#3521310 - 12/29/13 06:39 PM Gluttony and Sloth
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

glut∑tony noun \ˈglət-nē, ˈglə-tə-nē\
: the act or habit of eating or drinking too much

sloth noun \ˈslȯth, ˈslšth also ˈslōth\
: the quality or state of being lazy

No other two words more perfectly describe my last 6 weeks. I picked my wife up for lunch the other day and jumped on their feed scale. It read 167. The heaviest I've ever weighed. I'm not sure what had gotten into me, because I've always enjoyed exercising and eating healthy.

Exercise has next been an issue. It's just something that I do everyday. I don't have to force myself to do it. But for the past 6 weeks, I haven't done squat.

I enjoy the taste and texture of eating fresh, wholesome foods. I've never enjoyed the taste or texture of the sodium laced processed garbage I've been eating the past 6 weeks. Not to mention the casseroles. Who in their right mind wants to eat a bunch of stuff mixed together and cooked until it's tasteless. But, I haven't had an issue with it since Thanksgiving.

Friday morning I got a call from a fishing buddy of mine and he said another friend was in town for the holidays and wanted to know if we wanted to go fishing. I spend the last two days hopping boulders up streams in the Smokies. Waking up this morning, my hips, knees, and leg muscles felt like they'd been beat with baseball bats. So, I did what any normal person would do. I laced up an old pair of running shoes and hit the local trail.

This run really kicked my [censored]. 2 months ago, I could run 2 loops before even breaking a sweat. It was all I could do to run 3.55 miles without stopping. My time wasn't nearly as good as I would have thought, but with all the mud, I was more concerned with putting 1 foot in front of the other without falling flat on my face.

I've got a lot of work to do before fall. I plan on getting back into backpack hunting the high country after a year break and need to be in the best shape possible by the end of August.

#3522505 - 12/30/13 01:36 PM Re: Gluttony and Sloth [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

glut∑tony noun \ˈglət-nē, ˈglə-tə-nē\
: the act or habit of eating or drinking too much

sloth noun \ˈslȯth, ˈslšth also ˈslōth\
: the quality or state of being lazy

Describes me perfectly since muzzle loader started... PLANNING to hit the P90X this afternoon and not expecting it to be pretty \:\)

#3522660 - 12/30/13 03:29 PM Re: Gluttony and Sloth [Re: Kimber45]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
... PLANNING to hit the P90X this afternoon and not expecting it to be pretty \:\)

I always remember that first workout of P90X. I felt so good immediately afterwards, then I got a shower. My arms and shoulders hurt soooo much, I had to lower my head into my hands to wash my hair. I couldn't raise my arms up enough to do it normally.

#3522834 - 12/30/13 05:49 PM Re: Gluttony and Sloth [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45
... PLANNING to hit the P90X this afternoon and not expecting it to be pretty \:\)

I always remember that first workout of P90X. I felt so good immediately afterwards, then I got a shower. My arms and shoulders hurt soooo much, I had to lower my head into my hands to wash my hair. I couldn't raise my arms up enough to do it normally.

HA... Been there but, not today \:D

Wife had a tough day so I came in and went to work on stuff she normally does then the kids bathroom toilet tank valve died so I just got done replacing it and am about to cleanup the kitchen - give her the night off \:\) SO I skip ANOTHER day before restarting.

My P90X story:

Almost 6 yrs ago, 280lbs... Sick and tired - hit the gym and LOVED it at 45 yrs old. Took my weight down to 225 in about a year to 14 months and just sort of stalled. A buddy suggested P90X - within 10-12 months I was doing 2@days of P90X 2/3 days a week 188 lbs and a 32 waist!! (Started at 38/40) and I was not eating clean but was eating a lot less and no sodas. Serious family stuff and about a year later - back at 225..(and 51 in a few weeks) it's time - time to start P90X and get ripped again \:D

Tony gets on my LAST nerve so once I get the routine going again and it becomes 2nd nature I'll tune him out with the stereo again like I did before. Of all the workouts, I look least forward to Yoga then next I dread the break-in period for plyometrics It will take me at least 4 Plyo's to get thru the entire routine but that's not a bad thing either. I always looked forward to how much better I could do on Plyo - after I was beyond the point of the grueling pain the day after it the 1st few weeks \:\)

#3524981 - 12/31/13 10:15 PM Re: Gluttony and Sloth [Re: Kimber45]
FOX FIRE
8 Point

Loc: Mt. Eagle

You guys are my heros, thats all I can say.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (Deerhunter, RodBone75, Setterman, Ken45, mossyoakmantn, JSPAL270, 1 invisible) and 47 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
91003 Topics
1063444 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.04 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.