Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3528929 - 01/03/14 10:49 AM Re: Simply put - Sick of the Gym!! Tried T25 anyone??? [Re: Kimber45]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Originally Posted By: Kimber45

\:D
Well, when you're working out in a small gym where you have friends etc who
are in political positions - folks you don't want to be rude to, you have to walk a fine line. Maybe you read into what I said incorrectly so I'll fix that.. I don't bring about conversation in the gym - actually try to run back and forth from resistance to cardio fast enough that it almost looks stupid but in going from room to room ppl stop me to talk.
For now, the gym is OUT and the little local gym is probably history for me.
I happen to be driven enough to do this at home....do have some intermittent complications however I'll work around those but getting my head right again will mean I have to tune out all the gym BS for a while. I'm setting a goal of 205lbs - about 23lbs to lose, at home. Reward will be getting my gym membership restarted and moving back into 2@days several days a week.

Beyond P90X etc I have some pretty dang good gym equipment for an Old Redneck working out at home and, depending on a persons goals, a load of gym equipment is not necessary anyway. For me, resistance is VERY important but NOT my top priority anymore. Cardio has to become top priority for me and the small gym I was at had little to offer there. Once I hit 205lbs my new membership will be a much bigger - much nicer - much more equipped gym about 20 miles one way from me vs 3 miles one way from me, but it will be worth it I believe.

Sounds like you have a plan - I like it.

And I wasn't reading into things, I just don't beat around the bush when it comes to something serious like taking your health back under control.

Since we are our own worst enemies in this battle - there isn't time to tip-toe around the discussion.

My wife actually wears her earbuds in the gym - without anything playing - just to avoid the "talkers", lol.

It's also one if the reasons I love the morning crowd - everyone has somewhere to be, so they respect that people want to get their w/o done and get their day started.

I have started introducing time elements to most of my workouts. It really has taken things to a new level. A simple one:

20 minutes to do as many sets as possible. 1 set=
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 air squats

I promise - this is cardio and strength training combined that is as hard as you feel like pushing yourself!

#3529480 - 01/03/14 06:09 PM Re: Simply put - Sick of the Gym!! Tried T25 anyone??? [Re: -DRM-]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

DRM - I keep an mp3player - they still stop me \:D

Did chest - shoulders - tri's today and as much of ab ripper as I could - I STUNK but I know it's going to get better from here. Feels SO rewarding and satisfying to be working out again!! I'm heading to krgr in the morning after I hit the office for a few hours - buying plenty of Greek yogurt - almonds, things I know I can do intermittently throughout the day to get my metabolism back rolling again \:\)

Getting in shape - eating right is actually a heck of a lot of fun.

Thanks for the push!! I need my nose rubbed in my laziness every once in a while for sure \:\) now if I can just get my wife in the gym!

#3529482 - 01/03/14 06:11 PM Re: Simply put - Sick of the Gym!! Tried T25 anyone??? [Re: Bullfrog]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Bullfrog
Keep us posted

Will do - fired up and ready to start when I get T25 delivered!

#3530212 - 01/04/14 09:26 AM Re: Simply put - Sick of the Gym!! Tried T25 anyone??? [Re: Kimber45]
The_Utility_Dude
8 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Keep us posted

I'm in a similar situation as you Kimber. At 39 I weighed 240 and felt like crap. Got my diet under control, started working out with one of my old high school buddies (he never stopped working out after high school). I got down to 185 and have maintained that weight +/- 5 to 7 pounds for ten years now. I got tired of the old traditional weight program and started P90X but also hate listening to Tony. About 3 years ago I started doing the Insanity/P90 hybrid workouts with pretty good results. Due to an old knee injury, I'm facing total knee replacement in a few years so I cannot do the higher impact stuff.

I now have a rowing machine for some light cardio and I do SOME of the P90/Insanity workouts (I just have to skip the jumping stuff). I also do a high rep/light weight workout. I'm looking to stay toned moreso than add alot of strenght. I like your 20 minute workout and plan to incorporate that into my routine.

This high rep/light weight workout was given to me by a co-worker. He's 51 and looks like a body builder. He does this every day and has for years. I only do it 3 times a week but you might be interested in trying it. If you do the entire workout it takes roughly an hour. If time is limited I scale back the sets accordingly:

Flat bench: 20 sets of 10 with 30 seconds rest between sets.
2 minute rest
Concentration curl/french curl(dumbells): 10 sets of 10 with 45 seconds of rest between sets.
2 minute rest
Military press: 5 sets of 12 with 1 minute rest between sets.
Shoulder fly: 1 set of 15
1 minute rest
Seated bent over back fly: 3 sets of 12 with 30 seconds of rest between sets.

If you do the complete workout you'll do 711 reps in just under an hour. It keeps the heart rate elevated pretty good too.

#3531058 - 01/04/14 09:30 PM Re: Simply put - Sick of the Gym!! Tried T25 anyone??? [Re: The_Utility_Dude]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: The_Utility_Dude
Keep us posted

I'm in a similar situation as you Kimber. At 39 I weighed 240 and felt like crap. Got my diet under control, started working out with one of my old high school buddies (he never stopped working out after high school). I got down to 185 and have maintained that weight +/- 5 to 7 pounds for ten years now. I got tired of the old traditional weight program and started P90X but also hate listening to Tony. About 3 years ago I started doing the Insanity/P90 hybrid workouts with pretty good results. Due to an old knee injury, I'm facing total knee replacement in a few years so I cannot do the higher impact stuff.

I now have a rowing machine for some light cardio and I do SOME of the P90/Insanity workouts (I just have to skip the jumping stuff). I also do a high rep/light weight workout. I'm looking to stay toned moreso than add alot of strenght. I like your 20 minute workout and plan to incorporate that into my routine.

This high rep/light weight workout was given to me by a co-worker. He's 51 and looks like a body builder. He does this every day and has for years. I only do it 3 times a week but you might be interested in trying it. If you do the entire workout it takes roughly an hour. If time is limited I scale back the sets accordingly:

Flat bench: 20 sets of 10 with 30 seconds rest between sets.
2 minute rest
Concentration curl/french curl(dumbells): 10 sets of 10 with 45 seconds of rest between sets.
2 minute rest
Military press: 5 sets of 12 with 1 minute rest between sets.
Shoulder fly: 1 set of 15
1 minute rest
Seated bent over back fly: 3 sets of 12 with 30 seconds of rest between sets.

If you do the complete workout you'll do 711 reps in just under an hour. It keeps the heart rate elevated pretty good too.

Good job keeping fit!!

I like the sound of that workout!!

I've spent the $ for the T25 now so it gets 1st place for now......well, when it gets here anyway \:\)

Thanks!

#3535365 - 01/07/14 10:07 AM Re: Simply put - Sick of the Gym!! Tried T25 anyone??? [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

T25 has NOT arrived \:\( so since my shop would never heat up to a sufficient temp right now I re-up'd my local gym membership yesterday for 90 more days. Should take me at least that long to reach my 1st weight loss goal anyway SO, some 2@days can start soon after the T25 arrives (if my body is willing).. Yesterday I hit cardio for 15 minutes - all elliptical and being out of shape again was able to crank the HR up to 144 SO I hit the weight room for a fast n furious total upper body. High rep counts and 2 full sets of everything later I felt like I was going to be SO I wrapped it up and went home
Scales/body weight can be SO tricky but in 3 days of eating REALLY well compared to the last MANY months - showing 5lbs down from morning weigh-ins already \:o
Wont say I'm not HUNGRY but, it feels GREAT to know I have a grasp on this situation, LOTS of the right food in the house and have dropped my daily sugar intake by 90% easy + tripled my protein intake \:\)

#3540169 - 01/10/14 07:28 AM Re: Simply put - Sick of the Gym!! Tried T25 anyone??? [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Well - my Ebay seller messed around and let the snow storm lock him down procrastinating and not shipping last week, didn't ship my T25 until YESTERDAY afternoon so I had opened a case yesterday morning with Ebay since he had not responded in a week.
They lit a fire and he's shipped it AND shipped the GAMMA workout as a free "I'm sorry" bonus.
They say the GAMMA is a grueling circuit strength workout so I am looking forward to getting to that and kicking its buttocks! \:D

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
128 registered (daduckman, Tn_Va_Hunter, TNTomtaker01, TIGGREM2, big 8's in Weakley county, 280longshot, 9 invisible) and 155 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93191 Topics
1088468 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.093 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.