Tndeer Logo

Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3503920 - 12/16/13 09:45 PM The juice?
hunter drew
14 Point

Loc: henderson county TN Lexington

happy Online
Not talking chemicals lol. Anybody juice here. What's do ya mix in it?

Kale
Carrots
Strawberry
Almonds
Almond milk
Blueberry
Spinich

Just some of the things I use

#3504157 - 12/17/13 06:02 AM Re: The juice? [Re: hunter drew]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Never tried that...any good?

#3504666 - 12/17/13 12:56 PM Re: The juice? [Re: Kimber45]
hunter drew
14 Point

happy Online
Yes they say you get more neutrients out of juiceing it gets in your body better. Will also make you feel full, and a awesome healthy snack.

#3504736 - 12/17/13 01:52 PM Re: The juice? [Re: hunter drew]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

I tried it for a while after watching " Fat sick and nearly dead"

I liked anything as long as it didn't have celary in it

#3504959 - 12/17/13 04:41 PM Re: The juice? [Re: Eric Kilby]
hunter drew
14 Point

happy Online
 Originally Posted By: Eric Kilby
I tried it for a while after watching " Fat sick and nearly dead"

I liked anything as long as it didn't have celary in it

I don't like celery either.

#3505533 - 12/18/13 12:02 AM Re: The juice? [Re: hunter drew]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Actually, "juicing" isn't as nutritious as using whole fruits & veggies. A strong majority of the nutrients in a fruit or vegetable is in the pulp that most juicers extract.

#3505759 - 12/18/13 08:26 AM Re: The juice? [Re: TAFKAP]
plinker22
16 Point

Loc: Mountians of East Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
Actually, "juicing" isn't as nutritious as using whole fruits & veggies. A strong majority of the nutrients in a fruit or vegetable is in the pulp that most juicers extract.

100% agreement.

#3506261 - 12/18/13 01:40 PM Re: The juice? [Re: TAFKAP]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP

In my simple cerebrum I wasn't even thinking of the "machine" itself - but more the end product. Took me a minute to figure out how the heck you thought I would lose any of that in my blender since I don't leave anything behind \:D

Now, a juicer Machine.....Yep I'd agree. Probably leaves a lot of the good stuff in the strainer or whatever catch contraption they use.

I definitely want to try this but in a blender.

#3507501 - 12/19/13 09:21 AM Re: The juice? [Re: Kimber45]
hunter drew
14 Point

happy Online
I call it juicing. But it's really blending on my part like a smoothie. Since I put nuts in it and blend it to a fine blend.

#3507637 - 12/19/13 11:22 AM Re: The juice? [Re: hunter drew]
Tenn.Guy
8 Point

Loc: Tenn

content Online
The wife buys frozen mixed fruit, throws in spinach, banana etc... SOmetimes they are a little sour but others they taste great.
#3507734 - 12/19/13 12:46 PM Re: The juice? [Re: hunter drew]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: hunter drew
I call it juicing. But it's really blending on my part like a smoothie. Since I put nuts in it and blend it to a fine blend.

That's what I had in mind too.. Saw a blender specifically for this at Wally World. Reckon I'll be trying one soon \:\)

#3510666 - 12/21/13 05:48 PM Re: The juice? [Re: Kimber45]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

never tried it. could do the veggies, not the fruit

#3512976 - 12/23/13 02:17 PM Re: The juice? [Re: redblood]
hunter drew
14 Point

happy Online
I use the nutriabullet

#3519632 - 12/28/13 12:20 PM Re: The juice? [Re: hunter drew]
BIGB
6 Point

Loc: TN.

I like the one they call the Sailor Man.
baby spinach
white grapes
pineapple
greek yougurt

#3542584 - 01/11/14 09:16 PM Re: The juice? [Re: BIGB]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

My cousin is a juicing phenom. I may need to get with her and learn. She has a blog about it. It's HoldingHerOwn.com

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3542591 - 01/11/14 09:21 PM Re: The juice? [Re: Bowdacious]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

This is a blog excerpt that explains the difference.
Juicer vs. Blender: Whatís the Difference Between Juicing and Smoothies?
Iíve gotten this question so much, and quite frankly thereís so much varied information on the subject, that I decided to dedicate a post to the difference between juicing and blending. Often people ask, ďIf I want to start juicing, why canít I just use my Vitamix?Ē (or Nutribullet, or Ninja, or other blender of choice). The short answer is because juicing and blending are two totally different processes. Itís like comparing applesÖand errÖwell, not even oranges. Itís more like comparing apples and kale. While both have their place, juicing is literally the single most important thing you can do for your health and to prevent disease. (Not to mention changing the way you look and feel!) Letís take a look.

In the next couple of weeks, Iíd like to share a couple of different perspectives on the subject. For todayís post, I absolutely love the following explanation from Gena at choosingraw.com (so insightful and right on point!):

The purpose of juicing is to extract as much nutrition from vegetables as possible without activating digestion; that is, youíre enjoying a flood of nutrition without fiber. Isnít fiber good for us, youíre thinking? Yes it is, and if youíre eating a plant-based diet, youíre getting plenty of it! Juicing enthusiasts donít argue that fiber is harmful; they simply think that there are times when itís desirable to get a rich flood of nutrition without the fiber. For example, people with very sensitive digestive systems often find it a relief to be able to snack on what is the equivalent of several cups of vegetables without having to stress about whether or not the high fiber content will be irritating.

The second way in which juicing and blending differ is volume. Unless youíve got a tremendous appetite, you canít eat all the produce that goes into a single serving of veggie juice several times a day! An average juice (for me) includes an apple, five large kale leaves, 1/2 a bunch of parsley, a large cucumber, eight large stalks of celery, and a knob of ginger. Or it might involve eight carrots, a beet, 1/2 a bunch of kale, an apple, a head of romaine, and eight stalks of celery. Get the idea? I could never devour that many veggies all at once, but I can juice them. Blending them would still allow me to consume a lot of vegetables more easily, but it wouldnít be quite as efficient as juicing.

As you can see from my last post, I love blended salads, and consume them often. And now that summerís here, you can bet Iím looking forward to plenty of fruit smoothies and coconut shakes, too! But theyíre a different entity entirely from juice; I enjoy them both, and look to them for different reasons.

As for the blood sugar spike, thatís a reasonable concern. Juice thatís all apple or all carrot will give you a sugar rush or make you lightheaded: this is why itís important to mix beets, carrots, and apples with a less sweet vegetables and greens. But properly made, juice should be high enough in celery, cucumber, greens, lemon, and other veggies to outweigh the sugar in apples or carrots (sugars that are, by the way, are perfectly suitable in reasonable amounts). And of course, I do not recommend juicing as meal replacement, which is where the real danger of blood sugar elevation lies.

If you have diabetes or a blood sugar imbalance youíll want to speak with your doctor before you begin juicing frequently.

Bottom line? To compare blending and juicing is a bit like trying to evaluate the relative merits of yoga and marathon running. Theyíre comparable in that theyíre both a form of exercise, but thatís pretty much where the comparison ends; juicing and blending are both a form of nutritional intake, but theyíre as different as can be.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3542988 - 01/12/14 10:34 AM Re: The juice? [Re: hunter drew]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

Originally Posted By: hunter drew
Not talking chemicals lol. Anybody juice here. What's do ya mix in it?

Kale
Carrots
Strawberry
Almonds
Almond milk
Blueberry
Spinich

Just some of the things I use

Get rid of almond milk unless you make it yourself from organic almonds.

I do my mixes in propur filtered water. All your fruits and veggies should be organic as well. Pesticides are not good for us.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3542989 - 01/12/14 10:36 AM Re: The juice? [Re: Stalkhunter]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

the pulp fro a juicer you can make that into a smoothy, the best i have found so far is The magic bullet leaves no pulp.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
107 registered (redheadshooter, bowhunterfanatic, JeepKuntry, Trevor2, JBARCHER, Daniel n, 8 invisible) and 150 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92928 Topics
1085906 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.142 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.