Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3405619 - 10/16/13 07:48 PM Re: BSK Weather Forecast? [Re: woodsman87]
Akurn
4 Point

Loc: West TN

I listen to the NOAA weather forecast. Seems to be the most accurate I've been able to find. BSK, do you see us having a wetter,colder winter like I keep hearing we are going to get?

#3405651 - 10/16/13 08:05 PM Re: BSK Weather Forecast? [Re: BSK]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

Originally Posted By: BSK
The GFS model is still predicting a big cold snap the end of next week (Juvi weekend), with the coldest weather Saturday morning. Coldest morning so far this year.

We received a cold snap a few years back on juvy weekend...2010 if I remember correctly and the scraping activity went bonkers!!! I saw scrapes everywhere here in wayne and Lawrence counties! Mostly from the young bucks.....but boy it was exciting!! I am on the Laurel Hill WMA hunt that 24-26th.

#3405670 - 10/16/13 08:17 PM Re: BSK Weather Forecast? [Re: Akurn]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Akurn
I listen to the NOAA weather forecast. Seems to be the most accurate I've been able to find. BSK, do you see us having a wetter,colder winter like I keep hearing we are going to get?

The seasonal forecast group I have the most faith in is calling for a colder than normal November, but a record warm December, with "average" winter conditions not starting until some time in January.

They are forecasting a very wet winter, with flooding being a problem in the South.

And by the way, as for actual forecasts, The NWS/NOAA is best out to 7 days. Accuweather's and the Weather Channel's day to day forecasts suck. But Accuweather's seasonal forecasters are pretty good.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3405677 - 10/16/13 08:22 PM Re: BSK Weather Forecast? [Re: Boone 58]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Boone 58
The GFS model is still predicting a big cold snap the end of next week (Juvi weekend), with the coldest weather Saturday morning. Coldest morning so far this year.

We received a cold snap a few years back on juvy weekend...2010 if I remember correctly and the scraping activity went bonkers!!! I saw scrapes everywhere here in wayne and Lawrence counties! Mostly from the young bucks.....but boy it was exciting!! I am on the Laurel Hill WMA hunt that 24-26th.

That timing sounds about right for your area. I'm hoping that cold snap hits, because our scraping is already exploding, and Juvi weekend might actually catch the beginning of the older buck cruising phase in my area (we have an early rut).

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3406862 - 10/17/13 02:38 PM Re: BSK Weather Forecast? [Re: ]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: CAMARO12
 Originally Posted By: Boone 58

That timing sounds about right for your area. I'm hoping that cold snap hits, because our scraping is already exploding, and Juvi weekend might actually catch the beginning of the older buck cruising phase in my area (we have an early rut).
What area are you referring to BSK??

Wayne and Lawrence County. A cold snap around Juvi for that area could really make scraping explode.

I'm up in Humphreys and our local rut is very early, hence we've already seen our scraping explode.

#3406875 - 10/17/13 02:45 PM Re: BSK Weather Forecast? [Re: ]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: CAMARO12
What phase would you think the deer are in around the Benton/Henry County line??

Just about to go through false rut. Ours was last weekend.

#3407146 - 10/17/13 06:02 PM Re: BSK Weather Forecast? [Re: ]
BSK
Non-Typical

Scraping making and scrape checking should be in full swing.

#3407265 - 10/17/13 07:38 PM Re: BSK Weather Forecast? [Re: BSK]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

That should be great for juvi. Would love for my daughter to shoot a good one Ive been seeing!

BSK........How do you think things will be over here along the river ( Tipton Co. ) the week of the 11th as far as stage of the rut IYO....... Any info for over here.....

Thanks!

Μολων λαβε

#3407795 - 10/18/13 06:59 AM Re: BSK Weather Forecast? [Re: in the dog house!]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
BSK........How do you think things will be over here along the river ( Tipton Co. ) the week of the 11th as far as stage of the rut IYO....... Any info for over here.....

I'm not familiar with rut timing in Tipton County. When is your normal peak of breeding?

#3407881 - 10/18/13 07:57 AM Re: BSK Weather Forecast? [Re: BSK]
BSK
Non-Typical

GFS computer models still look really good for next week. Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday mornings all look pretty cold (possible frost/freeze).

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
swampdonkey83, chrisp711, DEH20, tomtalker, jg12
13193 Registered Users
Who's Online
9 registered (Paul Burns, Marion deer hunter, BamaProud, Roost 1, EastTNHunter, lung-buster, 2 invisible) and 54 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13193 Members
42 Forums
91312 Topics
1067415 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.043 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.