Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3399104 - 10/12/13 10:00 AM For me! It's here!
Cottontop
6 Point

Loc: Flat Rock, Alabama

Got my letter today. Seems I can't keep my current health plan after all. The "Affordable" plan is here! Former plan = $496 per month. "Affordable" plan = $969 per month. Thank you Mr.Obumer for taking such good care of me and my family!
#3399184 - 10/12/13 12:01 PM Re: For me! It's here! [Re: Cottontop]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

mad Online
Sorry to ask, but what insurance coverage do you have?
Employer provided?
What insurance company-- Blue Cross, etc?

Lots of us on here are waiting (cringing) to hear how much our employer provided insurance is going to change.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3399230 - 10/12/13 12:50 PM Re: For me! It's here! [Re: sgtwebb1]
Cottontop
6 Point

Loc: Flat Rock, Alabama

Hey Sarge. I have BCBS of AL.Private not employer provided.
#3399235 - 10/12/13 12:56 PM Re: For me! It's here! [Re: Cottontop]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

mad Online
I have BCBS TN thru my employer, and already pay about $500/month for medical.
Can't find any info that lets us know how much our premiums and deductibles will go up.
Not going to be good, no matter the outcome.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3399267 - 10/12/13 01:36 PM Re: For me! It's here! [Re: sgtwebb1]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

i am paying 516 a month for my family plan-4. freaking ridiculous. i thought teachers were supposed to have good insurance

#3399524 - 10/12/13 05:34 PM Re: For me! It's here! [Re: sgtwebb1]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1
I have BCBS TN thru my employer, and already pay about $500/month for medical.
Can't find any info that lets us know how much our premiums and deductibles will go up.
Not going to be good, no matter the outcome.

Sgt. We have BCBS thru the state (UT) and our premiums just went up 5.5%. Not too bad, this year. But the fallout is going to come in the future. Our plan would be considered a "Cadillac plan" right now, and if 5 years under O Care that would mean we'd have to pay a penalty.

But what is even worse is the quality of healthcare itself. I worked in the medical field as a consultant and manager for many years. I got out of that line of work about 10 years ago. Last spring both my wife and I had to be hospitalized, for different reasons at different times, and I was appalled at the level of care we received. Most hospitals live off of Medicare and Medicaid. And the cuts to Medicare, $700 billion, to subsidize Obamacare, are already being felt.

My wife laid in a back room for 8 hours with an acute appendicitis and when I finally raised cain about a potential ruptured appendix I was told they were understaffed and it wouldn't be much longer. It wasn't. Then when I went in they ordered a procedure which was to be done the next morning. It didn't happen. On the floor the charge nurse told me the best thing I could do was get out of there. Honestly! She said that things have gotten so bad even she was concerned about any stay in the hospital. Having once been a director in a hospital I could tell that they were cutting corners everywhere.

Folks, Obamacare doesn't have anything to do with healthcare. It is a gubmint insurance program which cuts costs by cutting payments to providers. So in the end it doesn't matter what insurance we have available to us, our healthcare delivery system which was once the envy of the world will become third world. And you and I are going to be paying for it.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3399801 - 10/12/13 08:36 PM Re: For me! It's here! [Re: citico_tim]
citico_tim
10 Point

Had to share:

-Thomas Jefferson

#3399824 - 10/12/13 08:49 PM Re: For me! It's here! [Re: citico_tim]
SCAT
6 Point

Loc: ANDERSON CO.

My wife is having surgery next month. Her deductible is met for the year already and everything is covered 100%. The surgeon wants $3100.00 before he will do the surgery. So, I suppose I will have to pay it and let the insurance company reimburse me. Makes no sense at all to me. I'm just not the right nationality or race so I have to prepay...

#3400056 - 10/13/13 06:30 AM Re: For me! It's here! [Re: SCAT]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Couple years back I offered to pay cash for a small surgery if they would give me a discount. (high deductible insurance policy)

2.5 weeks and nobody could tell me what they would charge to remove a bone spur from my ankle. They were freaked out about the idea of taking cash and skipping the insurance carnival ride.

Bet they would jump on that offer like duck on a June bug now.

#3400066 - 10/13/13 06:50 AM Re: For me! It's here! [Re: SCAT]
citico_tim
10 Point

Originally Posted By: CR500AFX
My wife is having surgery next month. Her deductible is met for the year already and everything is covered 100%. The surgeon wants $3100.00 before he will do the surgery. So, I suppose I will have to pay it and let the insurance company reimburse me. Makes no sense at all to me. I'm just not the right nationality or race so I have to prepay...

Check with your insurance company. If the doctor is on their "list", if they have one, he may not be able to do that. If there is a "list" then you could find another doctor if necessary. Very often doctors essentially contract with the insurance company and are then required to follow its policy.

However, if the surgery is elective, in other words you decided you want the surgery but it is not necessary ie cosmetic surgery, you may not have a choice and you may not even be reimbursed.

But the one thing we can all count on is that those of us that pay our own way in life will be seeing more of this under Obamacare. Of course if you are a government dependent you won't have to worry about paying anyway. The rest of us will be doing that for you.

-Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (Master Chief, TieCampBuckSlayer, BigPete357, encore06, Donk, wannabuck, 11 invisible) and 153 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93242 Topics
1088783 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.093 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.