Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3481164 - 12/02/13 08:38 PM Re: Elite Archery [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Pinwheeled
4 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Dang good looking rig, DC. I'm not huge on 2 track binaries but Elite makes a dang nice bow.
#3482857 - 12/03/13 07:43 PM Re: Elite Archery [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
UTGrad
14 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

I shot the Energy 35 today and wow!

The bow was quiet, awesome draw and solid back wall. There was virtually no hand vibe even without a stabilizer. Id love to get one in target black with 60 lb limbs.

Great bow...I highly recommend.

Edited by UTGrad (12/03/13 07:44 PM)

#3485118 - 12/05/13 06:49 AM Re: Elite Archery [Re: UTGrad]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Thanks for the info UTG!

#3487088 - 12/06/13 11:10 AM Re: Elite Archery [Re: TNDeerGuy]
hunt55
Button

Loc: middle tn

hey partner I'm a elite dealer in lynnville tn 3D's archery,
come on out & shoot one for yourself, I think you'll really be surprised at how good they reall y shoot.
931-292-7619
cell 931-478-0778

#3487236 - 12/06/13 12:48 PM Re: Elite Archery [Re: hunt55]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Thanks for the invite....

#3513209 - 12/23/13 05:38 PM Re: Elite Archery [Re: TNDeerGuy]
Bootlegger
4 Point

Loc: Crossville,TN

I would love to have one of the new 2014 Elite Energy 32's. Wished they made a 30" ATA...but oh well. The 32 will do...lol. I'm a PSE & Hoyt guy. But the Elites have really impressed me and now with the Energy 32. I may have to get one. I was wanting a Bowtech Assassin...but not sure now.

Roll Tide!

#3513380 - 12/23/13 07:09 PM Re: Elite Archery [Re: Bootlegger]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

I bought Dixie's E35 that he had on page 1. I've had it long enough now to get a preliminary feel for the bow.

Overall, it's a great looking bow. Elite has been making some crazy good looking finishes on bows. If it shot as good as it looked, I would be extremely happy. Right now, I'm not unhappy with how it shoots, but I'm not WOW'ed or super impressed either. I have a 12" stabilizer out front with about 4 oz of weight. I can tell you that this bow needs weight in the back for sure. Even with just 4 oz out front, it wants to nose dive. I put a short back bar on it with some heavier weight, and it made it feel and hold absolutely crazy solid.

I've not shot it any since I put the backbar on there...so that may clean up a lot of the wide and jerky float pattern I've got with just the 12" 4 oz up front. Right now the bow is setting at about 7 lbs fully setup. It's quiet...but not quiet as some of the other bows I've heard and shot. And it's smooth, but not as smooth as the Strother Moxie and Hope. I will put it through the paces with different weights and see if that makes a difference. This bow doesn't have a whole lot of cam lean to it; typical of a 2 track binary, but with a little tweaking it shoots good through paper.

#3515073 - 12/25/13 07:14 AM Re: Elite Archery [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

Loc: Mid-TN

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator
I bought Dixie's E35 that he had on page 1. I've had it long enough now to get a preliminary feel for the bow.

Overall, it's a great looking bow. Elite has been making some crazy good looking finishes on bows. If it shot as good as it looked, I would be extremely happy. Right now, I'm not unhappy with how it shoots, but I'm not WOW'ed or super impressed either. I have a 12" stabilizer out front with about 4 oz of weight. I can tell you that this bow needs weight in the back for sure. Even with just 4 oz out front, it wants to nose dive. I put a short back bar on it with some heavier weight, and it made it feel and hold absolutely crazy solid.

I've not shot it any since I put the backbar on there...so that may clean up a lot of the wide and jerky float pattern I've got with just the 12" 4 oz up front. Right now the bow is setting at about 7 lbs fully setup. It's quiet...but not quiet as some of the other bows I've heard and shot. And it's smooth, but not as smooth as the Strother Moxie and Hope. I will put it through the paces with different weights and see if that makes a difference. This bow doesn't have a whole lot of cam lean to it; typical of a 2 track binary, but with a little tweaking it shoots good through paper.

I liked the E35 and I think Elite has hit a home run with the Energy models. I did find the bow on the top heavy side as I find several others on the market. This is easily corrected with voo doo stabiliztion.

If you notice in the pic I posted of the E35 I was running a 15" back bar with 24 ounces of weight and 33" front bar with 4 ounces. Sounds like a lot wieght but the bow was balanced and held very well and maybe, just maybe could have used even more weight on it! Crow I hope the bow treats you very well! Go slay some foam!

#3515461 - 12/25/13 11:32 AM Re: Elite Archery [Re: DixieCrafter]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

That's what I was thinking too...needs a lot of weight in the back for sure. One of the guys at the ASA shoots I saw, has different sizes of sockets for weight on his bow...he said he wasn't going to pay that kind of money for screw in weights and had came up with a long bolt and a bunch of sockets. LOL. I guess anything will work..weight is weight, no matter what it is. I need a longer front bar on mine but all I have is left over from the Bow Novice setup. Haven't broke down and bought a longer bar. I wasn't exactly sure if I was going to shoot many tourneys this year or what. So I didn't wanna jump head long into buying a bunch of stuff. The E35 reminds me a lot of the Mathews Conquest 4...in how it needs weight in the back and very little up front. I drove myself bonkers trying to figure the C4 out and eventually gave up on it because it was pointless in dumping $400+ into a bow novice setup to try and win $250-300 lol.
#3516654 - 12/26/13 09:26 AM Re: Elite Archery [Re: Crow Terminator]
DixieCrafter
4 Point

Loc: Mid-TN

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator
That's what I was thinking too...needs a lot of weight in the back for sure. One of the guys at the ASA shoots I saw, has different sizes of sockets for weight on his bow...he said he wasn't going to pay that kind of money for screw in weights and had came up with a long bolt and a bunch of sockets. LOL. I guess anything will work..weight is weight, no matter what it is. I need a longer front bar on mine but all I have is left over from the Bow Novice setup. Haven't broke down and bought a longer bar. I wasn't exactly sure if I was going to shoot many tourneys this year or what. So I didn't wanna jump head long into buying a bunch of stuff. The E35 reminds me a lot of the Mathews Conquest 4...in how it needs weight in the back and very little up front. I drove myself bonkers trying to figure the C4 out and eventually gave up on it because it was pointless in dumping $400+ into a bow novice setup to try and win $250-300 lol.

I've never been a big fan of light weight bows unless I'm on an elk hunt where you carry the bow a whole more than you shoot it! I always add weight to any bow I shoot. My hunting bow even has a back bar, and I need to add more weight to it!

You're right about the manufacturers of the weights, they think very highly of them! In 28 ounces of B-stinger weights I've got over a $180.00 in them and need to add some more!

The guy with the sockets on his bow, was he shooting Hunter class? Robert Monroe?

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
38 registered (trm, THEdonkey0515, taximan, bigluresonly, TN Larry, Tn Joe, 5 invisible) and 66 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92904 Topics
1085489 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.135 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.