Tndeer Logo

Page 233 of 262 « First<231232233234235>Last »
Topic Options
#3366977 - 09/20/13 07:54 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Are you hearing?

These are the Words of Jesus:

John 8:47

47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

To many folks today let the Word of God go in one ear and out the other. We must listen and take to heart every Word of God. We can not pick and choose what we want to hear and what we want to ignore. God's Word is an all or nothing option. When folks choose not to listen to what God says we are told here it is because they are not of God. Can't get more simple than that can it. Once we hear the Word then this is the next step:

James 1:22

But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Do what God says...plain and simple!

So this morning are you hearing and doing or are you picking and choosing? When you figure this out you will know if you are of God or not!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3367150 - 09/20/13 09:43 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Thanks Tom

#3370837 - 09/23/13 09:12 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Where is your mind at?

Monday, Monday! If you are like most you have a million things to do this week at work, with the kids, at church, ect. So our minds tend to be focused on those things instead of God. Look at this verse:

Colossians 3:2

2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Where are our minds suppose to be? On things that are in heaven or important to the Kingdom of God. The stresses of life can be overwhelming, but God tells us not to worry!

Matthew 6:25-34 Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

God tells us how to deal with these worries here:

Philippians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Give it to God and then be obedient and do the things of the Kingdom of God. When we are doing God's work, we won't have time for our minds to get on things we have no control over!

So get your mind right this morning! Get it on God!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3372227 - 09/24/13 08:15 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Where ya dwelling today?

No matter what kind of day you have today, good or bad, you can know where you dwell. God has given us a choice to live in Him or to live somewhere else. God loves you and wants you to be with Him but he will not force you. Read these verses:

Psalm 91:1-2

91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;My God, in Him I will trust.”

I am so thankful for those who brought me to Jesus. Life has thrown me some curve balls and I am greatful to dwell in God. God has also blessed more than I deserve and I praise God that He gives me the opportunity to dwell in Him. I trust God and always will no matter where life takes me. I know God will be right there beside me. One thing to keep in mind, this is just my temporary home, for one day soon I will live for eternity with God in heaven because I placed my trust in His Son Jesus!

So where have you chosen to dwell this day? In the world who will let you down or in Jesus who will never leave nor forsake you? Your choice!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3373477 - 09/25/13 07:52 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Are you praising God?

Well here we are half way through the week. You may have had a great week so far or maybe not so great. No matter what your are facing we need to sing praises to God! Check this verse out:

Psalm 13:6

6 I will sing to the Lord,Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

Dave Ramsey, the christian financial guru, always responds to a caller to his show who asks "how are you" by saying "better than I deserve". I think the majority of us can say that, matter of fact all of us can say that because what we deserve is death and hell!

Singing praises to God helps in so may ways. First, it shows our love for Him. Second, it shows others whom our God is. Third, it makes your feel good to praise God. Fourth, it is scriptural to do so. Fifth, God is worthy of our praises!

The later part of the verse says "Because He has dealt bountifully with me." Can I get an amen on that! I am blessed! God has blessed me beyond my comprehension. I am so unworthy of even another breath, but God loves me and provides. He loves you too, think about all the blessings God has given you!

So this morning let the singing go, and praise God......for HE IS WORTHY!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3374929 - 09/26/13 08:32 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

I wait on you God....lead me.

Great verse this morning I seen shared by Sadie Robertson the teenage girl from Duck Dynasty.

Psalm 25:5

5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me,For You are the God of my salvation;On You I wait all the day.

The world wants to lead you this morning. Don't let it. Put your blinders on and keep your focus on Jesus. Ask Him to lead you in truth and to teach you...He will. Acknowledge Jesus as your God, the God of your salvation. Praise Him for dying on the cross from you! No matter what you face today, wait on God. He will lead and give answers and love you! Just remember it will be in His timing not ours. His ways are not our ways so just wait and listen. God is there and always will be for those who follow Him!

Have a great day!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3374997 - 09/26/13 09:24 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

I am blessed!

#3376354 - 09/27/13 07:52 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Are your ways in order?

Today will be the last devotion for a little over a week as I will be away from the computer for a bit!

I was reading in 2 Chronicles and came across this verse:

2 Chronicles 27:6

6 So Jotham became mighty, because he ordered his ways before the Lord his God.

Jotham was a King in Judah. He was a faithful servant of the Lord. What caught my attention was "he ordered his ways before the Lord his God". Wow what a great thing to be said about someone. So I want to ask us this morning, are our ways ordered before God this morning and every second of everyday?

The concept of things being ordered is to be so in love with God that all of our day is in accordance with His will for our lives. In other words, our day is planned by God and we obey. What a great way to live! For the believer it should be how we want to live. Totally surrendered to God.

The result for Jotham was he was a mighty King! The result for us will be a joy filled, blessed, and victorious life in Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord.

So this morning, are your ways in order?

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3391402 - 10/07/13 09:44 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Wait for God in marriage!!

I just Got back from marrying my cousin Sara in Michigan. Sara along with her new husband Eric have waited for a long time for each (in their mid 30's) other but most importantly for God to show them who to marry. In today's society, we tend to think get married to who ever we think we want to and then if it don't work get a divorce and try again. Folks this is not so and we need to learn this is not pleasing to God! Look at this verse:

Mark 10:6-9

6 But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Can it be any more plain than that? First, we see male and female to be joined together. Not man and man or women and women. Do what God says not what man thinks is right! Second, we see they become one flesh. They are now united after marriage. Treat each other with love and respect as you would yourself because in marriage you become ONE! Third, we see the command from God....Don't separate what God had joined together! This is why it is so important to wait on God for the one he has for you! When we get ahead of God, things are not what they should be and hard times lie ahead!

Wait for God to lead you in marriage, it will be worth the wait!

It was such a pleasure to perform Eric and Sara's wedding as they have put God first in their lives. They even asked for me to present the gospel during the ceremony! Praise God! May God bless them and use them for His glory!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3391410 - 10/07/13 09:52 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Cooter
8 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, Tn

Congrats to Sara and her husband!!
Page 233 of 262 « First<231232233234235>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
108 registered (Good time Charlie, DennyB, waterman, wildlifelover, Deer Whisperer, Roost 1, 10 invisible) and 144 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95700 Topics
1120289 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 1.075 seconds in which 0.038 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.