Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3449273 - 11/12/13 03:05 PM Re: Daughter Is MAD [Re: lung-buster]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

Originally Posted By: lung-buster
That dosent sound very legal.

That's definitely not legal. Does she have anybody that will verify what they are doing? Bringing it up will get her terminated so she had better have hard evidence against them.

#3449279 - 11/12/13 03:07 PM Re: Daughter Is MAD [Re: JeepKuntry]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

I don't believe that is legal -

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3449298 - 11/12/13 03:25 PM Re: Daughter Is MAD [Re: JeepKuntry]
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Originally Posted By: JeepKuntry
 Originally Posted By: lung-buster
That dosent sound very legal.

That's definitely not legal. Does she have anybody that will verify what they are doing? Bringing it up will get her terminated so she had better have hard evidence against them.

Yeah, there's the catch. If she takes any action whatsoever, she's effectively done there. So the question probably boils down to, is it worth the grief to maybe get some pay she was shorted, at minimum wage and unverifiable in amount?

It's a hard spot. If she had suspected any of this was going on, she could have made copies, kept records, yadda yadda. But when you assume the people you work with are on your side, you don't see the truck coming at you, especially when you are young.

We'll see how her day went today. I've recommended that she at least write a letter to the preschool admins and let them know how she feels about it. Then sleep on the letter, review and edit, sleep, review and edit.

For me, it's every bit as much a moral and ethical smear against their church as anything, and why I wouldn't have a problem going and talking to their preacher.

#3449326 - 11/12/13 03:41 PM Re: Daughter Is MAD [Re: Nimrod777]
jb3
10 Point

Loc: Burns, TN

Have here stick with it, keep record of all hours worked. When he time is up, present it in a professional manor. If all else fails, local news would love that kind of story. I would be there would be a camera man and reporter on the spot the next day. I would think she'd get paid.
#3449438 - 11/12/13 04:42 PM Re: Daughter Is MAD [Re: TAFKAP]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
 Originally Posted By: redblood
 Originally Posted By: Nimrod777
Fortunately not at me!

She found out today that the administrators of the local preschool she has been working for here in town since last May have been clocking her out and back in at various times w/I her knowledge. So when she gets there early and starts working with kids, as soon as she leaves the room, they clock her out, and clock her in again later. Though she stays until 6:40 with kids whose parents are late, they clock her out at 6, despite the fact that those late parents are charged late fees; they could certainly afford to pay her the extra minutes. And when she can't take breaks during the day because there is no one available to watch the kids, they clock her out and back in later.

All because they can't afford to pay overtime. She worked 84 hours last 2-week pay period, but since they don't pay overtime... But she can't leave until her kids are picked up.

Told her to look for seasonal employment, maybe quit regardless. In theory she will be back in Knoxville next semester for student teaching. She can survive a few weeks unemployed.

yep tell her to quit. daddy can spring for the bill for a few months, lol.

Ummm, that's a big no. Time to find a labor lawyer. NOW

x2

#3449444 - 11/12/13 04:50 PM Re: Daughter Is MAD [Re: ferg]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

Nimrod, I'm thinking you or your Daughter should take the appropriate steps to stop this malarkey. I would do a FTF as you mentioned and lay it on the line. They cut this out or it'll get real official. What they are doing is forcing your daughter to work overtime without being paid for doing so. Walmart and many others have had to pay up for the exact same kind of management failures.
#3449939 - 11/12/13 09:11 PM Re: Daughter Is MAD [Re: DaveB]
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

I appreciate a lot of good suggestions from you all, and solid food for thought.

She just got in a little bit ago (went to hang out with another teacher she works with to go blow off a little steam). Today she took every minute of her break, and at 6 PM sharp she was out of there. Apparently a few of her co-workers that have been getting a kick out of knowing she was working off the clock got the cold shoulder. One of them confronted Lyd wanting to know what she had "up her butt today", so Lyd told her she overheard her joking and laughing about the situation yesterday. Girl went pale fast and got out of Dodge.

I believe by nature it will end up being a bit like jb3 suggests. She will do her job exactly like she should, keep track of her hours, check her time card, track everything. Meanwhile there is going to be some sort of communication made to the church or someone. Don't know if it will go further than that yet. We'll just have to see.

#3449969 - 11/12/13 09:51 PM Re: Daughter Is MAD [Re: Nimrod777]
Meathunter73
6 Point

Loc: waynesboro

Is this a church ran preschool?
#3449973 - 11/12/13 09:53 PM Re: Daughter Is MAD [Re: Nimrod777]
lung-buster
10 Point

Loc: Southern Middle Tn

Hope she gets it straightened out. She's got a cooler head than me, I would of blew up if I knew I was workin for free and people laughing about it.
#3450181 - 11/13/13 06:57 AM Re: Daughter Is MAD [Re: Meathunter73]
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Meathunter73
Is this a church ran preschool?

It is.

She blows up about it, but smart enough to do that mostly at home where there are sympathetic ears.

She theoretically has less than two months left to work there before she should be out to student teach.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
72 registered (ruthunter, rastubbs, Tenn.Guy, TRIGGER, swami, Good time Charlie, 7 invisible) and 85 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
91007 Topics
1063490 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.