Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3570121 - 01/31/14 06:34 PM Re: TWRA [Re: ]
ewc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Steve (scn) is a valuable asset to this site. I've got his contact info, so all is good with me.

I don't post much, but the site is less if he's not here. I consider him a friend and I would like to hunt with him one day.

-Judd

#3570124 - 01/31/14 06:35 PM Re: TWRA [Re: ]
LUNGBLOOD
4 Point

Loc: Soddy Daisy

Ruger, is there anything being done to try and get SCN back? The best campfire on the internet will not be the same without him. What the heck happened?
#3570199 - 01/31/14 07:46 PM Re: TWRA [Re: LUNGBLOOD]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Based on what I know SCN is always welcome here. Hopefully he'll take a well deserved vacation and come back soon.

It's very very easy to feel shin-kicked when you work very hard at something for Free and it appears you get little respect in the same place you're giving your time away.

It's also very easy for us to give our "opinions" without realizing the consequences (something I've done FAR too often as well)

I always appreciated his help and hope he feels comfortable coming back soon

#3570255 - 01/31/14 08:37 PM Re: TWRA [Re: Kimber45]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

Yep he is a great asset and friend of many, including me on this site. Huge loss to us all.

#3570298 - 01/31/14 09:07 PM Re: TWRA [Re: timberjack86]
outdoors crazy
4 Point

Loc: Northern Middle Tennessee

It was great to have someone sort out the gray areas to keep us on the right side of the law
#3570320 - 01/31/14 09:30 PM Re: TWRA [Re: outdoors crazy]
lockandloaded
4 Point

Loc: west tn

I have to say I have never asked scn a question on here, and don't know him. But I sure will miss his knowledge. I have sat numerous time and read through posts learning things from him. He has also been the topic of several conversations of mine out side of this sight. I have caught myself time and time again saying "Well scn on tndeer said.... And he is the man". Lol. So I agree he will be greatly missed and hope he comes back.

I read this site everyday/all day and there are so many people on here I respect and talk about that I have never met. This is the best site on the net. I hope a few that might "type before they think" don't ruin it for us. By running off some of the valuable assets

#3570340 - 01/31/14 09:44 PM Re: TWRA [Re: outdoors crazy]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

At one time, we had several TWRA officers that freely answered the questions that were posted in this forum. One by one, they were ridiculed, challenged, insulted and worst of all made to feel like they did not belong.

As his colleagues dropped by the wayside, SCN kept a stiff upper lip and forged on. SCN seemed to be the thickest skinned and longest suffering of the group. He answered our questions daily and kept his answers civil and informative.

The beating went on for years. Someone would ask a question. SCN would answer it to the best of his ability. Then someone else would post a smart remark and the rest of Jackals and Hyenas would come out of hiding to join the carnage. It got ridiculous!

SCN, a true friend of Tndeer.com, was made to feel like he did not belong here anymore. Not by dirty looks or threatening gestures, but by the keyboards of the very people he was trying to help by answering their questions. Remarks that would have not dare been uttered in his presence were typed from the safety of faraway places. SCN deserved far better than he got from several of our members.

#3570364 - 01/31/14 10:13 PM Re: TWRA [Re: Kirk]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Kirk
At one time, we had several TWRA officers that freely answered the questions that were posted in this forum. One by one, they were ridiculed, challenged, insulted and worst of all made to feel like they did not belong.

As his colleagues dropped by the wayside, SCN kept a stiff upper lip and forged on. SCN seemed to be the thickest skinned and longest suffering of the group. He answered our questions daily and kept his answers civil and informative.

The beating went on for years. Someone would ask a question. SCN would answer it to the best of his ability. Then someone else would post a smart remark and the rest of Jackals and Hyenas would come out of hiding to join the carnage. It got ridiculous!

SCN, a true friend of Tndeer.com, was made to feel like he did not belong here anymore. Not by dirty looks or threatening gestures, but by the keyboards of the very people he was trying to help by answering their questions. Remarks that would have not dare been uttered in his presence were typed from the safety of faraway places. SCN deserved far better than he got from several of our members.

Even the most loyal of sheepdogs, if beaten often enough, will seek other pastures.

#3570410 - 01/31/14 11:05 PM Re: TWRA [Re: feisty red head]
BigGameGuy Moderator
TWRA Biologist
12 Point

Loc: Nashville

Not gone either...just busy as all get out.

#3570499 - 02/01/14 05:41 AM Re: TWRA [Re: BigGameGuy]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

I've just got to say that I appreciate each one of our TWRA officials and the time they spend here helping us better understand the laws and regs. Big kudos to you all, and thanks for what you do here, and out there.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Cuttin Caller, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, BigGameGuy, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, scn 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
171 registered (gecko7, jumpmaster21, Mossy Oak, JCS, SEC, coweye, 13 invisible) and 188 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93261 Topics
1088991 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.3 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.