Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3588269 - 02/15/14 08:07 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: DixieCrafter]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

$1,350...whew. They better guarantee a few ASA wins. lol

Seriously, its funny that I'm hesitant about ordering one for that price when I'm the same guy that laid down $3500 for a metal detector and never batted an eye. lol

But I did learn one thing about that metal detector experience. Everybody I priced checked them with, gave me different prices and swore they were selling them as low as they could possibly sell them at. I heard prices from $4,700 down to $3,500 and everywhere in between. I'm betting these bows are gonna be the same way.

#3588402 - 02/15/14 09:36 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

Loc: Mid-TN

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator
$1,350...whew. They better guarantee a few ASA wins. lol

Seriously, its funny that I'm hesitant about ordering one for that price when I'm the same guy that laid down $3500 for a metal detector and never batted an eye. lol

But I did learn one thing about that metal detector experience. Everybody I priced checked them with, gave me different prices and swore they were selling them as low as they could possibly sell them at. I heard prices from $4,700 down to $3,500 and everywhere in between. I'm betting these bows are gonna be the same way.

What brand metal detector????

Hoyt bows are priced way more competitively than the metal detectors! From the highest to the lowest dealer pricing for the PCE was about $150.00 difference when I price shopped them! If you think the Hoyts are high check out the prices of the German OK Archery models! They start at about $1800.00 and I saw a bunch of them at the FL Pro/AM, but I saw way more of the Hoyt PCE being lugged around. The top three at Vegas last week were shooting the PCE! The guy who finished 4th you probably never heard of was a guy named Levi Morgan shooting a no-name bow you've never heard of an Elite Energy 35! \:\/

We all know it's the shooter and not the bow, but some bows make it easier for us shooters who are nothing more than mortal men!

Btw, did your $3500.00 metal detector come with a lifetime warranty? Did it guarantee you that you would find what you paid for it in treasure? I still want to know what brand cost that much???????

#3588477 - 02/15/14 10:32 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: DixieCrafter]
UTGrad
16 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

What happened to the 3 other bows you bought Crow?
#3588678 - 02/15/14 02:10 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: UTGrad]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Dixie -- The detector was a Minelab GPX 5000. I guess you could say that Minelab is the Hoyt of the metal detector world. The GPX is a specialized gold machine that we started using to Civil War relic hunt because it punches super deep into all ground types, including this particular region of TN, north GA, and northern Virginia. It has just a 2 yr warranty. No guarantees but it did have one thing working in its favor that you can't do with a bow...top notch performance from one person to the other. I never would have bought one had it not been for walking up on my buddy at a Civil War winter camp, and finding him laying on his side with his arm down in a hole past his elbow. I talked to him while he was digging...he had a GPX and I did not. He asked me if I could help pinpoint the target with my machine...my detector was a high end detector at the time, and I couldn't hear anything at all. He let me run his detector over the hole and sure enough...a good signal right where he had the hole dug. I had to stick around to see what it was. After a few more minutes digging, I watched him dig a SINGLE .58 CAL MINIE BALL from a hole up to his arm pit. If I had not watched him do that and heard that signal for myself, I wouldn't have ever believed it. As soon as I got home, I had my unit for sale and was finding a GPX to buy. I had mine for a little over a yr and paid for itself. Ended up getting out of the hobby for a while and sold mine; but I got out of it, the same amount that I had originally paid for mine. They raised the cost of 'em now...they are more like $4700 or so. If I ever got back in it heavy again...I'd have another one.
#3588693 - 02/15/14 02:18 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

UT --- The 3 bows are all gone. I had my great big shoot off, in which I found the one I shot best out of the 3. The other two got sold and traded for my Open setup. One of them I traded for a Axcel AX3000 sight with Viper scope, two different power lens, and LP Light kit. The other one I sold and used the money to get a target stabilizer set and Stan Shootoff release with...in which I did cringe when I spent that amount of money for nothing more than a 28" front bar, 12" back bar, weights, mount, and disconnects.

I honestly can't believe I have this much wrapped up in accessories for the bow.

#3588720 - 02/15/14 02:40 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
UTGrad
16 Point

Man Id love to have a PCE but looks like I'm going to continue to be a one bow guy for right now. That's why I got the Spyder Turbo, it's a great recreation target/ hunting bow.

Crow what's going to be your hunting rig?

#3588726 - 02/15/14 02:42 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
UTGrad
16 Point

UT --- The 3 bows are all gone. I had my great big shoot off, in which I found the one I shot best out of the 3. The other two got sold and traded for my Open setup. One of them I traded for a Axcel AX3000 sight with Viper scope, two different power lens, and LP Light kit. The other one I sold and used the money to get a target stabilizer set and Stan Shootoff release with...in which I did cringe when I spent that amount of money for nothing more than a 28" front bar, 12" back bar, weights, mount, and disconnects.

I honestly can't believe I have this much wrapped up in accessories for the bow.

I had a Stan Shootoff last year... Excellent thumb trigger. Did you get the 3 or 4 finger? Medium or large?

#3588991 - 02/15/14 06:35 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: UTGrad]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Originally Posted By: UTGrad

I actually don't plan on hunting with a bow. To be honest, I kind of lost the desire to want to bow hunt. I've found that I enjoy muzzleloader hunting and rifle hunting much more these days. Deer with a bow used to give me the ole thump thump of the heart...now days the only thing that does that, is pulling into a Pro/Am archery shoot.

Regarding the Stan. I got a 4 finger medium. Its not came in as of yet. A few yrs ago I had an SX2 in Medium that fit me pretty well. I got this one used off the classifieds for a good price. I really wanted a 3 finger but couldn't pass the 4 finger up for the price.

#3589309 - 02/15/14 11:16 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

Loc: Mid-TN

Originally Posted By: UTGrad

Deer with a bow used to give me the ole thump thump of the heart...now days the only thing that does that, is pulling into a Pro/Am archery shoot.

It's a thrilling feeling when you get to a Pro/Am and see so many people toting a bow...WOW!

#3591025 - 02/17/14 03:55 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: DixieCrafter]
burninpowder
Spike

Loc: middle tn

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2193257

Saw this one for sale a few minutes ago.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible) and 90 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.