“I accepted an invitation to talk to the women’s branch of the Ku Klux Klan…I saw through the door dim figures parading with banners and illuminated crosses…In the end, through simple illustrations I believed I had accomplished my purpose. A dozen invitations to speak to similar groups were proffered.” (Sanger 366)

The above quote is taken from the autobiography of Margaret Sanger, the sometimes revered mother of American abortion. She is also the founder of Planned Parenthood, an organization that has come under scrutiny recently for its use of federal tax dollars in financing the abortions that generate the bulk of its revenue, causing public friction for its supporting groups like Susan G. Komen and the Girl Scouts.

Though a highly misunderstood figure, Sanger is often quickly associated with “progressivism.” But considering that the Ku Klux Klan would be considered anything but “progressive” by today’s standards, this quote immediately begs the question- why were the women of the KKK so attracted to her message?

These women, predominantly Protestant Christians in Sanger’s time, would have generally rejected progressive or scientific social initiatives. Yet they, much like the liberal and commonly unreligious advocates of Planned Parenthood would later do, found Sanger worthy of admiration.

Lloyd Marcus, author of Confessions of a Black Conservative, provides some perspective to address this peculiarity, and shares some truths about what the left’s devotion to abortion has wrought, specifically in regard to American blacks.

He writes:

“Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated.” So said Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood. Seventy-eight percent of Planned Parenthood clinics are in black neighborhoods. Blacks make up only 12% of the population, but 35% of America’s aborted babies are black. Half of black pregnancies end in abortion. Is this an intentional genocide? (Emphasis added)

”The most dangerous place for an African-American is in the womb,” according to Pastor Clenard Childress, Jr. Blacks are the only minority in America experiencing a declining population.

http://www.redstate.com/wsullivan/2012/02/16/sanger-the-ku-klux-klan-and-planned-parenthood/

- Keep it real