Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3597236 - 02/23/14 08:28 AM Re: coyote night hunting [Re: dovahkiin]
Grill-n-man
4 Point

Loc: rhea county tn

Personally I think it would be a good idea and would like to see it become legal. I don't understand the reasoning behind the arguments that it will cost TWRA more money and the safety argument. TWRA already has officers that work at night or are available don't they? So why would they need to increase the number of officers out at night as for the most part law abiding hunters are the same whether its daylight or dark just the same as the ones that break the law. In my opinion putting more law abiding hunters out after dark would seem to make it a little more difficult for the law breakers as they will have to become more sneaky. And as for safety, we should all know about gun safety, that doesn't change after dark. I mean we don't stop driving after dark do we? But there is and always will be a safety issue when hunting whether you as the hunter might fall from a tree stand or run up on a dope head growing or cooking. Just the same for an officer of the law, sneaking up on someone or hiding and waiting on people with guns is just as dangerous in the daylight as in the dark. So if it is a conservation issue then put it out to us.

Edited by Grill-n-man (02/23/14 08:29 AM)

#3597754 - 02/23/14 06:51 PM Re: coyote night hunting [Re: Grill-n-man]
dovahkiin
4 Point

Loc: tn

Originally Posted By: Grill-n-man
Personally I think it would be a good idea and would like to see it become legal. I don't understand the reasoning behind the arguments that it will cost TWRA more money and the safety argument. TWRA already has officers that work at night or are available don't they? So why would they need to increase the number of officers out at night as for the most part law abiding hunters are the same whether its daylight or dark just the same as the ones that break the law. In my opinion putting more law abiding hunters out after dark would seem to make it a little more difficult for the law breakers as they will have to become more sneaky. And as for safety, we should all know about gun safety, that doesn't change after dark. I mean we don't stop driving after dark do we? But there is and always will be a safety issue when hunting whether you as the hunter might fall from a tree stand or run up on a dope head growing or cooking. Just the same for an officer of the law, sneaking up on someone or hiding and waiting on people with guns is just as dangerous in the daylight as in the dark. So if it is a conservation issue then put it out to us.
i agree

#3600057 - 02/26/14 05:02 AM Re: coyote night hunting [Re: dovahkiin]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: dovahkiin
Season from mid feb. Through july 1st. Problem solved. Even poachers dont poach then.

They do in my neck of the state. Year round opportunists. \:\/

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3613053 - 03/11/14 12:17 PM Re: coyote night hunting [Re: dovahkiin]
rrhoghead
6 Point

Loc: Shelby Co.Tn.

hope it becomes legal

#3629668 - 03/29/14 09:06 AM Re: coyote night hunting [Re: rrhoghead]
jaybird62
4 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN

The biggest hurdle is changing status quo... We don't do it now, so we shouldn't do it in the future. A big reason night hunting for coyotes gets the thumbs down from TWRA is that people will hear gunfire at night and call to report it. That's why the Agency uses silencers at night to shoot deer when collecting deer for APC work during the summer. One way to fix this issue is to have all night hunters call in and get a clearance number much like a burn permit. If any numbers are issued for an area the dispatcher will be able to tell callers what's going on. No officer would have to be sent to in investigate.

If the logic was followed that night hunting is more dangerous for officers, then coon hunting should be banned. Many more officers are injured or killed during daylight hours than dark, so, statistically it doesn't hold water either.

#3655675 - 04/26/14 04:57 AM Re: coyote night hunting [Re: jaybird62]
Swampster
4 Point

Loc: Huron, TN, USA

I don't see a safety issue - at least from a private land standpoint. I also don't understand why TWRA needs more man hours, just because someone is shooting dogs at night. I don't care much for the permit idea either, unless it is for public land (maybe). It seems that way too many of the game laws are not for safety or ecology, but to make enforcement easier. Maybe, as a private land owner in a remote area, I am just not aware of a lot of the problems that exist out there?
Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Bobby G, Unicam, RUGER, Taylor, TeamTndeer, Tennessee Todd, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (TEXAS, tanker179, CAW, robinhedd, bigbuck2012) and 61 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.005 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.