Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3532978 - 01/05/14 11:32 PM Re: Al Qaeda has retaken Fallujah [Re: UTGrad]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: UTGrad
The good news is people there are rising up against ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant). In Syria the local populations are turning against ISIL and in Iraq tribal leaders are going to get rid of them.

Very few people like Al Qaeda or their affiliates. When they take control they are brutal and rule with an iron fist. They will be wiped out shortly by either the Iraqi army or local tribes.

I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

#3533124 - 01/06/14 07:24 AM Re: Al Qaeda has retaken Fallujah [Re: Bambi Buster]
Big Ben
10 Point

Loc: North of Nashville across the ...

content Online
Sounds like another war we were involved with back in the 60's.

The US military as well equipped as they are have never been good at fighting a UN-Uniformed enemy. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones over there for no good reason.

#3533161 - 01/06/14 07:52 AM Re: Al Qaeda has retaken Fallujah [Re: Big Ben]
UTGrad
14 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

content Online
Bambi Buster it was Iraqi tribal leaders that created the "Awakening Councils" that fought Al Qaeda during the surge. There are Iraqis that don't like Al Qaeda. Granted they aren't equipped like our military but they will fight.
#3533182 - 01/06/14 08:03 AM Re: Al Qaeda has retaken Fallujah [Re: Big Ben]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Yes it does sound like Vietnam.

The problem with both was we never were allowed to hit the enemy with everything EVERYWHERE he was like in WW II.

Look where we attacked in both the air and on the ground. We hit North Africa because the Germans were there, we hit each island because the Japanese were there. We bombed and fired on France and France citizens killing thousands of them because the Germans were there.

Yet not one person in the United States protested about the "escalating" of the war like they did in Vietnam.

Just think about the protests if the US was to hit every country al Qaeda was in with troops on the ground like in WW II.

The US military did not lose a single battle in the Vietnam war, we lost the war at home and that is what our leaders fear the most.

#3533258 - 01/06/14 08:56 AM Re: Al Qaeda has retaken Fallujah [Re: Wildcat]
UTGrad
14 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat

The US military did not lose a single battle in the Vietnam war,...

I agree with your post but we did lose some engagements in the Vietnam war, not many but we weren't 100%.

#3533560 - 01/06/14 11:37 AM Re: Al Qaeda has retaken Fallujah [Re: UTGrad]
UTGrad
14 Point

content Online
The battle has begun. The Iraqi army and tribes against ISIL have started the fight to retake Fallujah and Ramadi. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I wouldn't be surprised if we provide some level of air cover in a covert capacity.
#3533596 - 01/06/14 12:01 PM Re: Al Qaeda has retaken Fallujah [Re: UTGrad]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I agree with your post but we did lose some engagements in the Vietnam war, not many but we weren't 100%.

Can you name them??

#3533601 - 01/06/14 12:05 PM Re: Al Qaeda has retaken Fallujah [Re: Wildcat]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

content Online

Can you name them??

There were many, time has blurred this fact, but the history is still there. Here is a list of some. Not all were considered true battles/engagements.

http://www.g2mil.com/lost_vietnam.htm

Edited by Unicam (01/06/14 12:05 PM)

John 15:13

#3533643 - 01/06/14 12:28 PM Re: Al Qaeda has retaken Fallujah [Re: Unicam]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Unicam

Can you name them??

There were many, time has blurred this fact, but the history is still there. Here is a list of some. Not all were considered true battles/engagements.

http://www.g2mil.com/lost_vietnam.htm

Did you ever read that???? That is a anti-war site. THAT right there is a reason America lost at home.

Viet Cong attacked and then withdrew and we lost????

TWO Viet Cong crawled in to an American base and attacked and that is a lost battle?????? What did they do, set off a nuclear bomb or something????

The link also lists the battle that the movie "We were Soldiers", we attacked and we withdrew and we lost????

Show me where we were over run and surrendered in battle. I'm not talking about a few that were captured while in a firefight on patrol but a battle where we did lose.

There were several major battles where we kicked butt and later withdrew from the area.

Please don't forget the opening of the list talks about the "American Empire". That tells us all that the list was made up by people that were against American and helped American lose at home.

#3533698 - 01/06/14 12:57 PM Re: Al Qaeda has retaken Fallujah [Re: Wildcat]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

content Online
I have read it, I have read stuff from both anti and pro sides of that war. Litened to many accounts of boots on the ground vets as well. I grew up in the Marine Corps during that time, my dad was there 4 times. Some of its good info, some of it not so much. Just like this war here in Iraq or Afghanland, depends on who you read, talk to or were there yourself if we won or not. Many Viet Nam vets did not call many of their battles a loss or a victory, they just called it surviving!

John 15:13

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
146 registered (rodeojoe, TIGGREM2, encore06, TnKen, Pic IN the Casa, Unicam, 18 invisible) and 183 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85124 Topics
1028691 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.259 seconds in which 0.016 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.