Tndeer Logo

Page all of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#3587142 - 02/14/14 08:24 AM Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

For you Hoyt guys...what are the Pro Comp Elite bows going for in your shop of choice? I'm sort of price checking around for one with 60# limbs and 28" SpiralX cams. Not sure if colors make any difference or not in the price; I'd like it to be black but sometimes black is extra $ for some reason.

I'm hearing $1,199 before taxes but was wondering if there was a price difference from dealer to dealer.

#3587154 - 02/14/14 08:33 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
Bowtech Man
4 Point

Loc: White Oak Mountain

Colors ,string/cables, and riser upgrades are extra.Yes blk is extra. The price is also wrong, it's more along the lines of $1300 plus upgrades.
#3587183 - 02/14/14 08:59 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Bowtech Man]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

So in other words, you're saying the one I found for $1,200 is a good price?
#3587414 - 02/14/14 12:35 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

Loc: Mid-TN

If you can buy a Hoyt PCE for $1199.00 you better jump on it right now! I just bought one after price shopping dozens of dealers in 4 states and couldn't buy one at that price!

I paid a base price of $1349.00 and that will get you the basic textured black wrinkle finish. Add $100.00 for the target color orange anodizing and now we're at $1449.00 then add 6% KY state sales tax for a grand total of $1535.94!

Edited by DixieCrafter (02/14/14 12:36 PM)

#3587663 - 02/14/14 04:47 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
UTGrad
16 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator
So in other words, you're saying the one I found for $1,200 is a good price?

Very good price : )

#3587902 - 02/14/14 07:57 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: UTGrad]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Does it make a price difference if it is the XL version? The one I found is in a shop; its a pearl white XL version with 60# limbs. I wasn't really wanting the XL. If anybody is interested I can tell you where this one is. I'm not a fan of the pearl white or the XL model.
#3588183 - 02/15/14 06:43 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

If I would have took an earlier lunch break tonight, I would be the owner of a 2013 black PCE with 60# limbs and spirals. It about made me sick when I logged into to Archery Talk and saw that ad. I got my tax return back this week and have been sitting like a buzzard on a limb waiting on one to show up on the classifieds...and when it did, I missed it by mere minutes. I still tried to snag it though. It ain't over til it's closed and sold. LOL. I offered to pay $50 for the shipping if he sold it to me. I want one of these bows in a bad way now.

Another question...are they cheaper if you get one in camo, or are they still in that same ball park price range?

#3588222 - 02/15/14 07:29 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
UTGrad
16 Point

Do they offer the PCE in camo?
#3588227 - 02/15/14 07:32 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: UTGrad]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Originally Posted By: UTGrad
Do they offer the PCE in camo?

I've saw a couple on Archery Talk in AP Snow...so I'm assuming they do.

#3588245 - 02/15/14 07:46 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

Does it make a price difference if it is the XL version? The one I found is in a shop; its a pearl white XL version with 60# limbs. I wasn't really wanting the XL. If anybody is interested I can tell you where this one is. I'm not a fan of the pearl white or the XL model.

$1349.00 is the entry price for a PCE in my area in any color as long as it's black or camo! Want another color the price goes up from there!

Edited by DixieCrafter (02/15/14 07:47 AM)

#3588269 - 02/15/14 08:07 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: DixieCrafter]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

$1,350...whew. They better guarantee a few ASA wins. lol

Seriously, its funny that I'm hesitant about ordering one for that price when I'm the same guy that laid down $3500 for a metal detector and never batted an eye. lol

But I did learn one thing about that metal detector experience. Everybody I priced checked them with, gave me different prices and swore they were selling them as low as they could possibly sell them at. I heard prices from $4,700 down to $3,500 and everywhere in between. I'm betting these bows are gonna be the same way.

#3588402 - 02/15/14 09:36 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

$1,350...whew. They better guarantee a few ASA wins. lol

Seriously, its funny that I'm hesitant about ordering one for that price when I'm the same guy that laid down $3500 for a metal detector and never batted an eye. lol

But I did learn one thing about that metal detector experience. Everybody I priced checked them with, gave me different prices and swore they were selling them as low as they could possibly sell them at. I heard prices from $4,700 down to $3,500 and everywhere in between. I'm betting these bows are gonna be the same way.

What brand metal detector????

Hoyt bows are priced way more competitively than the metal detectors! From the highest to the lowest dealer pricing for the PCE was about $150.00 difference when I price shopped them! If you think the Hoyts are high check out the prices of the German OK Archery models! They start at about $1800.00 and I saw a bunch of them at the FL Pro/AM, but I saw way more of the Hoyt PCE being lugged around. The top three at Vegas last week were shooting the PCE! The guy who finished 4th you probably never heard of was a guy named Levi Morgan shooting a no-name bow you've never heard of an Elite Energy 35! \:\/

We all know it's the shooter and not the bow, but some bows make it easier for us shooters who are nothing more than mortal men!

Btw, did your $3500.00 metal detector come with a lifetime warranty? Did it guarantee you that you would find what you paid for it in treasure? I still want to know what brand cost that much???????

#3588477 - 02/15/14 10:32 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: DixieCrafter]
UTGrad
16 Point

What happened to the 3 other bows you bought Crow?
#3588678 - 02/15/14 02:10 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: UTGrad]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Dixie -- The detector was a Minelab GPX 5000. I guess you could say that Minelab is the Hoyt of the metal detector world. The GPX is a specialized gold machine that we started using to Civil War relic hunt because it punches super deep into all ground types, including this particular region of TN, north GA, and northern Virginia. It has just a 2 yr warranty. No guarantees but it did have one thing working in its favor that you can't do with a bow...top notch performance from one person to the other. I never would have bought one had it not been for walking up on my buddy at a Civil War winter camp, and finding him laying on his side with his arm down in a hole past his elbow. I talked to him while he was digging...he had a GPX and I did not. He asked me if I could help pinpoint the target with my machine...my detector was a high end detector at the time, and I couldn't hear anything at all. He let me run his detector over the hole and sure enough...a good signal right where he had the hole dug. I had to stick around to see what it was. After a few more minutes digging, I watched him dig a SINGLE .58 CAL MINIE BALL from a hole up to his arm pit. If I had not watched him do that and heard that signal for myself, I wouldn't have ever believed it. As soon as I got home, I had my unit for sale and was finding a GPX to buy. I had mine for a little over a yr and paid for itself. Ended up getting out of the hobby for a while and sold mine; but I got out of it, the same amount that I had originally paid for mine. They raised the cost of 'em now...they are more like $4700 or so. If I ever got back in it heavy again...I'd have another one.
#3588693 - 02/15/14 02:18 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

UT --- The 3 bows are all gone. I had my great big shoot off, in which I found the one I shot best out of the 3. The other two got sold and traded for my Open setup. One of them I traded for a Axcel AX3000 sight with Viper scope, two different power lens, and LP Light kit. The other one I sold and used the money to get a target stabilizer set and Stan Shootoff release with...in which I did cringe when I spent that amount of money for nothing more than a 28" front bar, 12" back bar, weights, mount, and disconnects.

I honestly can't believe I have this much wrapped up in accessories for the bow.

#3588720 - 02/15/14 02:40 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
UTGrad
16 Point

Man Id love to have a PCE but looks like I'm going to continue to be a one bow guy for right now. That's why I got the Spyder Turbo, it's a great recreation target/ hunting bow.

Crow what's going to be your hunting rig?

#3588726 - 02/15/14 02:42 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
UTGrad
16 Point

UT --- The 3 bows are all gone. I had my great big shoot off, in which I found the one I shot best out of the 3. The other two got sold and traded for my Open setup. One of them I traded for a Axcel AX3000 sight with Viper scope, two different power lens, and LP Light kit. The other one I sold and used the money to get a target stabilizer set and Stan Shootoff release with...in which I did cringe when I spent that amount of money for nothing more than a 28" front bar, 12" back bar, weights, mount, and disconnects.

I honestly can't believe I have this much wrapped up in accessories for the bow.

I had a Stan Shootoff last year... Excellent thumb trigger. Did you get the 3 or 4 finger? Medium or large?

#3588991 - 02/15/14 06:35 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: UTGrad]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

I actually don't plan on hunting with a bow. To be honest, I kind of lost the desire to want to bow hunt. I've found that I enjoy muzzleloader hunting and rifle hunting much more these days. Deer with a bow used to give me the ole thump thump of the heart...now days the only thing that does that, is pulling into a Pro/Am archery shoot.

Regarding the Stan. I got a 4 finger medium. Its not came in as of yet. A few yrs ago I had an SX2 in Medium that fit me pretty well. I got this one used off the classifieds for a good price. I really wanted a 3 finger but couldn't pass the 4 finger up for the price.

#3589309 - 02/15/14 11:16 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

Deer with a bow used to give me the ole thump thump of the heart...now days the only thing that does that, is pulling into a Pro/Am archery shoot.

It's a thrilling feeling when you get to a Pro/Am and see so many people toting a bow...WOW!

#3591025 - 02/17/14 03:55 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: DixieCrafter]
burninpowder
Spike

Loc: middle tn

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2193257

Saw this one for sale a few minutes ago.

#3591796 - 02/18/14 07:50 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

I actually just picked up a 2014 in Cobalt blue for $1,000. I am very happy!! It has GTX cams instead of Spirals but I'm happy.
#3592987 - 02/19/14 12:35 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

I actually just picked up a 2014 in Cobalt blue for $1,000. I am very happy!! It has GTX cams instead of Spirals but I'm happy.

Do I have this right, after all the debate and discussion you settle for a PCE with GTX cams? WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT? Duh?

If you decide to keep it, and would like a spiral like cam feel you can order a spiral draw stop and set it one hole short for higher let-off and harder wall!

#3593100 - 02/19/14 07:08 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: DixieCrafter]
UTGrad
16 Point

Crow,

Congrats and post pics! I was surprised you got the GTX cams over the Spirals but if you're happy that's all that matters.

#3593333 - 02/19/14 10:22 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: UTGrad]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Well the thing is...I wanted the PCE. I knew the PCE was going to cost me $1,300+ for any color with any cam. So when I saw that one in one of my favorite colors for $1,000, I went ahead and got it. My reasoning is this...the bow itself is what costs the big dollars. So I have that now. I can get a set of Spiral cams off ArcheryTalk or get a new set from a Hoyt dealer too...they run about $50 used. And then I think I will have to get a diff length string/cable set to fit the Spirals, but hey, we ALL shoot after market strings/cables anyway. So even then, that's just a total of about $120 more for the string/cable and cams. Which would put me in a nearly brand new 2014 PCE for basically $1,100. Which beats the devil out of paying $1,300+tax for one.

That's why I got this one \:\)

#3594169 - 02/19/14 10:28 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

Well the thing is...I wanted the PCE. I knew the PCE was going to cost me $1,300+ for any color with any cam. So when I saw that one in one of my favorite colors for $1,000, I went ahead and got it. My reasoning is this...the bow itself is what costs the big dollars. So I have that now. I can get a set of Spiral cams off ArcheryTalk or get a new set from a Hoyt dealer too...they run about $50 used. And then I think I will have to get a diff length string/cable set to fit the Spirals, but hey, we ALL shoot after market strings/cables anyway. So even then, that's just a total of about $120 more for the string/cable and cams. Which would put me in a nearly brand new 2014 PCE for basically $1,100. Which beats the devil out of paying $1,300+tax for one.

That's why I got this one \:\)

I understand your logic completely and thought along the same lines when I was shopping for my PCE. I couldn't find a bow with my specs and I wasn't fond of the $200.00 plus price of changing out the cams, threads and maybe even the limbs. The limbs have to be changed sometimes if when you hit the weight you are looking for!

Where's the pics?? Let me know what you think of the bow and GTX cams!

#3594368 - 02/20/14 07:55 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: DixieCrafter]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

I may get down the road and decide I should have just waited on one with Spirals but I think I came out ahead by doing it this way. Like I said, everybody that I know that is serious about shooting bows, will ditch the stock strings on a bow anyway. So that was a gimme even if I bought a brand new bow. I will just order a set from my favorite string builder like I would have anyways...and just have him build it for the Spiral X specs.

The draw weight issue is iffy for me and my biggest concern. This one has 60# limbs on it for GTX cam system but from what I've researched, going to Spiral Xs will reduce my draw weight between 6 and 10 lbs...which would put me in the 50-54 pound peak weight zone. If the Spirals were a 75-80% let off, this would be a major issue for me and would not work. But since they are 65%...that still puts me with a decent holding weight. There seems to be more limbs on the classifieds than the cams...looks like #4 Spiral Xs are gonna be harder to find than what I thought. They get grabbed up extremely fast.

I haven't got the bow in yet. He just shipped it yesterday. Its due here Friday. But here are a couple of the pics he had in his ad:

#3594579 - 02/20/14 11:11 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

I like it! I hope it turns in to a real shooter for you!!!

#3595180 - 02/20/14 08:18 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: DixieCrafter]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Nice lookin rig!

#3595207 - 02/20/14 08:35 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Pinwheeled
4 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

What is the draw like with the GTX cams? That's about the only Hoyt cam I've never shot. I'm a big spiral fan myself. In fact, I just picked up a 2011 Burner from the classifieds.

Good looking rig, Crow.

#3665018 - 05/07/14 04:43 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Pinwheeled]
UTGrad
16 Point

Bump lol
#3665304 - 05/07/14 09:52 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: UTGrad]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Yep. Here's the catch to all of this: I already have a set of spiral cams for the bow. I had a string/cable set coming but changed my order to make it for the GTX cams. In the mean time I thought I would just try the GTX cams and that's where I am now. I am shooting this bow incredibly well. And I'm smart enough to leave well enough alone. I do not want to take this bow in mid tournament season with it shooting like it is, and start adjusting to a new cam system and all that good stuff. After the ASA Classic, I will either over haul this bow and convert it over or have a duplicate Pro Comp Elite with the Spirals. Right now I'm afraid to even put it in a press to get my draw length back in spec...afraid I will mess something up. Lol
#3665448 - 05/08/14 07:48 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
UTGrad
16 Point

Glad it's paying off Crow. Sounds like you're shooting really well.
#3665590 - 05/08/14 11:43 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: UTGrad]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

It sure has made a big difference in my shooting. I shoot about 3 tournaments a month, and I got this bow in mid February, and my first tournament with it, I shot 16 up and won first place in my class. Since then...I have won just about every shoot I have shot in. If I didn't win first, I was in 2nd in the local ones. I finished 3rd with it down at the Tuscaloosa ASA shoot back in March. I took all my scores for the year and averaged it out; my average is 212 on 20 target ASA courses with this bow. That is saying a lot considering last yr, if I shot 10-12 up, I thought I was setting it on fire. Now it has became my average. I'm still working out some things...I can get a high 12 count but I have several 8s to go with it, and thus cancels out some of those 12s.

I do know that of all the target archers out there that have a Hoyt bow, it will have Spiral cams on it if they are shooting with money on the line. That can't be just coincidence. There truly has to be something about those cams that they are liking and I intend on finding out...but not for a few more months \:\)

#3666180 - 05/09/14 06:30 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

Just think where you might be if you had started out with spirals on your PCE? I had to throw that out there for a tease! You need to hurry up and be done with that known yardage class your're in, unless you're going to shoot K-45? Sometimes it would be nice to shoot it all known vs all unknown!

#3666590 - 05/09/14 02:24 PM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: DixieCrafter]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

I haven't decided yet on where I'm going next in ASA. The most common sense would be K45 but I've shot from their stake at local shoots a time or two this year, trying to get a feel for it. And I must say...if I shoot the scores at an ASA like I did shooting locally from their stake...I am in trouble. Big trouble. From that stake, I'm looking at 6-8 up per 20 target round. And if I do that twice in the weekend...that's only 16 up at best. And it takes 20+ up per round to place in K45. That's how far off the pace I am for that class. Those guys would lap me. They could miss a target or two and still come out ahead of me. Open B is an option with half/half but I'm not sharp on the yardage guessing beyond about 30 yards. I've been practicing yardage guessing and most of the time I'm pretty close. But when I'm off...I'm off big. I remember one shoot that had a coyote at like 33 yards. I guesstimated that thing at 40, and no less. When I ranged it, I couldn't believe it was that close and thought my range finder was mis reading on something closer to me than the target. I could probably do decent on the known side of Open B but I feel I would struggle to shoot even on the unknown side.
#3757090 - 09/08/14 11:44 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: Crow Terminator]
pseshooter300
8 Point

Loc: kingsport

I know this is a older thread but I was quoted 1250? About three weeks ago.
#3758013 - 09/09/14 08:35 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: pseshooter300]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

Originally Posted By: pseshooter300
I know this is a older thread but I was quoted 1250? About three weeks ago.

That's an awesome price!

#3758146 - 09/09/14 09:54 AM Re: Hoyt Pro Comp Elite prices [Re: DixieCrafter]
burninpowder
Spike

Loc: middle tn

I have a mint Pro Comp Elite if you are interested in it.

Page all of 4 1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
11 registered (laserman, Bulldog25, 88Mic, cooper3, trevor2010, robinhedd) and 67 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.009 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.