Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3594764 - 02/20/14 02:24 PM Media blackout - Holder impeachment
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Has anyone noticed that there is a Resolution [1] in the U.S. House of Representatives (H.Res.411) to impeach Eric H. Holder, Jr., Attorney General of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors?

November 14, 2013, Rep. Pete (R-22-TX) officially introduced Articles of Impeachment against Holder, which had nineteen co-sponsors who are: Rep. Lynn R Westmoreland (R-3-GA), Rep. Larry Bucshon (R-8-IN), Rep. Roger Williams (R-25-TX), Rep. Ted Yoho ((R-3-FL), Rep. Randy Weber (R-14-TX), Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-27-TX), Rep. Bill Flores (R-17-TX), Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-6-MN), Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-1-TX), Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-50-CA), Rep. Mark Amodei (R-2-NV), Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-3-SC), Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-1-OK), Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-4-IN), Rep. Sam Johnson (R-3-TX), Rep. Steve Stockman (R-36-TX), Rep. K. Mitchell Conaway (R-11-TX), Rep. Phil Roe (R-1-TN), and Rep. Thomas Massie (R-4-KY).

There are four Articles of Impeachment.

Article I concerns Holder’s refusing to comply with a congressional subpoena regarding the Operation Fast and Furious investigation by Congress.

Article II concerns Holder’s refusal to enforce certain U.S. laws including: the Defense of Marriage Act, the Controlled Substances Act, and the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986.

Article III concerns Holder’s failure to prosecute individuals involved in the Internal Revenue scandal regarding tax records belonging to political donors.

Article IV concerns Holder’s testifying under oath that he neither was involved in nor had heard of a potential prosecution of the press. Whereas three days later, the Dept. of Justice released documents naming journalist James Rosen as a co-conspirator in an alleged violation of the Espionage Act. Furthermore, in a later letter to the House Committee on the Judiciary, Holder confirmed he approved of a search warrant on James Rosen.

Apparently, there seems to be a media blackout regarding the actions taken by Republican members of Congress to impeach Attorney General Holder. Also, doesn’t something seem to be amiss, i.e., why hasn’t a hearing been scheduled on those impeachment charges? Furthermore, shouldn’t a question be asked as to why House Speaker John Boehner (R-8-OH) hasn’t called for or scheduled the impeachment hearing?

The 113th Congress seems to be a do-nothing Congress. No wonder recent Rasmussen Reports reveal that only 8 % of voters think Congress is doing a good job, while 66 percent say Congress is doing poorly. Furthermore, “59% of voters believe most members of Congress are willing to sell their vote for cash or campaign contributions. Just 14% do not. Twenty-seven percent (27%) are not sure.” Moreover, “Democrats rate Congress' performance even more negatively than Republicans and unaffiliated voters do.” [2]

Another politician, who apparently wants to “go it alone” in lawmaking and also needs some serious vetting, is discussed in this extraordinary profile and commentary by Wayne Allyn Root: http://personalliberty.com/2014/02/20/is-obama-accelerating-the-collapse-of-america/ .

When will Washington’s gridlock end? When will taxpayers, voters, citizens—whatever we want to call ourselves—wake up to what’s going on in the USA? We need to get scofflaws out of office no matter which office they occupy or how high up that office happens to be. Isn’t it time to get back to rule of law, not the apparent ‘legal’ hijinks that go on more and more, day by day? Where will this entire political fiasco end, but even more so, when?

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/02/whos-trying-to-impeach-attorney-general.html

#3594801 - 02/20/14 02:58 PM Re: Media blackout - Holder impeachment [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Obama's FCC government monitors WILL make sure it NEVER makes the MSM news.

#3594940 - 02/20/14 04:39 PM Re: Media blackout - Holder impeachment [Re: Wildcat]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Without a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate, this whole thing is a waste of time. Even if the House votes to impeach, it is up to the Senate to convict. I'm not one to give the MSM a pass, but I don't see this as newsworthy.

#3595004 - 02/20/14 06:08 PM Re: Media blackout - Holder impeachment [Re: Bambi Buster]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

but without the media on it, there is no chance for a populous response and demand impeachment.

I promise you, that without a loud civilian voice, even a GOP majority will not have the B**** to do anything about it.

#3595055 - 02/20/14 06:37 PM Re: Media blackout - Holder impeachment [Re: Crappie Luck]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

I read something a few days ago that Holder was resigning. Not sure if it has anything to do with this.

Could be wrong, didn't have time to read it thoroughly and forgot about it 'til now.....

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3595152 - 02/20/14 07:52 PM Re: Media blackout - Holder impeachment [Re: preds1]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Get a rope.

#3595331 - 02/20/14 10:22 PM Re: Media blackout - Holder impeachment [Re: Crappie Luck]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
but without the media on it, there is no chance for a populous response and demand impeachment.

I promise you, that without a loud civilian voice, even a GOP majority will not have the B**** to do anything about it.

We still have, for the moment anyway, a free press. If there is such a large potential audience for truth in the media, one would think there would be such a media outlet. It's not like there aren't at least some conservatives with the $$$$ it would take to bankroll it.

I have doubts that there is a large enough conservative populist movement to make it viable. Rush and Hannity do just fine, but their audiences are as big as they're ever going to be. The results of the last two presidential elections provide ample evidence of that.

#3595397 - 02/21/14 06:04 AM Re: Media blackout - Holder impeachment [Re: Bambi Buster]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

That is far to realistic for my morning coffee. I need more unicorns and happy endings this early.

\:D

#3595435 - 02/21/14 07:01 AM Re: Media blackout - Holder impeachment [Re: Bambi Buster]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

We still have, for the moment anyway, a free press. If there is such a large potential audience for truth in the media, one would think there would be such a media outlet. It's not like there aren't at least some conservatives with the $$$$ it would take to bankroll it.

I have doubts that there is a large enough conservative populist movement to make it viable. Rush and Hannity do just fine, but their audiences are as big as they're ever going to be. The results of the last two presidential elections provide ample evidence of that.

I disagree. If you are told your entire life that the world is flat, how do you even know that you are being fed misinformation?

Once you discover that you have been lied to and manipulated systematically since birth, the market will develop and IS developing.

Our young adults and teens are becoming VERY repulsed with the realities they are facing. THAT is the next tidal wave of conservative thinking. It will take a while to mature, learn, and develop but the lies of progressivism and liberalism are ringing hollow among young adults.

Give them a source of quality information that is easy to access and digest and it will become popular. Look at fox. They do a fair job and ratings are more than DOUBLE that of the next closest competitor.

IMO Fox appeals to conservatives because that is the ONLY MSM outlet with even the slightest conservative bent. It is NOT a pure conservative outlet. Horribaldo has a show on there for crying out loud.

People are waking up and beginning to search for honest information. That is why the MSM propaganda outlets ratings are in the tank and internet news sources are taking off.

#3595440 - 02/21/14 07:05 AM Re: Media blackout - Holder impeachment [Re: fishboy1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
 Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

I disagree. If you are told your entire life that the world is flat, how do you even know that you are being fed misinformation?

Once you discover that you have been lied to and manipulated systematically since birth, the market will develop and IS developing.

Our young adults and teens are becoming VERY repulsed with the realities they are facing. THAT is the next tidal wave of conservative thinking. It will take a while to mature, learn, and develop but the lies of progressivism and liberalism are ringing hollow among young adults.

Give them a source of quality information that is easy to access and digest and it will become popular. Look at fox. They do a fair job and ratings are more than DOUBLE that of the next closest competitor.

IMO Fox appeals to conservatives because that is the ONLY MSM outlet with even the slightest conservative bent. It is NOT a pure conservative outlet. Horribaldo has a show on there for crying out loud.

People are waking up and beginning to search for honest information. That is why the MSM propaganda outlets ratings are in the tank and internet news sources are taking off.

THAT is the very reason Obama wants to put monitors in newsrooms, to keep that from happening. That's what they did in Germany in the 1930's.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
8 registered (buckslayerr, Prowler, tn droptine, rabbit hunter, Bow Hunter, darn2ten) and 61 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93069 Topics
1087565 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.107 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.