Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3421732 - 10/27/13 09:14 AM 13 Nutrition Lies That Made The World Sick And Fat
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
http://www.businessinsider.com/13-nutrition-lies-that-made-the-world-sick-and-fat-2013-10#

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3421883 - 10/27/13 10:25 AM Re: 13 Nutrition Lies That Made The World Sick And Fat [Re: Poser]
Inkstainz
14 Point

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee

There are so many different articles in the contrary to this and in support of this it is very difficult to decide who's lying and who's telling the truth
#3423155 - 10/27/13 11:37 PM Re: 13 Nutrition Lies That Made The World Sick And Fat [Re: Inkstainz]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

I don't know that there really are modern articles pointing to the commonly accepted practice. It seems to have become so commonplace, that nobody dares question it. The studies coming out now are really digging deep into the currently-held beliefs about "heart healthy foods", and are gaining some good traction. For me, the biggest issue at play here is how modern society has been talked into eating more "heart healthy" foods, yet there has been a dramatic increase in heart disease, obesity, hypertension, high cholesterol, and other maladies related specifically to diet. Why has it not dropped off?????

#3423499 - 10/28/13 09:07 AM Re: 13 Nutrition Lies That Made The World Sick And Fat [Re: TAFKAP]
outoftouch
Spike

Loc: blount

I am in agreement with almost all of the points in the article. I discovered last year that I have a gluten sensitivity and stopped eating wheat products (bread, pasta, etc). Seems it's in everything nowadays! I have as a welcome side effect gone from 230 pounds down to 180-185 in less than a year. I didn't exercise more than usual, I haven't been to a gym in about 2 years. Highly recommend eating lots of healthy fats(wild game, pasture raised eggs, raw milk, lactofermented vegetables, unprocessed everything) Good luck to everyone trying to lose weight and stay healthy \:\)
#3425811 - 10/29/13 12:09 PM Re: 13 Nutrition Lies That Made The World Sick And Fat [Re: outoftouch]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

content Online
Death from heart conditions will never drop off so long as people can buy 40 pound bag of chips on EBT cards.

Just try and remember the last 80 year old you knew who was 100 pounds overweight? Except Ruger, he don't count.

#3428763 - 10/31/13 08:45 AM Re: 13 Nutrition Lies That Made The World Sick And Fat [Re: TAFKAP]
huntinkev
8 Point

Loc: East Tenn

content Online
 Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
I don't know that there really are modern articles pointing to the commonly accepted practice. It seems to have become so commonplace, that nobody dares question it. The studies coming out now are really digging deep into the currently-held beliefs about "heart healthy foods", and are gaining some good traction. For me, the biggest issue at play here is how modern society has been talked into eating more "heart healthy" foods, yet there has been a dramatic increase in heart disease, obesity, hypertension, high cholesterol, and other maladies related specifically to diet. Why has it not dropped off?????

I heard a heart doctor last year on the radio talking about how they have all been wrong over the last 20 years about saturated fat and high cholesterol is causing the rise in heart disease. He said the "heart healthy" foods that are low in saturated fat and stuff that they have been recommending for over 20 years is actually doing the opposite. He said heart disease has been consistently on the rise not on the decline since more people have been eating a the low fat, low cholesterol diets.

It's not the fat or cholesterol that causes heart disease. He said it is the processed foods that are causing the rise in heart disease. Processed foods, he said, is irritating the arteries. According to him, it is like taking sand paper and rubbing your skin, your skin will get inflamed after awhile. In the same way, processed foods are causing inflammation in the arteries and thus causing blockages and heart disease.

He gave some examples of processed foods that they have been billing for years as heart healthy; Margarine or butter substitutes was one example he gave that is actually bad for you instead of being "heart healthy".

Think about all of the processed foods we have now that wasn't around back in the days. Most people consume processed foods everyday, people think of supper as throwing some frozen chicken nuggets or fish sticks, etc in the oven and warming them up, especially if they have kids because kids like that stuff.

Edited by huntinkev (10/31/13 08:46 AM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Bobby G, RUGER, Unicam, gtk, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Mrs.Unicam 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
118 registered (imograss, Jcalder, OfficerBuck, scn, bowhunter163, edtcase, 15 invisible) and 182 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96018 Topics
1124338 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.07 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.