Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3400273 - 10/13/13 10:37 AM Re: It was a mistake [Re: Wes Parrish]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

I just visited the Debtclock website 20 Trillion+ by 2017 and realized nothing is going to change unless we fight for smaller Government every chance we get. I'd rather go down swinging now rather than not fight at all. Something has to be done about this massive debt, forget about terrorism being our biggest threat, freeloaders are our biggest threat. Time to cut them all off and let them starve.

#3400291 - 10/13/13 11:08 AM Re: It was a mistake [Re: citico_tim]
flyinpro
Spike

Loc: Blount Co, TN

[quote=citico_tim]It is never a mistake to take a stand for the right thing. But it does take courage which is sorely lacking in the establishment GOP.

WC, I respect you immensely, but I have come to the conclusion that desperate times require desperate measures. And the GOP establishment isn't up to the task. It is time to call Obama's bluff. And Sen. McConnell doesn't have what it takes.

I also agree. And frankly, I am sad because Corker and Alexander are so spineless. Because of the establishment types like Alexander and McConnell we the people will never be able to take back our country from the DC Dwellers. Sad.

#3400485 - 10/13/13 02:05 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: Wildcat]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
Well here's a personal update.

Yesterday I found out I am the last holdout in my whole family. My niece is blaming it all on the Republicans that she's so mad she's going to switch to Democrat. No mater how I tried to explain to her she's had enough.

Do any of you guys play poker??

Those that do KNOW there are right times to buff and there are stupid times to buff.

Every single one of the Republicans KNEW the votes were NEVER there to defund Obamacare. If anybody ever really thought that the Republicans with ONLY the House in their control could bring down ObamaCare then you don't know the Constitution and the rules of both Houses like you think you do. The liberals sure as heck KNOW and that why they HATE it so much.

Yes the Republicans in the House had the right to do what they did but they KNEW the numbers were NEVER there

I hope losing this battle has not cost us the war.

The bigger and more important battle is the upcoming debt celling.

I've said this before and I still mean it. If the liberals gain in 2014 and win again in 2016 I WILL QUIT. I will set back to try to enjoy the rest of my life, protect what's mine and watch the ret of the country go down in flames. I feel sorry for my grand nieces and nephew but what can I do when everybody else in my whole family is now on the other side and teaching them to do the same?

One thing for sure, I'll join the other CONSERVATIVES in setting out the elections when our boy doesn't get the primary win. THAT should make me fit right in.

WC, I play poker. And there are also the right times to call a bluff. IMO this is it. Wrap the debt ceiling, the CR and a one year delay in the Obamacare personal mandate. Send it to Reid, then go home. Let the dems own it. Keep in mind that we, TEA Party type conservatives, gave the Republicans Congress in 2010 and the only thing we have gotten in return is the sequestration. Now the GOP is ready to hand it back. The simple truth is the GOP waited too long to begin the fight, three years too long.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3400678 - 10/13/13 05:30 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: sgtwebb1]
Steverino
6 Point

Loc: Giles Co

So what. Obama isn't the issue in '16. Hillary will come out like a winner if Obama loses credibility. Its win-win for them. Either we are all going to get out the vote in 14 for the real conservatives or we will see another 10 years of this.

And oh by the way - these idiots on Fox News and in the Tea Party really need to stop calling Social Security an entitlement. My wife and I and you paid into this "entitlement" since we were 16 years old and we are both in our 60s. Its an insurance policy or ponzi scheme whatever you'd like, but if this country is going to fold it up, I want my investment back + interest, otherwise they need to shut up and deal with it all properly. I think a whole lot of people in my age group feel the same way. The RIPublicans don't seem to get this and they are aiming the 1911 at their own feet by openly saying this stuff on TV and everywhere else. It needs to stop.

Entitlements are food stamps, they are housing subsidies, Obama money and Obama phones, and educational subsidies, and the myriad of government grants and programs to assist people with no return money back, they are not things us folks who work for a living have had to pay in to for their entire working lives, the same things the government taxes us on when we try to collect them (for married people with SS - get a D-i-v-o-r-c-e and you get a pass hows that for the American Family).

Sorry for the rant but this stuff has got to stop. Its indoctrination not information.

#3402356 - 10/14/13 05:43 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: Steverino]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Just relax, guys. This is all a well scripted play and everyone is in on it. The outcome is pre determined.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3403003 - 10/15/13 06:33 AM Re: It was a mistake [Re: de novo]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

You are right de novo! It's just like wrasslin'.
#3403324 - 10/15/13 10:38 AM Re: It was a mistake [Re: 348Winchester]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
You are right de novo! It's just like wrasslin'.

I'm ok with the US going down in smoke over all this crap, but please don't tell me wrasslin' is fake.....

#3404059 - 10/15/13 07:37 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: de novo]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Originally Posted By: de novo
Just relax, guys. This is all a well scripted play and everyone is in on it. The outcome is pre determined.

They would like it to be predetermined but the House Tea Party conservatives aren't accepting it. With out them, it would have already been a done deal. At this point the only way it will pass the house is if the moderate Repubs join the Dems in opposition to the group that got them the House to begin with.

This would be the end of Bohner as speaker and it will also result in Tea Party gains in 2014. Hmmm, maybe it is a good idea.....

-Thomas Jefferson

#3404544 - 10/16/13 07:43 AM Re: It was a mistake [Re: citico_tim]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: citico_tim
 Originally Posted By: de novo

They would like it to be predetermined but the House Tea Party conservatives aren't accepting it. With out them, it would have already been a done deal. At this point the only way it will pass the house is if the moderate Repubs join the Dems in opposition to the group that got them the House to begin with.

This would be the end of Bohner as speaker and it will also result in Tea Party gains in 2014. Hmmm, maybe it is a good idea.....

Excellent!

None of this is a mistake. The Tea Party got the pubs the House in 2010 - and NOW the elitists in the pub party are attempting to push the Tea Party aside and get back to status quo.

Screw them.

We have serious issues facing the country and the ONLY people willing to face them are in the Tea Party. If the pubs are successful in pushing them aside - fine.

I will never vote for another pub again. What difference does it make to vote for a pub - when the pub is not that much different from the dim-lib he/she is against?

BOLD COLORS - no pastels.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3405002 - 10/16/13 12:27 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: TennesseeRains]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

The republicans are missing the point: Conservatives are turning their back on republicans because the republicans are not providing any alternative to the 'rats actions; in fact, they often try to out-'rat the 'rats.

Conservatives are turning away from the republicans, and it's long overdue. If the republicans want to have any chance remaining a viable party, they'd better EMBRACE Conservatism rather than attack it.

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (TNRazorback, 7mminatree, Deck78, darn2ten, 5T's, EastTNHunter, 14 invisible) and 110 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91603 Topics
1070634 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.087 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.