Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#3578163 - 02/06/14 06:45 PM Re: Would you shoot a big cat if you saw it? [Re: Nealmeally]
A.Hall
Formerly "Spoon"
Non-Typical

Loc: Bartlett, TN

Originally Posted By: Nealmeally
 Originally Posted By: Rockhound
 Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311
Kill one and you face state and federal charges. I believe the federal charges carry something like a ten year prison sentence for killing one. So if you all are really that scared of something that is more afraid of you, want to stop the repopulation of an amazing mega species that was eradicated in TN because of unfounded fear, have the massive amount of money to throw away on the fine, and are bored with life and want to experience a decade in a federal penitentiary, then by all means, kill one when you see it.

Would never happen

I agree.. Like I said, how can they prove it wasn't fixing to attack you???

Like they told me out west hunting elk, if you kill a Grizzly, you better have marks on you or face a very heavy fine and jail te

#3578172 - 02/06/14 06:52 PM Re: Would you shoot a big cat if you saw it? [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Nealmeally
8 Point

Loc: TN

People get paid big money to investigate those sorts of things. I guess I can't understand that philosophy anyway. Why would you wanna lie about that? People on here whine and complain all the time about liberals and obama lying. Why would you want to go and do the very thing you complain about? It does not much matter the situation you lie in. Just because it suits your needs does not make it right. It's called honor, people.

I never said I would lie.. I was just wondering how they'd prove it wasn't going to attack you. Self defense is if you were in fear of your life..Right??

And what does Obama and liberals have to do with killing a mountain that may or may not attack you??? Obama being brought up in any discussion is a bad idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3578181 - 02/06/14 06:57 PM Re: Would you shoot a big cat if you saw it? [Re: DIRTTRAX]
SALTMAN
8 Point

Loc: Cadiz Ky

I have seen a couple out west while elk hunting and they are afraid of humans , generally. Like BSK said familarity breeds contempt . I think also a number of the attacks have been made by older cats that have lost some of their ability to capture/kill their normal prey. Never have had the desire to kill one legally sure wouldn't do it the other way .
Now loose running house cats ,, saw last week on Nashville tv station someone was brought up on animal cruelty charges for killing a neighbors fluffy ,, shot with a .22 pellet .. shuda used a 22 short! Then it wouldnt have made it home .

#3578183 - 02/06/14 07:00 PM Re: Would you shoot a big cat if you saw it? [Re: Nealmeally]
Camp David
12 Point

Loc: TN

How can they prove it wasn't self defense if only you and the big cat were there..????

Maybe it would have something to do with where the bullet hole was? Anything short of a direct on head or chest shot would be questionable, right?

#3578189 - 02/06/14 07:02 PM Re: Would you shoot a big cat if you saw it? [Re: Nealmeally]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

People get paid big money to investigate those sorts of things. I guess I can't understand that philosophy anyway. Why would you wanna lie about that? People on here whine and complain all the time about liberals and obama lying. Why would you want to go and do the very thing you complain about? It does not much matter the situation you lie in. Just because it suits your needs does not make it right. It's called honor, people.

I never said I would lie.. I was just wondering how they'd prove it wasn't going to attack you. Self defense is if you were in fear of your life..Right??

And what does Obama and liberals have to do with killing a mountain that may or may not attack you??? Obama being brought up in any discussion is a bad idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF one were to lie about killing a big cat by saying it were in self defense when it was not, then that individual would be lying like the liberals and obama do, which everyone complains about. And I think the "I felt threatened for my life" statement needs to have a little more evidence to back that up. Otherwise, people could kill anything and anyone at any time as long as they say that they were in fear for their lives.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3578192 - 02/06/14 07:04 PM Re: Would you shoot a big cat if you saw it? [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

yes i would

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3578222 - 02/06/14 07:23 PM Re: Would you shoot a big cat if you saw it? [Re: Deer Assassin]
duckriver
8 Point

Loc: River Bottom

content Online
I wouldn't unless I knew is was after me and I had a slim chance of getting away. Or it had gotten one of my cattle down. Which I doubt it would do with so much other stuff around here to eat. I will not lie. The other side of me says shoot it to prove that it was here and take my chances but it would be cool to see. I have several neighbors that swear they have seen them. Who knows.

#3578227 - 02/06/14 07:27 PM Re: Would you shoot a big cat if you saw it? [Re: duckriver]
SALTMAN
8 Point

Loc: Cadiz Ky

guess some mod didn't like my comment . it got catnapped !
#3578372 - 02/06/14 09:39 PM Re: Would you shoot a big cat if you saw it? [Re: Poser]
Planking
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Poser

Mountain Lion is supposed to be fantastic meat.
Its pretty tasty if you can get over im eating a cat.

#3578458 - 02/07/14 04:46 AM Re: Would you shoot a big cat if you saw it? [Re: Planking]
taximan
8 Point

Loc: Indiana

mtn lion backstrap was the best meat i ever ate!!

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  Cuttin Caller, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, BigGameGuy, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, scn 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
183 registered (doubledownranch, Dodge Man, duckriver, TNlandowner, jr450r, Gonefishing2, 23 invisible) and 233 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95777 Topics
1121302 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.365 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.