Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#3398975 - 10/12/13 06:48 AM It was a mistake
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

There is no doubt in my mind that trying to defund Obamacare with ONLY THE HOUSE in Republican control was a mistake and they should never have tried.

The numbers were NEVER there. Ever if every single Republican voted to defund it, it would NEVER have made it pass the Democrat controlled Senate and Obama would have vetoed it right off the bat. And the numbers were NEVER there to override a veto.

We should have WAITED until after we took the Senate in 2014. But now we have to pray we can HOLD ON TO THE HOUSE instead.

Look what has happened. Obamacare came out and the system is down and is not working, people are trying and trying to get on but still don't have any idea what they will pay and if they ever did get enrolled or not. Where is the story about that????

PAGE 6, 7, or 8 in the newspapers.

THAT should have been the top story all across the land. If it was so bad to just to TRY to sign up think about how hard it will become when they seek treatment. They have had 3 years to get the system in place and they can't do that. But that's not the top story.
The HEADLINE is the REPUBLICANS SHUT DOWN THE GOVT.

THAT is what the majority of Americans believe.

They believe the Republicans shut down the govt to try to defund Obamacare and they are the ones that WOULD NOT TALK TO THE DEMOCRATS.

Sure SOME people are waking up to the real story and are starting to see what really did happen but those numbers are too little too late. The Republicans have a good chance of losing in 2014. The ones that blame the Republicans will vote against them as will CONSERVATIVES. Once AGAIN Conservatives WILL stay home in the general election in Nov 2014 giving the Democrats TOTAL power once again.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/10/09/3...s-experts-warn/

#3399085 - 10/12/13 09:37 AM Re: It was a mistake [Re: Wildcat]
JWW4
8 Point

Loc: Signal Mtn, TN

Couldn't disagree more.

I think it is working perfectly. I'm tired of seeing the GOP (which I don't support, but they aren't communist) fold on every issue and say we'll fight on the next one. Take a stand on your principles and win or lose accordingly.

Obama's approval rating is down to 37%. Bush was high then that at this point, and he had the media against him. I think the spiteful way Obama is going about the shutdown is exposing him for who he really is and people are noticing.

My Training Journal
http://www.gymwhisman.blogspot.com/

Like my farm on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Top-Sheep-Farm/379848202142838

#3399124 - 10/12/13 10:20 AM Re: It was a mistake [Re: JWW4]
Brogden
4 Point

Loc: Tennessee

America doesn't like Obama, JWW. The problem is they really don't like the republican party right now either.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165317/republican-party-favorability-sinks-record-low.aspx

#3399570 - 10/12/13 05:59 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: Brogden]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

It is never a mistake to take a stand for the right thing. But it does take courage which is sorely lacking in the establishment GOP.

WC, I respect you immensely, but I have come to the conclusion that desperate times require desperate measures. And the GOP establishment isn't up to the task. It is time to call Obama's bluff. And Sen. McConnell doesn't have what it takes.

You are correct in stating the Obamacare debacle should be on the front page of every newspaper. But the simple truth is, it was never going to happen. You cannot assume the media will report it accurately or fairly. They won't. With or without the shutdown and debt limit, the MSM would never do anything to harm Obamacare. It is a false assumption to think they would.

IMO, Congress should send one more conservative bill back to the Senate, dealing with the debt and continuing resolution, then go home. Leave it in Obama's lap. I am no expert but I have read that tax revenues would be more than enough to pay the interest on the debt which I recall was about 1/10 the total amount of monthly revenues. But Obama would have to either cut some spending elsewhere, or default. Let him make his choice.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3399577 - 10/12/13 06:09 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: citico_tim]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: citico_tim
IMO, Congress should send one more conservative bill back to the Senate, dealing with the debt and continuing resolution, then go home. Leave it in Obama's lap. I am no expert but I have read that tax revenues would be more than enough to pay the interest on the debt which I recall was about 1/10 the total amount of monthly revenues. But Obama would have to either cut some spending elsewhere, or default. Let him make his choice.

Exactly.
Just take the republicans out of the equation, so to speak.

#3399578 - 10/12/13 06:09 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: Brogden]
citico_tim
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Brogden
America doesn't like Obama, JWW. The problem is they really don't like the republican party right now either.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165317/republican-party-favorability-sinks-record-low.aspx

The underlying problem for the republicans is that true conservatives don't much care for them either. They are getting disapproval from both ends of the spectrum. They must think if they are nice to the liberals they will get invited to parties and dinners and such. But they are alienating the conservative wing of their party, the wing that put them in power.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3399596 - 10/12/13 06:20 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: Wes Parrish]
citico_tim
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish

Exactly.
Just take the republicans out of the equation, so to speak.

Hadn't quite thought of it that way, but yes, either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3399613 - 10/12/13 06:36 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: Brogden]
JWW4
8 Point

Loc: Signal Mtn, TN

The GOP and Congress a whole have been in the low teens for years. Nothing new there. Obama down to 37% is new and big news.

My Training Journal
http://www.gymwhisman.blogspot.com/

Like my farm on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Top-Sheep-Farm/379848202142838

#3399779 - 10/12/13 08:17 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: JWW4]
citico_tim
10 Point

Originally Posted By: JWW4

The GOP and Congress a whole have been in the low teens for years. Nothing new there. Obama down to 37% is new and big news.

Well, it is big news to everybody but the news. And what makes it even more interesting is that it was an AP poll which undoubtedly over polled democrats. They always do. In a recent AP poll on Obamacare, 20% of those polled were government workers. There is no way a random sample would have arrived at 20% government workers.

So the real numbers are likely lower. And you can bet the White House is aware. The repubs may have an ace up there sleeves and they don't even know it.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3399780 - 10/12/13 08:17 PM Re: It was a mistake [Re: citico_tim]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

The underlying problem for the republicans is that true conservatives don't much care for them either. They are getting disapproval from both ends of the spectrum. They must think if they are nice to the liberals they will get invited to parties and dinners and such. But they are alienating the conservative wing of their party, the wing that put them in power.

There is my one and only hope for this nation.
IF enough Conservative, small-government voters turn out next year, we can elect enough Conservatives to truly send a message to the Republicans;

The days of making deals with the devil are over.

Unfortunately, I have little hope that it'll happen.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
53 registered (Dale3, MUP, diamond hunter, JC5810, rem7-08, striker12, 2 invisible) and 139 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85219 Topics
1029905 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.23 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.