Page 30 of 54 « First<2829303132>Last »
Topic Options
#3530751 - 01/04/14 06:28 PM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: Poser]
gasman
8 Point

Loc: South of the Hatchie

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: KCW
Yes Poser,they do eat it. Or so I'm told.

Good. Just want to make sure the West TN deer hunting is still good once all the bean and corn fields are growing weed instead \:D
\:D

Hunt Hard. Pray Harder.

#3531013 - 01/04/14 08:58 PM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: tnbucs1]
Chapman
4 Point

Loc: South Louisiana

It is a tough choice on making it legal. No one knows for sure what the negative effects will be. There will still be a black market for it with a 30% tax added on to the legal pot. I respect the people who appose legalizing it, but I think that legalizing it may be the best at this point. It is a shame that there is such a high demand for drugs in our country.
#3531160 - 01/04/14 10:43 PM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: Chapman]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

I voted yes.

Indisputable facts:

Prohibition did not work with alcohol.
Prohibition is not working with marijuana.

Several online sources point to a taxpayer expense of 51 billion per year spent on the war on drugs. We as a nation are poor as an outhouse rat and really don't need to be spending money in a failed effort. I would propose to legalize pot ONLY in all 50 states. We then tax it at a reasonable rate to kill the black market and seriously hurt the Mexican cartel business plans. We then take those tax dollars and secure the border with Mexico; and chase other drugs that are far more dangerous to their users.

As for usage, my personal opinion is the folks that smoke it now will continue, and the folks that don't smoke it will not start.

And no, I don't smoke it or condone its use. I just believe it is time to look at alternative solutions to every problem this country has.

#3531238 - 01/05/14 12:23 AM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: AndyW]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

Loc: tennessee

Only a sissy smokes weed.. real men smoke blunts..lol

Edited by LIL JOKER (01/05/14 12:29 AM)

#3531279 - 01/05/14 04:34 AM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: LIL JOKER]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

it's funny to me how people think that alcohol does not always lead to drunks lying in the streets but all weed smokers are stoners lying around eating Doritos all day....lol.

Why can't people smoke weed socially like many do alcohol? Some people only drink on weekends and some not even every weekend.

Why are weed smokers always portrayed as stoned out useless idiots like Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.....? GNARLY DUDE.... lol

Double standard?????

Yep.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3531407 - 01/05/14 07:49 AM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: Bottom Hunter]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

What are the benefits of pot?

Does it make you smarter? No.
Does it make you stronger? No.
Does it make your body healthier? No.
Does it boost your immune system? No.

It CAN increase appetite.
It CAN show a decrease in inner eye pressure for glaucoma patients.
It also CAN result in paranoia.
It also CAN result in panic attacks, lethargy, loss of motivation, and yes...addiction.

So when all the BS settles....It is primarily a recreational DRUG which is used to impair ones normal mindset while incurring a "high".

So much for the "benefits" argument.

On to the cost of keeping it illegal.
When you balance the equation, few people would argue that its a winner. Very costly, largely ineffective, increases violent crime and drug cartels, encourages government trampling our rights and eroding the constitution.

Government uses it to push the boundaries of our rights back and even violates them with blatant disregard. A woman can kill an unborn child because it is "her body" but you cant smoke some grass? And now the government can FORCE you to submit to having blood drawn to SEARCH for drugs/booze if you are SUSPECTED of DUI.

My conclusion.... Smoking pot is a bad idea. The TRUE benefits(biologically and medically) are few and only apply to a very tiny segment of the population. Its costly, physically negative to your body, mentally degrading to your mind, emotionally addictive, and doesn't increase your personal performance.

The crux of the matter is HOW to handle making it legal.

The only RESPONSIBLE way would be for the government to remove any and all protections for drug use. You use? You are 100% responsible. Financially, legally, medically. No employment protections, no free housing, no welfare, no free or subsidized medical treatment.

You (everybody) want to be an adult and make adult decisions regarding what you put in your body? Excellent ! Then you (everybody) should be more than happy to be an adult and agree to disband all protections and incentives for negative behavior.

The majority of bad behavior of every kind continues because the cost and consequences are too easy to pass off onto others.

#3531635 - 01/05/14 10:29 AM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: fishboy1]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

WOW!! At least now I REALLY understand that our government will stay screwed up and why... 50% of us believe the government is our and our baby's daddy \:\(

#3531665 - 01/05/14 11:00 AM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: Kimber45]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Since I'm an expert in this field.... It wouldn't do any good to add my 2 cents...... ;\)
#3531684 - 01/05/14 11:14 AM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: gator-n-buck]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

LOL @ gator \:D

Going by the poll on this thread I am actually very surprised.

#3531719 - 01/05/14 11:33 AM Re: Pot legal or not [Re: RUGER]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

What amazes me is how civil this thread has remained even with so many differing opinions.... I'm proud of you guys!

Page 30 of 54 « First<2829303132>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
11 registered (rastubbs, tasaman, Lady's man, bbuck14, Heavy Mass, Tims, 1 invisible) and 58 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
94018 Topics
1098246 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.107 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.