Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3452320 - 11/14/13 10:47 AM Re: Best wind direction app..... [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

Thanks...

My issue was that I really need an accurate wind direction on some of my stands and when I am sitting in a stand and KNOW the wind is out of the NW but my accuweather app is telling me that is is out of the SE, then I have my doubts about it, at any time. I need to know before I get to the stand and if it will change while I am in the stand...I had one on my other phone that you could sit there and watch it change directions.....south, southwest back to south...it was cool. Since I got this new phone I no longer have it and can't remember what it was...And I have never seen a wind direction that meant it was blowing toward a direction, ALWAYS out of a direction....a NORTH wind means it is blowing from the north toward the south....

I'll check some of the suggestions..thanks again,.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3452473 - 11/14/13 12:28 PM Re: Best wind direction app..... [Re: Urban_Hunter]
PalsPal
8 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Urban_Hunter

Sounds like you already have the best app to me???

Yep.

What he wants isn't available. All any of the apps have are "predicted" wind direction based on forecast.

Now, you could check actual wind direction from the nearest weather reporting station. But, note that those weather stations only report once an hour. So, for up to an hour you are seeing the reading from the previous hour and you could be several hundred miles from it.

#3453214 - 11/14/13 09:12 PM Re: Best wind direction app..... [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Appleman
4 Point

Loc: Hickman/Nashville

Mycast. IPhone app
#3453495 - 11/15/13 06:46 AM Re: Best wind direction app..... [Re: PalsPal]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Originally Posted By: PalsPal
 Originally Posted By: Urban_Hunter

Sounds like you already have the best app to me???

Yep.

What he wants isn't available. All any of the apps have are "predicted" wind direction based on forecast.

Now, you could check actual wind direction from the nearest weather reporting station. But, note that those weather stations only report once an hour. So, for up to an hour you are seeing the reading from the previous hour and you could be several hundred miles from it.

Like I said, I remember an app that I had in my old phone that I could see changing.....I know that the weather stations just predict the predominant wind direction....I am still looking for it and when I find it, well, I'll have it , won't I?

lol

#3453531 - 11/15/13 07:15 AM Re: Best wind direction app..... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Weather Underground looks like a good one....It shows your location on a map and the weather for that area.....It says that it changes every 2.5 seconds...the only thing that I do not like is on the hourly page, the wind direction is not given in letters (SW) but with an arrow pointing toward the way the wind is coming FROM. I have never seen that before. The wind now is out of the South and the arrow is pointing toward the South...weird. It does have a place for a wind direction on the home page but it says CALM right now...May check this out for a few days and see how I like it. thanks for any and all help.

#3455098 - 11/16/13 07:32 AM Re: Best wind direction app..... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

This Weather Underground must be the one I used to have. I was looking at it this morning and the wind direction read SE. While I was looking at it, the direction changed and now reads SOUTH....It changed while I was looking at it....I thought that was cool.

Oh and just one more thing..SOUTHERN winds should be outlawed during deer season.....lol.

#3455308 - 11/16/13 11:10 AM Re: Best wind direction app..... [Re: bowhunter163]
roscopeecotrane
Spike

Loc: Alabama

Originally Posted By: bowhunter163
Antler insanity . You can mark your Stand on an aerial map and view the wind direction at each of your stands before you leave the house . It had been pretty accurate for me this year !

This X2

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
29 registered (jbranham63, stilllookin, shaneb, McClungmac, Daniel n, 51 pointer, 2 invisible) and 71 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95792 Topics
1121457 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.043 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.