Tndeer Logo

Page 31 of 54 « First<2930313233>Last »
Topic Options
#3531724 - 01/05/14 11:35 AM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: Eric Kilby]
KENBOB10
16 Point

Loc: Benton tn. Polk Co.

Originally Posted By: Eric Kilby
What amazes me is how civil this thread has remained even with so many differing opinions.... I'm proud of you guys!

Shut up Eric! \:D

#3531727 - 01/05/14 11:35 AM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: fishboy1]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
What are the benefits of pot?

Does it make you smarter? No.
Does it make you stronger? No.
Does it make your body healthier? No.
Does it boost your immune system? No.

It CAN increase appetite.
It CAN show a decrease in inner eye pressure for glaucoma patients.
It also CAN result in paranoia.
It also CAN result in panic attacks, lethargy, loss of motivation, and yes...addiction.

So when all the BS settles....It is primarily a recreational DRUG which is used to impair ones normal mindset while incurring a "high".

So much for the "benefits" argument.

On to the cost of keeping it illegal.
When you balance the equation, few people would argue that its a winner. Very costly, largely ineffective, increases violent crime and drug cartels, encourages government trampling our rights and eroding the constitution.

Government uses it to push the boundaries of our rights back and even violates them with blatant disregard. A woman can kill an unborn child because it is "her body" but you cant smoke some grass? And now the government can FORCE you to submit to having blood drawn to SEARCH for drugs/booze if you are SUSPECTED of DUI.

My conclusion.... Smoking pot is a bad idea. The TRUE benefits(biologically and medically) are few and only apply to a very tiny segment of the population. Its costly, physically negative to your body, mentally degrading to your mind, emotionally addictive, and doesn't increase your personal performance.

The crux of the matter is HOW to handle making it legal.

The only RESPONSIBLE way would be for the government to remove any and all protections for drug use. You use? You are 100% responsible. Financially, legally, medically. No employment protections, no free housing, no welfare, no free or subsidized medical treatment.

You (everybody) want to be an adult and make adult decisions regarding what you put in your body? Excellent ! Then you (everybody) should be more than happy to be an adult and agree to disband all protections and incentives for negative behavior.

The majority of bad behavior of every kind continues because the cost and consequences are too easy to pass off onto others.

I agree, again.

And I'll say again, if we could start from square one I'd say legalize it and YOU are 100% responsible for your actions.

But because libs have turned the country into a nanny state there's NO way the government will make you responsible for your own actions (look at welfare, medicare, obamaphones, etc...). Legalizing it and saying "okay now, if anything happens, it's on you" is NEVER going to happen.
Taxing legal pot is NEVER going to save the taxpayer a dime. It may allow the government to shift funds from one over-burdened problem to another but that's it.
Socially, we've evolved into dependence way too far and without a revolution it will never change.

#3531759 - 01/05/14 11:55 AM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: Eric Kilby]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

What amazes me is how civil this thread has remained even with so many differing opinions.... I'm proud of you guys!

pot keeps folks pretty low key. ;\)

#3531765 - 01/05/14 11:57 AM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: BamaProud]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: BamaProud

pot keeps folks pretty low key. ;\)

Bama quit hoggin the blunt man

#3531774 - 01/05/14 12:02 PM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: Kimber45]
Deck78
6 Point

Loc: hipster hollow

Ruger, please post a new poll. After 31 ridiculous pages about the Great War on pot, I'd like to know how many people had to watch Dazed and Confused?! \:\) I keep meaning to pull my copy out and have a few good laughs and a few great memories!

Wooderson: Say, man, you got a joint?
Mitch: No, not on me, man.
Wooderson: It'd be a lot cooler if you diid.

#3531780 - 01/05/14 12:07 PM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: RUGER]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: RUGER
LOL @ gator \:D

Going by the poll on this thread I am actually very surprised.

I will admit to being a bit surprised by the poll results. I would have guessed it would come out more along the lines of 60%-40% in favor of legalization.

#3531782 - 01/05/14 12:08 PM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: Deck78]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: Deck78
Ruger, After 31 ridiculous pages about the Great War on pot,

31 pages? I on'y have 13.
Dude, you need to set your page settings to 1.5 and not the 1.25's

\:D

- Keep it real

#3531792 - 01/05/14 12:16 PM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: Crappie Luck]
Deck78
6 Point

Loc: hipster hollow

Way to technically advanced for me. I'm lucky the computer keeps me auto logged in!

#3531797 - 01/05/14 12:19 PM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: Crappie Luck]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
 Originally Posted By: Deck78
Ruger, After 31 ridiculous pages about the Great War on pot,

31 pages? I on'y have 13.
Dude, you need to set your page settings to 1.5 and not the 1.25's

#3531870 - 01/05/14 01:23 PM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: Kimber45]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Legalize it. Responsible adults will continue to be responsible adults. The people who are going to abuse it already are abusing it, illegally. Alcohol has been legal and used responsibly for many years. Pot is no different.

Page 31 of 54 « First<2930313233>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
66 registered (AlexDad, Rockhound, cornbread, Thunderhead, KyRick, BigGameGuy, 10 invisible) and 139 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85594 Topics
1034269 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.252 seconds in which 0.021 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.