#3372376 - 09/24/13 10:38 AM Re: "Selecting" does for meat [Re: Deck78]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Deck78
 Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
 Originally Posted By: Deck78
I'm not going to take a word of Will Brantleys advice. Fried fawn cutlets? That's what draws people to his dinner table? Get bent! If I shoot a fawn that little sucker is definitely not getting fried. On to the next subject

I suppose you have a problem with veal scallopini? Straighten up! \:D

I don't have problems with fried food and I definitely will eat some fried tenderloin and biscuit but dadgummed if every dang article written about preparing venison dishes revolves around heating oil, breading meat and frying the crap out of it. Consider me a snob if you will but I refuse to lower my standards to routinely frying meat

I agree with that. I've had fried tenderloin before and it was great, but I have never fried any of mine and don't expect that I ever will. -just seems like a bit of a waste to fry such a delicate muscle. If I want to fry venison, I'll take steaks off the legs, pound them out real thin and fry them. Both cuts have the same flavor. The difference is, you can do things with a tenderloin that you cannot do very well with a steak, but you can easily fry both of them and accomplish the same ends, so why use tenderloin? At least, that's my thinking. I won't complain one bit if someone wants to fry their tenderloins, though.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3372408 - 09/24/13 10:54 AM Re: "Selecting" does for meat [Re: Poser]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Originally Posted By: Poser

I agree with that. I've had fried tenderloin before and it was great, but I have never fried any of mine and don't expect that I ever will. -just seems like a bit of a waste to fry such a delicate muscle. If I want to fry venison, I'll take steaks off the legs, pound them out real thin and fry them. Both cuts have the same flavor. The difference is, you can do things with a tenderloin that you cannot do very well with a steak, but you can easily fry both of them and accomplish the same ends, so why use tenderloin? At least, that's my thinking. I won't complain one bit if someone wants to fry their tenderloins, though.

I hear ya...we were killing 50-60 (one year we killed 70)deer per year in the late 80s-mid 90s between 10 people. Tenderloins were abundant. \:\)

I haven't fried any in a while. However, i am salivating right now...I's fire up the oil if I had one \:\)

#3372415 - 09/24/13 11:02 AM Re: "Selecting" does for meat [Re: BamaProud]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
 Originally Posted By: Poser

I hear ya...we were killing 50-60 (one year we killed 70)deer per year in the late 80s-mid 90s between 10 people. Tenderloins were abundant. \:\)

I haven't fried any in a while. However, i am salivating right now...I's fire up the oil if I had one \:\)

So long as its not vegetable oil.

#3372440 - 09/24/13 11:26 AM Re: "Selecting" does for meat [Re: Poser]
tailchaser
6 Point

Im going to have to disagree with you on the fried,may be its a southern thing, but fried anything is dang good,use crisco or lard,and on tenderloin put seasonings in flour and coat meat and fry,hard to beat imo,not saying frying is good for you but it is good eating.
#3372468 - 09/24/13 11:53 AM Re: "Selecting" does for meat [Re: tailchaser]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Originally Posted By: tailchaser
Im going to have to disagree with you on the fried,may be its a southern thing, but fried anything is dang good,use crisco or lard,and on tenderloin put seasonings in flour and coat meat and fry,hard to beat imo,not saying frying is good for you but it is good eating.

Yes, fried anything is good, including fried tenderloin. I didn't say it wasn't good. I said that fried tenderloin isn't any better than a fried venison steak, but you can do all kinds of things with tenderloin besides frying that you cannot do with a venison steak.

#3372475 - 09/24/13 11:57 AM Re: "Selecting" does for meat [Re: Poser]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Yep.

My cousin...ALL he wants to do is fry tenderloin...

Well, seein as he likes eating better than cooking - and I always have to cook, I never fry any. I was grilling the tenderloin often - medium rare - which, of course, he griped as he wanted his burnt into what I consider shoe leather.

However, I began browning them in a cast iron skillet and placing them in the oven a little bit to finish and found I like that much better. Just so it's medium rare is all.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3372722 - 09/24/13 03:17 PM Re: "Selecting" does for meat [Re: TennesseeRains]
tailchaser
6 Point

I understand what your saying now,sometimes Im a little s l o w
#3372966 - 09/24/13 07:18 PM Re: "Selecting" does for meat [Re: tailchaser]
Inkstainz
14 Point

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee

Fried tenderloin is good if you have an abundance of them or if somebody else wants to cook theirs but I choose to do other things with mine.
#3380195 - 09/29/13 10:21 PM Re: "Selecting" does for meat [Re: TennesseeRains]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

content Online
 Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains
Yep.

My cousin...ALL he wants to do is fry tenderloin...

Well, seein as he likes eating better than cooking - and I always have to cook, I never fry any. I was grilling the tenderloin often - medium rare - which, of course, he griped as he wanted his burnt into what I consider shoe leather.

However, I began browning them in a cast iron skillet and placing them in the oven a little bit to finish and found I like that much better. Just so it's medium rare is all.

food is always best when prepared by someone else. your cousin is a smart feller

#3382867 - 10/01/13 02:00 PM Re: "Selecting" does for meat [Re: redblood]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Loc: Crosby, TX

Tenderized cube steak from hams

Team Peapicker

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Bobby G, RUGER, Unicam, gtk, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Mrs.Unicam 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Deadeye14, woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
80 registered (Lincoln Co Archer, John3, gbotts, 156p&y, cbarron19, Twinshooter, 7 invisible) and 104 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88988 Topics
1041020 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.21 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.