Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3401859 - 10/14/13 11:38 AM Re: Man whats next.................. [Re: DEER REPELLANT]
Inkstainz
14 Point

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee

Well good luck with your back up
#3401912 - 10/14/13 12:30 PM Re: Man whats next.................. [Re: Inkstainz]
HDUKE1986
4 Point

Loc: Hamilton

Lol yes MUP I try to drive the speed limit after getting toasted by Red Bank police at the construction zone and I paid the ticket nicely cause I surely thought I was going to be put under the jail for how fast I was going over but the lady officer thanked me for not just taking off on my bike so she took it somewhat easy on me
#3401939 - 10/14/13 12:50 PM Re: Man whats next.................. [Re: DEER REPELLANT]
Urban_Hunter
8 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: DEER REPELLANT
Well dealer called me back and is giving me a Horton brotherhood as a spare in case this happens again. I am shipping mine out tomorrow and picking the Horton up today. I am shocked that he is doing this and now i am confident in his shop and services. I will be able to continue to hunt and when mine gets back have a back up Horton in case something else happens to the titan. Goes back to what i posted earlier. God has truly blessed me. Thank you to everyone out there who has stood beside me and not known me.

Wow, very generous dealer! Good luck this year, you have plenty of time to get 'er done!

You're never to old to learn something stupid.

#3404462 - 10/16/13 06:01 AM Re: Man whats next.................. [Re: Urban_Hunter]
DEER REPELLANT
6 Point

Loc: SODDY DAISY TN

Update on crossbow.

I went back to dealer Monday and showed him the limbs. He was baffled and said that he count understand what has happened. Since then i have talked with Tenpoint numerous times. One lady gave me an authorization number to return limbs. Then one hour later they respond about the form i filled out on their website. The email says when i call see if they might just send a replacement out to help me. So i called back and was explaining it to another lady and she told me to hold on, then another guy gets on their. He didn't seem like he wanted to help, so i asked him if he had an email i could send pics. He gave it to me and sent the pics, return number, my limb tracking number, and all my information. I haven't even got a reply back. Seems like tenpoint should have enough confidence in dealers to make a judgment call and send a replacement to dealer. Either way i feel like i shouldn't have switched from Excalibur to Tenpoint. I am going to call today and try to make them take it back and switch brands. I am not trying to bash or shame them, however with my experience with a month old bow, they don't seem to worried about it. What if i had a 2000 dollar elk hunt lined up and was down? So many different scenarios could be going on, but due to the timeline of purchase it would seam they would be doing something.

Anyway everyone have a great day and for those going out, HAPPY HUNTING.

#3404479 - 10/16/13 06:38 AM Re: Man whats next.................. [Re: DEER REPELLANT]
rrhoghead
6 Point

Loc: Shelby Co.Tn.

thats a bummer

#3404634 - 10/16/13 08:39 AM Re: Man whats next.................. [Re: biglefty20]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

I know how you feel. I had my only shotgun break 2 days before dove season one year. I was frantic. Got it fixed barely in time. Another equipment emergency was when my muzzle loader suddenly began misfiring right before season opened. I was out in my shop with the gun all apart until after 9:00 the night before ML season opened. Got it together just in time.
#3404701 - 10/16/13 09:09 AM Re: Man whats next.................. [Re: Hunter 257W]
CR500AFX
6 Point

Loc: ANDERSON CO.

I know that a good crossbow is expensive, but I have more than one for this very reason.

Tenpoint makes a good bow. I have owned two of them. I recently lost respect for Tenpoint. They bought what was left of Horton and announced that they would not service or support any Horton products. While I understand that they would not want to perform warranty work or supply warranty parts, I feel that supplying parts and service to paying customers goes a long way in promoting the Horton name which will still be used. I sold both of my tenpoint bows soon after the press release.

#3404710 - 10/16/13 09:14 AM Re: Man whats next.................. [Re: CR500AFX]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

Been thinking about buying a crossbow.... note to self don't buy a ten point ..

#3404791 - 10/16/13 10:11 AM Re: Man whats next.................. [Re: Eric Kilby]
DEER REPELLANT
6 Point

Loc: SODDY DAISY TN

I can most defiantly tell you this. When i purchased it i was told if you have a problem bring it back. I wasn't told that i would have to be paying for shipping because the dealers cannot make calls on replacement. Now tenpoint told me they would include something of shipping value to replace my money. Sounds like they are helping but i still lost money on something else i could use it on. I could understand if it was a year old, however it is a month old and maybe shot 20 times Grrrrrr. Don't matter i cannot make them do anything they want but this will show me if i repeat other purchases with this company or search out different options. The thing i keep telling myself is, crap happens.........more to me than others.
#3404800 - 10/16/13 10:17 AM Re: Man whats next.................. [Re: Eric Kilby]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: Eric Kilby
Been thinking about buying a crossbow.... note to self don't buy a ten point ..

The barnett jackal is the best one out there for the $ 270.00 315 fps outa the box. Put some limb savers on it and your set. Can't beat it for the $$

Μολων λαβε

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
12 registered (catman529, Mr.Squirrel, Mudbone, Rickym, m_allison71, bjohnson) and 47 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93135 Topics
1088559 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.118 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.