Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#350966 - 08/18/07 05:58 PM Re: Where in the heck.. [Re: .45 COLT]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

I had a hunch that you did what you did as I thought of doing the same,with my barnes program,just didn't take the time to do so yet.

I was hopeing that you might have had a formula or program to punch in the bullets numbers and get the Standing Still BC.

The barnes program has a BC finder that I will use later to see what it comes up with.However it bases it findings on the Caliber,Bullets Weight,Bullet Shape ie Spitzer ,Spitzer Boat Tail. Might get one reasonablely close but seeing as it doesn't take in the bullets lenght I question the results it gives.

I agree with your "caveat" and is one reason I have thought about getting one of the chorny garphs that est. bullet BC,by velocity,bullets time of flight. That however is going a little to far on the Ballistic Tech for me and my usees at present,just one of items that would be nice to play around with.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#351047 - 08/18/07 06:37 PM Re: Where in the heck.. [Re: Tiny]
UPSman
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Powell Tn

Tiny, you gonna be around tomorrow? I have some brass to give you. Do you have any of the Barnes TSX bullets to load up for your 300? I'll buy a box and split em with ya if you will load me up a couple.

#351109 - 08/18/07 07:21 PM Re: Where in the heck.. [Re: Tiny]
.45 COLT
Spike

Loc: North Georgia

Originally Posted By: Tiny
I was hopeing that you might have had a formula or program to punch in the bullets numbers and get the Standing Still BC.

Actually, I do have a program that will do that, I just didn't happen to use it. It's called "Point Blank". It is an excellent ballistics program, will draw the bullet path, overlay up to 10 different paths on the same chart, do all sorts of wonderful stuff. :)I don't think a version is on-line that can be used without downloading and installing it on your computer. If you're interested in it, it can be downloaded at:

http://www.huntingnut.com/index.php?name=news&file=article&sid=3

It is a free program and is better than a lot of the programs that cost $. Along with WinGyro (a stability program), it is the program I most often use.

DC

#351630 - 08/18/07 10:20 PM Re: Where in the heck.. [Re: UPSman]
Tiny
16 Point

Originally Posted By: UPSman
Tiny, you gonna be around tomorrow? I have some brass to give you. Do you have any of the Barnes TSX bullets to load up for your 300? I'll buy a box and split em with ya if you will load me up a couple.

Will send a PM shortly.

#351728 - 08/18/07 10:49 PM Re: Where in the heck.. [Re: .45 COLT]
Tiny
16 Point

Originally Posted By: .45 COLT
 Originally Posted By: Tiny

Actually, I do have a program that will do that, I just didn't happen to use it. It's called "Point Blank". It is an excellent ballistics program, will draw the bullet path, overlay up to 10 different paths on the same chart, do all sorts of wonderful stuff. :)I don't think a version is on-line that can be used without downloading and installing it on your computer. If you're interested in it, it can be downloaded at:

http://www.huntingnut.com/index.php?name=news&file=article&sid=3

It is a free program and is better than a lot of the programs that cost $. Along with WinGyro (a stability program), it is the program I most often use.

DC

will check those out.

Barnes 2.0 program
gave me a BC- 0.528 (Slender Spitzer BT) and a BC-0.462 (Flat Base Spitzer).

BTW - Glad we got on this subject as I found a glitch. Looks like it won't run after a recent windows vista reconfigation(SP) upgrade. In case anybody has both it won't run from the clicking on the icon,did get it to run from the disk.

Edited by Tiny (08/18/07 10:53 PM)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
115 registered (garytnhunter, levergunner, downthebrown, Sharecropper, bowhunterfanatic, Donk, 11 invisible) and 159 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
94071 Topics
1098982 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.098 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.