Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 22 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#3404210 - 10/15/13 09:01 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Loc: NASHVILLE, TN

So let me ask you all this, if you had $100 and could get one of these, which one would you get? I am a "go big or go home" kind of guy. i dont want a starter, nor a pro, but a good medium unit. i will probably be going by nashville vapor tomorrow after work to get one. which unit is a good medium that is adjustable and quite compact? id like it to be in the $40-70 range and then i will get whatever i need with it. I'm a starter here, so i will decide on flavor, but what "dosage of nicotine" do i need to start with?

i am very particular about this stuff.....meaning i want it to work the first time, or mentally, i wont want to use it ever again \:D . seriously, i want something that is not too bold, but not light at all. i am sure the guys at the store can help, but just wanting yalls advise as well. thanks!

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3404352 - 10/15/13 11:08 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
bigrob
4 Point

Loc: grundy TN

bsk. try the protank it is a bottom fed tank with wonderful flavor and there is a mini vivi nova that is good small size. o and by the way try the black devil e-liquid it is wonderful

#3404356 - 10/15/13 11:13 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
bigrob
4 Point

Loc: grundy TN

jcdeerman. I would look at the ego twist 1100. I would go with the 16mg. I just started myself and went from smoking 3 packs a day to 2 cigs a day. hope this helps

#3404370 - 10/15/13 11:43 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bigrob]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

JCDEERMAN, I personally didn't like the Ego twist—only because both tanks ended up leaking on me. After talking to BSK, I switched over to the Evod and really like it—much better draw/vape. I haven't gotten the funny taste that BSK mentioned and it only comes apart at the bottom—unlike the Ego clearomizer which can/will come apart in three different locations. As bigrob recommended I would go with the Ego style battery, but give the Evod tank a serious look. Upgrade the batteries if possible to 1000mah.

#3404371 - 10/15/13 11:47 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Another good vanilla I just found is one from http://www.myvaporstore.com and it is called killa vanilla—it doesn't taste purely like vanilla, but more like a waffle house waffle loaded with syrup with a vanilla kick to it. It's really good!

Had a spike and 8pointer come in, just about 10 yards out of my max range while I was puffing away Saturday morning. ;\)

#3404527 - 10/16/13 07:31 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNDeerGuy]
donkey5150
4 Point

Loc: joelton

JCdeerman, the ego twist battery is nice if you want to try variable voltage and is compact enough, but if you are only going to have one battery to use you could also go with the Ego C pass through. It allows you to have the ability to charge the battery via micro USB cable AND still be able to vape from it while it charges. I agree with TNdeerman on the evods for a tank. I haven't had the taste issue BSK has had. They also have a Protank mini that is like the evod, but made from Pyrex, which would allow for vaping cinnamons and other juices that cause cracking in plastic tanks. As for dosage, it all depends on howuch you smoked, but I was a 2 1/2-3 pack a day and found I couldn't do the 24mg. I started with either a 12 or 18 depending on what I could find. Strength will vary person to person.

#3404537 - 10/16/13 07:38 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNDeerGuy]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

I would probably go with a pair of 1000 mah Ego Twist batteries. As for the clearomizer, that always ends up being personal preference. But I would probably go with what gets the most recommendations, like Vivi Nova (mini) or Kanger Evod. But the guys at Nashville Vapor have everything and will tell you what is getting the best reviews. However, I can just about guarantee that you will end up experimenting, just like everybody else does, and you will try two, three, four or more different clearomizers over time. And honestly, that's the only way to find what you like best.

Now per your original question, if I had $100 to spend, I would get the Innokin Itaste SVD with iClear30 clearomizer (6 wicks!). That thing is a MONSTER! Big J bought one and loves it. It uses replaceable rechargeable batteries up to 2250 mah, and has both adjustable wattage and voltage. The big downside is size. This would be my "home" unit and not considered a "travel" unit.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3404539 - 10/16/13 07:40 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: donkey5150
JCdeerman, the ego twist battery is nice if you want to try variable voltage and is compact enough, but if you are only going to have one battery to use you could also go with the Ego C pass through. It allows you to have the ability to charge the battery via micro USB cable AND still be able to vape from it while it charges.

I had one of those and it failed on me pretty quickly (the circuitry went out). I've found that the Ego knock-off batteries die much faster than true Ego products.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3404546 - 10/16/13 07:44 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
BSK
Non-Typical

I hate to do it, but for only $8-10 invested, I'm going to have to buy another Evod. Maybe the weird taste I experience that no one else does is from the unit I have. NOBODY else reports this weird taste, so maybe I just got a bad one. I sure LOVE the airiness and amount of vapor produced by the Evod. Much better than the type 2 clearomizers I use most.

#3404556 - 10/16/13 07:53 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

Loc: joelton

Originally Posted By: BSK
I had one of those and it failed on me pretty quickly (the circuitry went out). I've found that the Ego knock-off batteries die much faster than true Ego products.

The knockoffs are definitely garbage. On a whim I bought one of these knockoffs they have at the twice daily markets. Won't charge or fire. And while I have gotten a bad EGO branded one, seems like all the cheap knockoffs have issues from the start. All that being said...when i constantly drop them out of pockets, cars, treestands...etc. I just go with what my wallet can handle. Still cheaper than smoking!

Page 6 of 22 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Moore Land, jackal, baydog, blueticks, always_running92
13301 Registered Users
Who's Online
90 registered (scn, big 8's in Weakley county, slagtown_dfa, encore06, 7mm08, 280longshot, 17 invisible) and 155 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85710 Topics
1035731 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.27 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.