Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3598941 - 02/24/14 09:55 PM Re: Predator Round-up [Re: JAD]
huntinman
10 Point

Loc: Hickman

When this Earth ends, there will still be Coyotes and Cockroaches. they have survived for hundreds of years and will continue to thrive regardless of the human toll.

#3599028 - 02/25/14 05:47 AM Re: Predator Round-up [Re: huntinman]
KPH
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tenn

Originally Posted By: huntinman
When this Earth ends, there will still be Coyotes and Cockroaches. they have survived for hundreds of years and will continue to thrive regardless of the human toll.

That may be but I am going to try an make it a few less of both.

#3601635 - 02/27/14 10:48 AM Re: Predator Round-up [Re: KPH]
Nevermind
4 Point

Loc: Noog-ish

As a rule predators seek out the weak (diseased, injured, young, old).

If you want a permanent fix try learning about the ecology of fear as related to mesopredator management.

#3601685 - 02/27/14 12:13 PM Re: Predator Round-up [Re: Nevermind]
KPH
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Nevermind
As a rule predators seek out the weak (diseased, injured, young, old).

If you want a permanent fix try learning about the ecology of fear as related to mesopredator management.

Had to look up the two dollar words. Found out there is still a lot of theory yet. So in the mean time I say kill em all. They are the invaders.

#3601716 - 02/27/14 12:45 PM Re: Predator Round-up [Re: BigGameGuy]
TheRealSpurhunter
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland & Bedford CO

Originally Posted By: BigGameGuy
And this is for what reason???

Sounds like for fun and fellowship

#3601776 - 02/27/14 01:43 PM Re: Predator Round-up [Re: TheRealSpurhunter]
BigGameGuy
TWRA Biologist
12 Point

Loc: Nashville

Originally Posted By: TheRealSpurhunter
 Originally Posted By: BigGameGuy
And this is for what reason???

Sounds like for fun and fellowship

Just try to understand how this looks to the non-hunting world (not anti-hunting - I don't care what they think). I just think "killing for fun and fellowship" will do more damage to the sport of hunting than anything else. We need more people supporting us, not less.

#3601884 - 02/27/14 03:43 PM Re: Predator Round-up [Re: BigGameGuy]
JAD
4 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro,Tennessee

Hunting IS fun, LOTS of fun. If non-hunters discovered this, they might buy a license and become hunters.
#3601974 - 02/27/14 05:28 PM Re: Predator Round-up [Re: JAD]
TNlandowner
6 Point

Loc: Carroll County

content Online
I'm all about hunter gatherings. I've had a bit of luck as well as a few disappointing hunts this week. I look forward to hearing other hunters tell their stories.

BGG,

I understand your concern about the commercialization of hunting. However, I completely disagree with your concern over our predator round up. How many non-hunters contribute to your salary, benefits, wildlife research, or game management practices? How many buy licenses and purchase special tax hunting goods?

As for trying to "understand how this looks to the non-hunting world"... I really do not care. Unless looking for a fight, why would a non-hunter read the this section? As the forum title reads, this section is dedicated to predator hunters.

We should refute anyone who disputes our lawful rights to enjoy this sport. I fought nine, yep, nine, combat tours for our traditional American beliefs. I am not afraid to proclaim my love for the outdoors or the awesome excitement of hunting... small game, fur bearers, large game, migratory birds... it is all wonderful....

Let's cut to the chase, political correctness has been devastating on American values. Has being quiet helped gun rights? (we could open this discussion into so many other areas....)

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Isaiah 6:8

#3602068 - 02/27/14 07:32 PM Re: Predator Round-up [Re: TNlandowner]
KPH
10 Point

Me I am just offended the so called non hunters mite and I say mite be offended by something I just mite do that doesn't have a dang thing to do with them. I have hit a point in life I an tired and sick having to tip toe around someone so I won't offend them. It is time I am offended instead. If anyone is offended by this then get over it life is too short as it is.

#3602091 - 02/27/14 07:50 PM Re: Predator Round-up [Re: KPH]
Nevermind
4 Point

Loc: Noog-ish

Its not offense, it's continuing a way of life. I rarely care about 'public opinion' unless it has to do with my right to bear arms... and sadly, our hobby we discuss so passionately here is often in the line of fire (pun intended). It's not political correctness... it's quite literal POLITICS. There are more of them then there are of us.

But beyond that, still... its mismanagement. Do we have too many Yotes? Maybe. Are they the reason for deer decline? Doubtful. Most of the studies citing 'deer in coyote scat' neglect to mention the volume of road kill and (during season) gut piles. If you don't like yotes being the apex predator... well, I'll just continue to say the same things. \:\)

Edited by Nevermind (02/27/14 07:53 PM)

Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Bobby G, Unicam, RUGER, Taylor, TeamTndeer, Tennessee Todd, CBU93, gtk, stretch, Cuttin Caller, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
129 registered (Bass1090, X-Tennessean, L.C. Kid, LIL JOKER, dmonty, hayden01, 15 invisible) and 145 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93117 Topics
1088266 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.118 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.