Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3472957 - 11/27/13 10:28 AM Re: Something lost in the deal with Iran [Re: VolHunter22]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Originally Posted By: Mdavis71

What deal? Iran is saying Obama lied. \:o

Iranian officials claimed on Tuesday that the Obama administration concocted a fact sheet on a landmark nuclear agreement that doesn't match what they endorsed over the weekend.

* The White House published its 'fact sheet' on the nuclear agreement a day before the text of the pact was officially released

* The Obama administration claimed the agreement 'halts the progress of Iran's nuclear program'

* Iran insists that it hasn't given up its right to enrich uranium

* The Islamic republic's chief nuclear scientist now says enrichment will actually increase

* Obama claimed Saturday that Iran 'will halt work at its plutonium reactor'

* But Iran now says work at that facility 'will continue'

* 'Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed,' says a National Security Council spokeswoman

Edited by preds1 (11/27/13 10:29 AM)

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3473366 - 11/27/13 05:43 PM Re: Something lost in the deal with Iran [Re: Brogden]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Brogden
Well of course I think the majority of Iran's policies and beliefs are borderline third world stone age non sense. I "bad mouthed" someone that essentially jabbed a stick in a hornets nest knowing he'd probably get stung.

Pastor Saeed entered Iran with the permission of the Iranian government to help construct an orphanage, a mission to help the most vulnerable in Iranian society. Once there, he was arrested, tried without even being allowed to be present for his entire trial, convicted of nothing more than his Christian faith, and held in appalling conditions.

Maybe you could point out where he was jabbing a stick in a hornet's nest? The article doesn't support your statement in any way.

#3473669 - 11/27/13 07:57 PM Re: Something lost in the deal with Iran [Re: BMan]
Brogden
4 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Well I went beyond the article because I was interested in the guy and did some googling.

Quote:
In 2002, Abedini met and married his wife Naghmeh, an American citizen. In the early 2000s, the Abedinis became prominent in the house church movement in Iran, at a time when the movement was tolerated by the Iranian government.[5][6] During this period, Abedini is credited with establishing about 100 house churches in 30 Iranian cities with more than 2,000 members.[4] With the election of Mahmoud Ahmedinejad in 2005, however, the house church movement was subjected to a crackdown by Iranian authorities and the Abedinis moved back to the United States.[5]
Abedini's first trip back to Iran was in 2009 to visit his family, when government authorities detained him. According to Abedini, he was threatened with death during his interrogation over his conversion to Christianity. Ultimately he was released after signing an agreement in which he pledged to cease all house church activities in the country.

Obviously something is wrong at this point and the country/leaders have something out for him and he knew it. It really sucks and I wish the best for him and hope he gets back to his family. No one deserves what happened to him, but the signs were there that Iran was already on his case.

#3473802 - 11/27/13 09:06 PM Re: Something lost in the deal with Iran [Re: Brogden]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

There's no doubt the Iranian government was "on his case." However, nowhere is the proverbial stick in the hornet's nest, as he left the country when they outlawed the house church movement.

Fact of the matter is, the muslims are once again proving themselves to be a bunch of intolerant terrorists that should be wiped from the face of the earth. Blame the evil in the world, not evil's victims.

#3478775 - 12/01/13 04:30 PM Re: Something lost in the deal with Iran [Re: BMan]
VolHunter22
4 Point

Loc: Knox, TN and Cordova, TN

Wow, never meant to stir up an issue with that post. I did some reading beyond the article as well before I posted it but still thought it was worthwhile to post. I simply wanted to shed light on his situation as I hadn't really heard much about it from mainstream media.

Don't worry, I always fact check my sources. I'm aware of the satirical new sources as well as the fact that many are biased.

He knew what he was getting into and did so anyway based on his faith. I can't fault him for that. I don't think I'd be able to do the same.

And I don't think you can argue for the killing of an entire religion based on some zealots. Honestly, to the Iranians, HE is the zealot. I don't think responding with more violence would ameliorate the situation.

Edited by Mdavis71 (12/01/13 04:32 PM)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
9 registered (Tracker, Fearless, Country1, Cottontop, muddy-waders, rem270, 3 invisible) and 59 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
91002 Topics
1063434 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.