuts
Throughout the day, around 4 bottles of water and 2 Spark (advocare) drinks, one right before i go home.
Dinner, Zaxbys grilled chkn salad or some type of baked chkn from home or fish

No bread other than the subway wheat. and I have cut down from 6-8 Dr. Peppers a day to maybe one with dinner. And hopefully cut them out all together within a week. ZERO junk food ( candy bars, M&Ms, Skittle, Cakes etc...)even though the wife works at M&M Mars!!!! HAHA Iknow i can do better but for me and the way i have eaten all my life is pretty dang good for me. #WORKINPROGRESS

#3608573 - 03/06/14 06:54 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Drink LOTS of water throughout the day. Dump that Dr Pepper - belly will run away \:\)

#3608783 - 03/06/14 10:17 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

I'm dumping weight right now.

Breakfast - Nutribullet vegetable and fruit smoothie
Lunch - Shakeology
Dinner - something healthy

-Breathe Easy

#3608846 - 03/06/14 11:52 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Lunch - Shakeology

No way your getting enough calories unless you are eating a huge dinner... getting to few of calories is just as bad as to many..

#3608873 - 03/06/14 12:29 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Lunch - Shakeology

No way your getting enough calories unless you are eating a huge dinner... getting to few of calories is just as bad as to many..

Not unless you're goal is to gain a lot of muscle right away.... If you keep the muscle groups active and eat less than enough calories you'll lose more fat - and quicker. I did it once myself, 100lbs.

#3608894 - 03/06/14 12:53 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online

Lunch - Shakeology

EK that is what I have heard as well. I am lost with alot of this carb intake stuff! haha

#3608949 - 03/06/14 01:54 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Reading some interesting info on the topic. The "belief" is that 1200 or more calories will keep things in check whereas eating under 1200 calories on a regular basis will wreck your metabolism.

Honestly not very complicated to take in 1200 calories for me \:\) even when I was eating VERY light years ago.

#3608966 - 03/06/14 02:07 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Its very easy to figure out your calorie needs for the day to maintain your weight subtract 500 from that number and you will be losing 1 pound per week and then whatever you burn working out will just be added weight loss...

I don't take in account my exercise for my calorie needs I eat roughly 2500 - 2700 calories a day and spend a hour to a hour and a half in the gym a day I see my body changing and I've lost right at 15 pounds in a lil over a month and on top of that my body is fed so I have plenty of energy to spend 3 days a week in the gym

#3608969 - 03/06/14 02:11 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

GLAD you brought this up! Ive REALLY been slacking SO I'm downloading a new APP right now - Calorie Counter, for my IPhone... I'm plumb stupid when it comes to eating so having this app will help me make sure I get enough of the right kind of calorie mix and not too much/many

#3608988 - 03/06/14 02:32 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

That's how I keep track I try to keep my calories 40% / 40% / 20%

That's protein / carbs / fat ... when your body is fueled properly it performs more efficient

#3608993 - 03/06/14 02:36 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
i have the LiveStrong app... ever tried it or should I try a different.

#3608998 - 03/06/14 02:39 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

I've never used it I use a app called "lose it" for android I know several people that use "my fitness pal" and love it

#3609046 - 03/06/14 03:28 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Yeah i got it also but i will stick with the LiveStrong app for now. Just need a guide so i guess that will do.

#3609257 - 03/06/14 08:20 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Lunch - Shakeology

Whatever I'm doing is working for me. Everyone is different. I'm down 35 pounds since Halloween, have toned up, gained muscle and feel better. When I'm hungry I eat and listen to my full ess cues. When I'm full, I stop.

-Breathe Easy

#3609290 - 03/06/14 08:47 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Lunch - Shakeology

Whatever I'm doing is working for me. Everyone is different. I'm down 35 pounds since Halloween, have toned up, gained muscle and feel better. When I'm hungry I eat and listen to my full ess cues. When I'm full, I stop.

Good job!! I may need to borrow those bowls! \:D
I'm NOT doing well with the diet this week! \:\(

#3609338 - 03/06/14 09:17 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
PcDeer
4 Point

Loc: Linden, Tn

Drink LOTS of water throughout the day. Dump that Dr Pepper - belly will run away \:\)

Truer words have never been spoken brother! I was a caffine/Sun Drop addict for YEARS and I can't begin to explain how much better I felt in the weeks after giving up carbonated beverages!I lost 10+ lbs not dieting just by giving up soft drinks alone but I felt amazing just by giving up coke for water

#3609511 - 03/07/14 06:48 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: PcDeer]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Day 4 (Ab Intervals) done last night. All I can say is [censored]!!! That either was REALLY bad or the sorensess i haven't felt caught up to me after last nights workout. I really struggled though it. I have never been able to do those type of excersises. I ususally feel good about 30 minutes after the workout is over but last night i felt i wasted a session. I went as hard as i could but i know i wasnt doing it like they were. I felt i cheated myself and wasted a day. I wont quit though but i have got to get better at the ABs session. Tonight is Lower Focus for me then the weekend off!!!! That's my motivator!!!! Oh yeah didnt have a single Dr.P or any caffiene yesterday!!!

#3609728 - 03/07/14 11:22 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Day 4 (Ab Intervals) done last night. All I can say is [censored]!!! That either was REALLY bad or the sorensess i haven't felt caught up to me after last nights workout. I really struggled though it. I have never been able to do those type of excersises. I ususally feel good about 30 minutes after the workout is over but last night i felt i wasted a session. I went as hard as i could but i know i wasnt doing it like they were. I felt i cheated myself and wasted a day. I wont quit though but i have got to get better at the ABs session. Tonight is Lower Focus for me then the weekend off!!!! That's my motivator!!!! Oh yeah didnt have a single Dr.P or any caffiene yesterday!!!

That a boy! Keep it up. One day at a time, one pound at a time!

-Breathe Easy

#3609880 - 03/07/14 02:41 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

That a boy! Keep it up. One day at a time, one pound at a time!

X2!

Great job!

#3609885 - 03/07/14 02:48 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I ran at lunch today - not having run much in a long time, 20 minutes of running was TOUGH.

Have Rip-T Circuit this evening

Downloaded and STARTED the new calorie counting app - My Fitness Pal.. I may start leaving the exercise out as this thing has me needing 2750 calories to lose 2 lbs a week on a 2 workout day

#3609907 - 03/07/14 03:13 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Yea I don't add in exercise I just don't stress it if I go over calories every once in a while

#3609964 - 03/07/14 05:01 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Well senility is getting the better of me. Did RipT yesterday - Upper focus this afternoon. I must say that I feel great after 2@day workouts !!

#3611041 - 03/09/14 09:55 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Day 5 was Friday full body and my thighs are toast. Didn't get to do cardio until Saturday because I thought I would wasted it if I had done it friday. But did it Saturday and it actually felt good. Doing the stretch DVD today. Then start week two tomorrow.

#3612367 - 03/10/14 05:29 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Bicycle at lunch 20 minutes ... T25 this afternoon then 20 minutes on the mountain bike (on country road)

Feeling good but feeling whoooooped!

#3612504 - 03/10/14 08:15 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Man Kimber that is freaking good!! I hope to get to that stage one day. What beta week you on?

#3612583 - 03/10/14 09:11 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Week 3 but I've been a bit sloppy so I can assure you I'll do an xtra week before Gamma

#3612851 - 03/11/14 08:51 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
In my second week. Did cardio last night. Felt better this time around than the first. Still a little sore but not bad enough to complain about it. Feel good going into this week.

#3613830 - 03/12/14 06:37 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Did total Body last night and for some reason it kicked my arse!!! feel good though. feel even better health wise.

#3613835 - 03/12/14 06:43 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I had upper focus - ran on the road at lunch for 30 minutes (dang near killed me \:D ) and it was definitely a run then walk, run then walk. Upper Focus at 430 - mountain bike at 500 for about 25 minutes.

Showing 213 this morning! VERY good # for me and I credit it to the calorie counting APP for sure!

Speaking of HOT - I have my shed setup as a gym...and have a large gymnast mat - looked like the T25 video yesterday as in a puddle of water in the floor as I was wringing wet!

#3613881 - 03/12/14 07:52 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
hahahahaha i know what u mean about sweating!!!!

#3614512 - 03/12/14 06:02 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I kicked Speed 2.0's backside until it bled today!! \:D

Had an all day emergency response refresher training today but ate decent - bumped up some carbs about an hour before and smoked 2.0!

Decided I'd let today be a single workout day since yesterday was a 3 workout day... Tomorrow will need to be 3.... then I think I'll try an hour of P90X plyometrics early Friday morning before the 2 hour drive to the VOUS... Hoping the T25 will have me conditioned for that workout since before when I did it and was not conditioned it was TOUGH to walk the next few days \:D

#3615096 - 03/13/14 09:42 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
I need to find a good before/after workout supplement. I have been reading C4 is pretty good. Thought?

#3615166 - 03/13/14 11:09 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Bullfrog
6 Point

Loc: Ky Lake

I like C4, but buy it online instead of GNC. Lots cheaper
#3615169 - 03/13/14 11:14 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Bullfrog]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Vitiman world is pretty close to online prices gnc is just crazy don't know how they stay in business

#3615184 - 03/13/14 11:33 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Eric Kilby]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
I was on A1supplements but i will check out Vitamin World

#3615332 - 03/13/14 02:36 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Did speed 1.0 last night... getting better. Doing cardio tonight. Starting to struggle with missing what i like to eat. BUt havent had but 3 Dr.P in two weeks!!! Was averaging 30-40 a week

#3615491 - 03/13/14 06:18 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Man cuttin out the Dr Peppers is going to really help your cause for sure. Good job!!

#3615817 - 03/14/14 06:30 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Did cardio last night, and i dont know if i have pulled something in my lower right leg just below the calf, but it is killing me during the workouts. I wasnt tired at all during it but my leg was killing me!!! Tonight will be tough on double down friday.

#3618245 - 03/17/14 06:32 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Did the workouts for friday stretched saturday and looking forward to full body tonight!! kinda weird that i say that but that's where i am at now. Feel really good health wise haven't had a DrP in over 2 weeks and have only cheated one weekend on food. And it was the first week of this. Last week was hard bcse i was wanting Taco Bell bad!!! haha but thought i would give a update. Started out at 208 and checked last night and was down to 196.

#3618267 - 03/17/14 07:05 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Did the workouts for friday stretched saturday and looking forward to full body tonight!! kinda weird that i say that but that's where i am at now. Feel really good health wise haven't had a DrP in over 2 weeks and have only cheated one weekend on food. And it was the first week of this. Last week was hard bcse i was wanting Taco Bell bad!!! haha but thought i would give a update. Started out at 208 and checked last night and was down to 196.

Great job on the 12 lbs lost!!
I went to the VOUS and did no real calorie countin there \:D SO today I've restarted the counter, again \:\)
Skipped the weekend - lower back is kinda giving me fits.
This week will be my NEW and IMPROVED workout plan. Run at noon then P90X chest/back this evening, T25 Speed 2.0 tomorrow, Run at noon then another T25 of my choosin on Wed, P90X shoulders and arms on Thursday, Plyometrics on Friday - run Saturday and off Sunday.

#3618357 - 03/17/14 08:56 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Man Kimber that sounds tough!! Good luck with your back.

#3618846 - 03/17/14 06:34 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Ran at noon for 30 minutes (sloowwwwww and outside) then P90X Chest and Back for 50 minutes this afternoon.......and I'm DONE for today

#3619454 - 03/18/14 10:26 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Did toatl body last night!! Thats a killer imo \:\)

#3619606 - 03/18/14 12:32 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

That's a good workout for sure!! I just walked at noon for 20 minutes - T25 2.0 today \:\)

#3619713 - 03/18/14 03:07 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
I think i may do Alpha again before moving on too Beta... Thought?

#3619874 - 03/18/14 06:44 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I did one xtra week before moving.. If you're not hitting pause often, you're ready to move up.

#3619944 - 03/18/14 07:50 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

i have absolutely love this. i can do it in my shop during my planning period. i have been doing one during the day and another with my wife at night after our runs. great program. still in alpha, but have been able to keep up pretty well. not getting winded at all, but have to admit that some of the moves I am off on- I am certainly not graceful

Edited by redblood (03/18/14 07:51 PM)

#3620212 - 03/19/14 06:38 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: redblood]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
I am in wekk 3 and did Speed 1.0 last night. For some reason i was hurting bad around my ankles!!! not winded but hurting. And i am really sore this morning. Have Lower Focus tonight!!!! \:\(

#3620231 - 03/19/14 06:57 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I am in wekk 3 and did Speed 1.0 last night. For some reason i was hurting bad around my ankles!!! not winded but hurting. And i am really sore this morning. Have Lower Focus tonight!!!! \:\(

Hang in there! My ankles are getting better now...and I still get a little winded HOWEVER at 33 I stopped smoking (now 51) because the Dr's told me I was headed for emphysema FAST - chronic bronchitis, most likely COPD, SO I expect to get winded but I keep pushing play. My ankles and calf muscles have hurt throughout this but I understand why - it's pretty high impact and, I'm OLD \:D

I was at 211 this morning having started this at right at 230 so, winded, sore ankles, hitting pause.......it's all good because it's working \:\)

#3620237 - 03/19/14 07:13 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Oh their is no way i wil stop!!! not after putting in 3 weeks of hell on my body!! happy with where i am at now but [censored] my ankles are killing me!!! Bout to turn 38 in a few months.

#3620783 - 03/19/14 05:49 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Just finished Lower Focus!!! That is all

#3620947 - 03/19/14 08:23 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Ok...I'm a workout skip/advance junkie SO \:D

I took a look at Gamma today...I'll be doing speed 3.0 tomorrow! Did P90X shoulders and arms this afternoon - ran at lunch for 30 minutes.

The final or Gamma series of T25 has what appears to be a lot of resistance focus so I'll be working those in soon as well....maybe light weight and high reps...then lower reps but heavier weight on P90X resistance days.

This new layout is really making me look forward to working out - was REALLY losing muscle tone and missing the resistance days..

#3621213 - 03/20/14 06:22 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Losing muscle tone because of what video???

#3621249 - 03/20/14 07:10 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Losing muscle tone because of what video???

T25 in general.. In P90X cardio is a part of the resistance based workouts - however not as intense a cardio workout as T25 so while I've been losing some weight and getting in better shape - muscle tone was also diminishing greatly which is VERY normal at over 50, especially when the exercise you get is not resistance based.

Again though, as I reviewed the GAMMA series yesterday it reads like ALL the workouts are heavy in resistance except Speed 3.0 which makes sense. They tear down our fat-house with 12 weeks of alpha/beta then build up the New-house with Gamma \:\)

#3621253 - 03/20/14 07:19 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
So u like P90x for muscle and T25 for weight loss?

#3621367 - 03/20/14 08:43 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

So u like P90x for muscle and T25 for weight loss?

I'd better clarify by saying P90X to build muscle and T25 for raw cardio.

I lost 35-40 lbs doing P90X before and put on some solid muscle tone - while being on a VERY low calorie diet..

At the end of the day, especially at my age, cardio is of the utmost importance - priority #1. So with that in mind I'll be arranging my workout schedule with that in mind.

One of the reasons I was SO successful in P90X before is because I was RELENTLESS in working out! I was working out 7 days a week with at least 3 days a week of 2@day workouts. VERY fortunate I didn't sustain injury with that regiment at my age however, I felt the best I've felt physically and mentally in my life at 49 yrs old! I was actually doing the cardio on the 2@days - so most often in my week I was doing shoulders and arms twice and/or back/chest twice. At 49 I could chug out 18-20 full motion chin ups starting from 0 a few years before \:\) In my P90X workouts I was doing way over 100 chin-ups a session! Now I'm STRAINING to do 3 a set \:D BUT I jump over and hit the lat pull-down machine and finish my sets now so I plan to be back above 10 per set before long.

#3621429 - 03/20/14 09:47 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
WOW... Wonder if i shlould have done P90x instead. Not really going for muscle tone just wanting to lose 15-20 pounds is all.

#3621529 - 03/20/14 11:30 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

My advice... Go thru the T25 in its entirety then maybe think about what your preventive maintenance plan for life will be.. Maybe pickup P90X - work thru it, then devise a plan from either or both that works for you. Just remember, these "plans" can be a stepping stone to a new life journey OR just a short stop in the road where we work hard to get fit only to stop eating right and working out then reverting back to our previously unhealthy selves

#3624583 - 03/24/14 06:47 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Haven't updated in a few days. Still going at it though... Weight is at 194 from 208. Start week four tonight. Cardio I think.

#3624634 - 03/24/14 08:10 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Haven't updated in a few days. Still going at it though... Weight is at 194 from 208. Start week four tonight. Cardio I think.

Good deal.. Congrats on the weight loss!

#3631324 - 03/31/14 06:38 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Update on my progress... Starting week 5 today, down from 208 to 188. One 30 second pause for any disc. Still tough though. Also still eating right and starting a Advocare 10 day cleanse Thursday of last week.

#3631509 - 03/31/14 09:29 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Quailman
8 Point

content Online
Nice job G8rntn! Sounds like you're doing well.

I've backed off from T25 because I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in May, but I'll incorporate some T25 workouts once I get done with my run. Really feeling good with running right now. Ran 8.26 miles on Friday at an 8:19 pace. Hope it keeps up!!

#3631524 - 03/31/14 09:43 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Quailman]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
I need to start running as well... I just hate running! hahaha

#3639127 - 04/08/14 12:15 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Quailman]
myboomisdoom
Spike

Loc: McNairy Co.

Would you recommend this product to others?
Galatians 2:19-20

#3639263 - 04/08/14 02:17 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: myboomisdoom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: myboomisdoom

I would!

#3640335 - 04/09/14 02:07 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
Tenn.Guy
8 Point

Loc: Tenn

I havent researched T25 too much, or read through the read. Is it mainly cardio or is there some strength training involved?

I am planning on picking up T25 or P90x3 this fall.

#3640348 - 04/09/14 02:21 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Tenn.Guy]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Between T25 and 21 Day Fix, I like the 21 Day Fix workouts better. It has weight training / resistance band training incorportaed into it. Plus it has yoga and pilates.

I know I know, grow a pair and get off that crap. I'll be honest, it has helped with my flexibility and balance.

Carisa laughs at me saying "I didnt realise you were so flexible for a big guy!"

PS - AWESOME JOB on achieving your goals!

-Breathe Easy

#3640569 - 04/09/14 06:50 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

T25 is nearly without resistance, until Gamma series

#3640916 - 04/10/14 06:46 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: myboomisdoom]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: myboomisdoom

Absolutley!!! I am doing one more week of Alpha (week 5) before i move on to Beta.I started at 208lbs and after last night i am down to 186lbs. I TRY to eat right (cheat on the weekends only with dinner Friday night and saturday night and no cheating on sunday) and have cut out 99% of my Dr. Peppers and all caffiene. I drink Spark (fruit punch) to replace my Monster addiction.
But yes I would suggest T25 to anyone that will PUSH themselves!! It's no cake walk, but around week 3 u will feel alot better. Hope this helps

#3645405 - 04/15/14 08:46 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
After doing a extra week of Alpha we started Beta last night. Core Cardio, it wasn't as bad as I was thiking it was going to be but I am sure it is gonna get rough.

#3646429 - 04/16/14 06:57 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Well did Speed 2.0 last night... A bit different from from Alpha. FAST UPTEMPO, but i like it!!!

#3646482 - 04/16/14 07:30 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Speed 2.0 is my favorite T25 workout! I can out rep Shaun T on that one now!

#3646571 - 04/16/14 08:20 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Well I can't outdo him but I hold my own... I like it also.

Going to order my Isopure (Dark Chocalate) today. How long did it take to get yours in the mail?

#3647001 - 04/16/14 01:41 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: G8rntn]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

3 days I think

#3647200 - 04/16/14 04:48 PM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: Kimber45]
VolHunter22
4 Point

Loc: Knox, TN and Cordova, TN

Sounds like y'all are killing it!
#3651329 - 04/21/14 11:43 AM Re: T25 starts this evening... [Re: VolHunter22]
G8rntn
8 Point

content Online
Got my Isopure in today... Excited to start drinking it after my workouts

Page all of 12 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30, fallshollow270
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
107 registered (TAG1, Josiah, Nyper, dh1984, TNRazorback, DKO77, 6 invisible) and 123 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88888 Topics
1039813 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.34 seconds in which 0.074 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.