Tndeer Logo

Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3394185 - 10/08/13 08:54 PM Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops
Super8
8 Point

Loc: USofA

We have to speak up and get this dictator impeached.
Enough of the un-American BS

http://www.conservativeactionalerts.com/2012/02/obama-pulls-combat-pay-for-u-s-troops/

#3394223 - 10/08/13 09:05 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: Super8]
TN RDG RNR
12 Point

Loc: Rhea County

content Online
I'm sure he will require them to pay taxes next. It was $250 just a couple of years ago. Couldn't believe they cut it $25. Very petty and very sad.

#3394308 - 10/08/13 09:38 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: TN RDG RNR]
280longshot
8 Point

Loc: Tn, Tipton

What amazes me is that people who voted for him could care less...
Oh it makes me sick!!!!!!!

#3394315 - 10/08/13 09:42 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: 280longshot]
Super8
8 Point

Makes a lot of people sick.
The sad part is this administration does not give a dam.
They want it the way they want it and piss on everyone else.

Divided is not even what we are, because 68% are now pissed.
Time to DEMAND Impeachment !

#3402026 - 10/14/13 01:49 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: Super8]
medwc
8 Point

Loc: Clarksville, TN, hunt FCKY an...

lol, Check your facts. It was passed by most everyone(BOTH SIDES!!!) of them bungholes in DC . AND it actually stops combat pay for the soldiers getting combat pay THAT ARE NOT in a combat zone. If you haven't been over there as a combat soldier and seen what I am talking about.... well maybe you shouldn't be talking about it. Ask a grunt what he thinks about the soldiers in Kuwait getting combat pay. lol, expect a mouthful of profanity. And not everyone should get it because they are in the military. Look at it this way... airborne soldiers on jump status get extra pay(jump pay was $150 a month). Soldiers not on statues do not get it. Why give it to soldiers if they are not earning it while OTHERS ARE? Now if you want to say pay the whole military more, sure but combat pay is earned. Hell, anyone of us could be gone tomorrow in another 911 why not give everyone combat pay. Yeah, that makes sense. \:\/
#3402034 - 10/14/13 01:51 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: medwc]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

The Dictator is too well connected to be impeached. Until the senate is more Republican than Democrat no impeachment proceedings will occur.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3402082 - 10/14/13 02:12 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: medwc]
TN RDG RNR
12 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: medwc
lol, Check your facts. It was passed by most everyone(BOTH SIDES!!!) of them bungholes in DC . AND it actually stops combat pay for the soldiers getting combat pay THAT ARE NOT in a combat zone. If you haven't been over there as a combat soldier and seen what I am talking about.... well maybe you shouldn't be talking about it. Ask a grunt what he thinks about the soldiers in Kuwait getting combat pay. lol, expect a mouthful of profanity. And not everyone should get it because they are in the military. Look at it this way... airborne soldiers on jump status get extra pay(jump pay was $150 a month). Soldiers not on statues do not get it. Why give it to soldiers if they are not earning it while OTHERS ARE? Now if you want to say pay the whole military more, sure but combat pay is earned. Hell, anyone of us could be gone tomorrow in another 911 why not give everyone combat pay. Yeah, that makes sense. \:\/

I guess an argument could be made for that. Why not prorate it while your at it. Only pay combat pay when your outside the wire and of course being shot at not just riding down the road in a hummer? If I did the math right it comes out to 31 cents an hour. That would really help cut defense spending.

Like I stated IMO very petty.

#3402103 - 10/14/13 02:35 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: medwc]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Wholeheartedly agreed.

#3402133 - 10/14/13 03:00 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: TN RDG RNR]
medwc
8 Point

Loc: Clarksville, TN, hunt FCKY an...

Originally Posted By: TN RDG RNR

I guess an argument could be made for that. Why not prorate it while your at it. Only pay combat pay when your outside the wire and of course being shot at not just riding down the road in a hummer? If I did the math right it comes out to 31 cents an hour. That would really help cut defense spending.

It's not about being outside the wire or riding in a hummer. That is where they have suckered you in to believing their story. There were/are lots of soldiers (all ranks) abusing the system to collect combat pay. Why let them abuse it? Talk to some soldiers that have been over there and know what is going on. All soldier(not just combat arms) in combat zones are getting combat pay. Anyways, let me go be petty with my dog.

#3402191 - 10/14/13 03:39 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: smstone22]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: smstone22

Wholeheartedly agreed.

I was hoping someone who knew the facts first-had would comment on this. Thank you gentlemen, for that and much else.

#3402346 - 10/14/13 05:39 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: Bambi Buster]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Another angle is why are we haggling our soldiers for pennies an hour while the domestic entitlements to moochers and illegals are in the billions?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3402435 - 10/14/13 06:38 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: de novo]
Planking
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online

#3402615 - 10/14/13 07:55 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: medwc]
TN RDG RNR
12 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: TN RDG RNR

It's not about being outside the wire or riding in a hummer. That is where they have suckered you in to believing their story. There were/are lots of soldiers (all ranks) abusing the system to collect combat pay. Why let them abuse it? Talk to some soldiers that have been over there and know what is going on. All soldier(not just combat arms) in combat zones are getting combat pay. Anyways, let me go be petty with my dog.

??

I kind of have an idea how it works since I have been deployed down range 3 times into actual combat zone and received combat pay. Also spent time in Qatar, Kuwait, Egypt, Somalia, and Jordan and received combat pay. $250 a month extra, so what. Again an extra $7.50 a day for being in BFE surrounded day in and day out by people who would like to kill you.

Abusing the system? \:\/

#3402819 - 10/14/13 09:44 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: Super8]
TN RDG RNR
12 Point

content Online
Actually felt safer down range than I did at most other locations deployed. At least I was armed up.

Just my opinion but any Muslim nation should be considered war zone.

Spent 30 days at a AB in a Middle Eastern country. One of 8 US troops deployed there. We slept in shifts and didn't go anywhere alone. I have never been more afraid for my life but by these standards I wouldn't have collected the $7.50 extra a day.

Petty , cheap, wrong, sad take your pick.

#3402962 - 10/15/13 05:10 AM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: de novo]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: de novo
Another angle is why are we haggling our soldiers for pennies an hour while the domestic entitlements to moochers and illegals are in the billions?

Elephant just moved to the center of the room.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3404232 - 10/15/13 09:16 PM Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops [Re: MUP]
Super8
8 Point

Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Deadeye14, woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
60 registered (Master Chief, TN Whitetail Freak, scn, Planking, Wrangler95, ruger7mag, 7 invisible) and 104 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
89003 Topics
1041203 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.228 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.