Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3384226 - 10/02/13 09:42 AM Battery and Valve Adjustments? Kawasaki Prairie
Tenn.Guy
8 Point

Loc: Tenn

I need to order a new battery and tender for my Kaw Prairie 360.

Any recommendations on a battery? I want a maintenance free. The drain line on the last battery and corroded the hitch where it drains.

I was looking on amazon at a Yuasa, but dont know anything about them.

Also the valves need to be adjusted pretty bad I think. It wont idle without dying. I was going to pay a guy but would do it myself if someone could tell me how \:D

Thanks for any info!

#3384377 - 10/02/13 11:16 AM Re: Battery and Valve Adjustments? Kawasaki Prairie [Re: Tenn.Guy]
TNGunhunter
6 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

I got a battery from Advance Auto Parts last year, haven't had to charge it yet, was around $80.00 + tx. Not sure about the valves.

#3384386 - 10/02/13 11:21 AM Re: Battery and Valve Adjustments? Kawasaki Prairie [Re: TNGunhunter]
Tenn.Guy
8 Point

Did you buy it already charged? I went cheapo and bought the one I had to charge the last time. I think I charged it too fast and it only held charge for a short period.

I will probably just make a trip there and get another one, but one they have charged already and pick up a tender.

#3384490 - 10/02/13 12:26 PM Re: Battery and Valve Adjustments? Kawasaki Prairie [Re: Tenn.Guy]
TN Larry
10 Point

Loc: Baxter, Tennessee

Buy a Honda........... \:\)

If you remember, mine wouldn't idle worth a darn either. Mine had an idle adjustment on it, and he had it idling perfect in about 30 seconds. Yours may be the same way.

#3384562 - 10/02/13 01:04 PM Re: Battery and Valve Adjustments? Kawasaki Prairie [Re: TN Larry]
TNGunhunter
6 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

I gave mine the initial 12 hour charge...been working fine for me. I too, own Honda machines.

#3385510 - 10/02/13 10:06 PM Re: Battery and Valve Adjustments? Kawasaki Prairie [Re: TNGunhunter]
TN RDG RNR
12 Point

Loc: Rhea County

Tractor Supply had a tender the other day for $10. Didn't really look that close at it so cant tell you more than that.

360s are notorious for tight valves , it certainty wouldn't hurt to check the adjustment. I could splain valve adjustment to you but I'd probably just leave you scratching your head. Its really pretty simple. Look at YouTube for valve adjustment on your particular atv much better than me typing it. If you have any questions pm me, would be happy to try and help.

My guess would be the pilot jet is blocked. Its very small and doesn't take much. If you can, turn the gas off remove the drain screw bottom of the bowl and drain the carb put the drain screw back in, then insert the tube of a can of carb cleaner into the overflow tube and fill the bowl with carb cleaner, (when the bowl is full the carb cleaner will be coming back out of the drain tube) let it sit overnight. Turn the gas back on and start the engine. It will run and smell like he11 until the fuel replaces the carb cleaner but it will clear the jet...if that's what it is.

Good Luck

#3391403 - 10/07/13 09:44 AM Re: Battery and Valve Adjustments? Kawasaki Prairie [Re: TN RDG RNR]
Tenn.Guy
8 Point

Originally Posted By: TN RDG RNR
Tractor Supply had a tender the other day for $10. Didn't really look that close at it so cant tell you more than that.

360s are notorious for tight valves , it certainty wouldn't hurt to check the adjustment. I could splain valve adjustment to you but I'd probably just leave you scratching your head. Its really pretty simple. Look at YouTube for valve adjustment on your particular atv much better than me typing it. If you have any questions pm me, would be happy to try and help.

My guess would be the pilot jet is blocked. Its very small and doesn't take much. If you can, turn the gas off remove the drain screw bottom of the bowl and drain the carb put the drain screw back in, then insert the tube of a can of carb cleaner into the overflow tube and fill the bowl with carb cleaner, (when the bowl is full the carb cleaner will be coming back out of the drain tube) let it sit overnight. Turn the gas back on and start the engine. It will run and smell like he11 until the fuel replaces the carb cleaner but it will clear the jet...if that's what it is.

Good Luck

TN RDG RNR --- going to give it a try myself. I can do it with a little help.

So here is my carb.

I am assuming the allen head screw is the drain screw. Where is the overflow tube? Do I need to remove the small plastic cover to view it?

Thanks -- I hope this fixes it, then I can change all the fluids, spark plug, battery myself...

Thanks for the help!

#3391834 - 10/07/13 02:53 PM Re: Battery and Valve Adjustments? Kawasaki Prairie [Re: Tenn.Guy]
TN RDG RNR
12 Point

the line on very bottom of the carb bowl is the over flow tube the other end isn't connected to anything just keeps gas off the motor should the needle valve stick. that does appear to be the bowl drain plug next to it

#3392156 - 10/07/13 07:28 PM Re: Battery and Valve Adjustments? Kawasaki Prairie [Re: TN RDG RNR]
Tenn.Guy
8 Point

Great thanks for the info. I'll post up how it turns out.
#3392223 - 10/07/13 07:56 PM Re: Battery and Valve Adjustments? Kawasaki Prairie [Re: Tenn.Guy]
TN RDG RNR
12 Point

The throttle linkage is under the plastic cover and your idle screw is the springy cable with the black knob on the end of it. Clockwise increases idle speed.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, gtk, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (duckriver, downthebrown, RAFI, in the dog house!, utfan1, encore06, 14 invisible) and 133 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
94068 Topics
1098963 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.133 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.