Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3398905 - 10/11/13 11:26 PM Hardly a mention
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Except for the politicians of both stripes using the bodies of the 4 fallen Americans as pawns, this major incident has been totally overlooked by those they fought to defend.

Four dead, thirty wounded, with hardly a mention anywhere. It isn't over over there. No one cares except those who are over there, and those who have someone over there.

http://www.stripes.com/news/details-emer...killed-1.246342

#3399133 - 10/12/13 10:39 AM Re: Hardly a mention [Re: Bambi Buster]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Shame.

#3399531 - 10/12/13 05:38 PM Re: Hardly a mention [Re: AndyW]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

I agree we as a country do not appreciate what our young men and women are doing. They need to come home. Meanwhile, Kerry is in Afghanistan negotiating for them to stay, indefinitely. Didn't Obama promise to end that war? Instead he has made it more dangerous for our soldiers.

I will say that I was aware of some of the details a day or two ago only because I visit sites that do care. I doubt there was much in the MSM, but I don't bother reading the MSM.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3400140 - 10/13/13 08:11 AM Re: Hardly a mention [Re: citico_tim]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

When Bush was in office, the MSM made it a point every day to trumpet the number of American lives lost in Iraq.

#3400239 - 10/13/13 09:54 AM Re: Hardly a mention [Re: dr]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: dr
When Bush was in office, the MSM made it a point every day to trumpet the number of American lives lost in Iraq.

TODAY, those same news propaganda outlets refuse to report any real news that might be perceived as negative on behalf of Obama. They did just the opposite when Bush was President, purposefully distorting to harm the President; today they purposefully distort to protect the President from the truth of failed policy, as well as their failed agenda.

#3400266 - 10/13/13 10:27 AM Re: Hardly a mention [Re: Wes Parrish]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

They are not forgotten, shame on the media for not giving them their due honor and respect. I see the new headstones every time I visit them, and pay them their due honor and respect.

#3400542 - 10/13/13 02:57 PM Re: Hardly a mention [Re: citico_tim]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: citico_tim
I agree we as a country do not appreciate what our young men and women are doing. They need to come home. Meanwhile, Kerry is in Afghanistan negotiating for them to stay, indefinitely. Didn't Obama promise to end that war? Instead he has made it more dangerous for our soldiers.

I will say that I was aware of some of the details a day or two ago only because I visit sites that do care. I doubt there was much in the MSM, but I don't bother reading the MSM.

And while Kerry and the Kenyan-in-Chief play footsy with Karzai and the rest of the stone-age barbarians, the slaughter of our youth continues unabated:

KABUL (Reuters) - An Afghan man wearing an Afghan army uniform shot at U.S. soldiers in eastern Afghanistan, killing at least one serviceman on Sunday, local officials and the NATO-led coalition said.

The so-called "insider attack" in Paktika province is the fourth in less than a month and is likely to strain already tense ties between coalition troops and their allies, with most foreign troops scheduled to withdraw by the end of next year.

A Reuters tally shows Sunday's incident was the tenth this year, and took the death toll of foreign personnel to 15.

"A man wearing an Afghan army uniform shot at Americans in Sharana city (the provincial capital) near the governor's office," said an Afghan official, adding that two soldiers had been hit by the gunfire.

The NATO-led coalition confirmed one soldier had been shot by a man in security forces uniform, but did not comment on his nationality or whether the Afghan was wearing a army uniform.

Insider attacks threaten to further undermine waning support for the war among Western nations sending troops to Afghanistan.

A similar flurry of attacks last year prompted the NATO-led force to briefly suspend all joint activities and take steps to curb interaction between foreign and Afghan troops.

That has cut down the number of incidents, but some soldiers say the measures have further eroded the hard-won trust painstakingly nurtured between the allies over more than 12 years of war.

Late on Saturday, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Afghan President Hamid Karzai announced they had reached preliminary agreement on a bilateral security pact that now depends on the approval of Afghanistan's tribal leaders.

(Reporting by Mirwais Harooni; Writing by Jessica Donati; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afghan-uniform-shoots-u-soldiers-countrys-east-102017115.html#3y6tEdB

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
107 registered (Bullfrog, Andy S., Forvols, jb3, FastXD, Rubberduck270, 15 invisible) and 133 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93152 Topics
1088834 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.114 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.